3U students - how did u go? (1 Viewer)

mang

i had almost an hour for questions 9 and 10
10b was good once you worked out what the question meant
hopefully 110
(thats 109 more than i will get in extension)

jebba_d

yea it was a bitch of an exam. i only attempted to get 4 of the marks out of q10 but i kno i got all 4 cos they were easy/ show questions. q1-9 i think i ocunted a possibility of losing mayb 5 marks. so thats like 107+ hopefully. was a bitch of an exam tho. i seriously sympathise with the 2u kids who were thrown off cos of the whole thing. maths gets harder every yr.
was aiming for above 108 but i think the only reason i even got close was cos i gave up on the past hsc papers from 1999 backwards. they just kept getting easier and easier and i wasnt cos i was studying. i started doing all the gps school trials form the last couple yrs and i think it paid off, some of the q's were challenging

evette13

HSC
omgosh im so glad im not the only 3uniter who thought it was terrible
THe trial was so not good for preparation- i killed it- but i sure didnt kill this one haha
I heard if we go well in 3unit it bumps our marks up heaps?
Gona have to concentrate on thursdays paper now!

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
laurel18 said:
Twas horrible! :(
But i guess if everyone does bad, it gets scaled up?
'Would only hope and not count on't now, my dear. =(

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i think i just might be shy of 90% raw (108). should be above 100, barring any huge errors...

frootloop

HSC
It was quite difficult. (Catholic) Trials was piss-easy in comparison to this!

I was thinking that it would be hard- particularly the last few qs (deduced from doing past papers). But that exam, for me anyway, felt like a 3 unit one. 'Twas much too difficult for a 2 unit exam.

Hoping (still) to make it to 100+/120

Libbster

HSC
That was hard, i did 10a and the first part of 10b that test was gay. i really don't want to do 3 unit. hopefully they make it easy, but they wont. BASTARDS!!!!!!! lol

chase

that 2unit exam felt more like of a 3unit standard... im getting a sick feeling over the 3unit paper now. they're really working us this year...
but then what i always say is "at least it's not english!!"
Amen to that. NO MORE ENGLISH EVER!!!!!!

And i diddnt think questions 1-9 were all that bad, there was a tricky one at the end of 8 though. :S

3U is going to be a bitch. Better go and start studying.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i actually really liked that time payment question, finally something that requires some thought (excluding that year with the fish thing as time payment)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao 2 unit for me was close to a disaster!! What kind of person would set such a hard exam, almost in the format of a 3unit ><

Lol, on the contrary, I would've done much better in English rather than maths...

HSC
N/A
i didn't think it was too bad... although it was harder than the previous 2 unit exams. whether it was difficult or not doesn't really bother me, though, i just hope my efforts were good in comparison to everyone else.

mrghattas

HSC
as a 3u student i found that paper 2 be a ball breaker... lookin around in the room with all the 2u students i cld understand the pain they're were goin thru... lets hope the 3u paper will be easier...

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
hmmm it was a challenging paper, but doing 3u really helped, like with the parabolas question, and related rates... overall a good test for a 3unit class lol, hope 3 unit is easy.. good luck to all

p.s. im assuming that the people who do well on this test will get scaled royaly, coz of how bad everyone else seems to think they went lol

peace out
ralph

lucy murtha

i was looking forward to this test being the easier of my subjects, i was wrong. I thought i went really bad until i talked to everyone after it, esp. the non 3-unit people and they all told me how bad they went, now i feel better.

I thought the most of it was ok, there were just a few tricky ones, and 10b was ridiculous. Out of curiosity, how many 3 unit people think they will finish the ext paper on thursday?

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
i rekon ill get it finished, no time for checking tho... i mean the 2u paper i only got 20 mins at the end to check (thats not enough for me lol i make alot of stupid mistakes) but 3u i will be cutting it close... who thinks 3u will be easy in comparison to the expectations of 2u... i mean i think most people thought 2u would be fair easy but it was a rape... who thinks 3u will be easy? (or easy-ISH)

peace out
ralph

HSC
N/A
midnight_magick said:
that 2unit exam felt more like of a 3unit standard... im getting a sick feeling over the 3unit paper now. they're really working us this year...
but then what i always say is "at least it's not english!!" ;)

totally with you...

i am nervous about the 3unit now.
usually i'll be laughing my arse off at the amount of time i had left over to check and recheck...this time i didn't even get to finish checking the paper!

well.....i should (and i am) b ashamed as a 3unit student......i rekon i actually failed........

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i reckon that test was definitely too hard for 2u... seriously.... im a 3u student and i thought it was pretty challenging.... it wasn't that bad for me... only had problems with 10a, everything else i got...

nesso

musnt let soul be destroyed by 2unit maths paper

i'm conforted by the remarks of how difficult 3-unit students found it.-----
stupid paper
i was stumped in question 7 and 8 and sucked at time management

....hopefully my shitey marks will be scaled up along with everyone elses!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)