3U students - how did u go? (1 Viewer)

mystake

HSC
I thought i was doing well for time even after i got stuck for a while in Q8 but by the time i got to Q10 it took me ages to read the novel then it made absolutley no sense and i had to read the novel about 2 idiots and the questions again. Not only was it a ridiculous concept but it was really 'wordy' and confusing i thought we had already done the english exams!!! Anyway enough of that...who's looking forward to 3unit

rachey_poo

HSC
i know everyone is freaking out, and the more i look at it what people are saying, the more i think of the stupid mistakes i probably made...however, this glimmer of hope may help....
this is my second chance at 2unit (i was doing an accelerant program last year, and did it)...i got an aligned mark of 87...and only attempted about 2marks of q10 and less than half of q9 last year...i was ranked 8/56...so really i did very well (i thought!!! beating the majority of the year above me!) ..i know most people are looking to get band 6...but 87's not bad....this year im ranked 1st/42, and i felt much more prepared this year than last year........it all depends on what rank you were, and how the people at your school did.....dont freak, if youre 3unit and found it difficult...think of the poor 2unit students!!!!!! everyone will do great!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*cough* For alot of us if we want to do it again- it means repeating yr12! Whilst I have nothing against it- and I will repeat yr12 if I get a UAI <90.... I'd rather not.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I found I went so slowly on the paper that I thought that everything had magically leaked out of my head between the previous night's cramming and that morning, while sleeping. Fortunately, it wasn't so, but the difficulty level just kept getting higher and higher after q6.

By q10a), I was dead, and 10b), I could honestly not be stuffed to work it out when I had half an hour left for checking, and knew that checking could gain me the same number of marks as attempting 10b). Wooh hoo for checking! I gained at least four marks (10b) was worth 5).

overall, really hard--more like a 3U paper. Hopefully my rank will save me.

Last edited:

sandrakanan

hhmm ... i thought it was pretty hard but not harder than it has been in the last few years .. usually i have no problems in Q1-8 but this one started getting hard at teh end of Q7 ... apparently the general test was soooo easy and everyone had 1 hour left and it was v. basic and involved common sense not things you could have studied and everyone is thinking that the board of studies is trying to differentitate between 2unit and standard more but that means 2 unit will be scaled more so if everyone thought i was hard thats fine ,.... right?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
rachey_poo said:
i know everyone is freaking out, and the more i look at it what people are saying, the more i think of the stupid mistakes i probably made...however, this glimmer of hope may help....
this is my second chance at 2unit (i was doing an accelerant program last year, and did it)...i got an aligned mark of 87...and only attempted about 2marks of q10 and less than half of q9 last year...i was ranked 8/56...so really i did very well (i thought!!! beating the majority of the year above me!) ..i know most people are looking to get band 6...but 87's not bad....this year im ranked 1st/42, and i felt much more prepared this year than last year........it all depends on what rank you were, and how the people at your school did.....dont freak, if youre 3unit and found it difficult...think of the poor 2unit students!!!!!! everyone will do great!
hey cool, i did it last year as well and got a final mark of 88!

chin music

HSC
N/A
Looking back at it question 1-7 is what really made the test hard. Very few questions were straight forward and they were all time consuming. Once anyone gets the feeling theyre running out of time it can mentally screw with u. U gotta rush and wen u see a big question its much harder to calm down and concentrate. I assure u that if it was an easier paper and everyone had a lot of time for the last question it wouldnt be as hard. However i still reckon it was the hardest paper ever and q 10 was the hardest q 10 ever. Time just made it that much harder. Overall im not happy with how i did and neither were the other 3 unit ppl. Just wondering wat 3 unit will be like. BOS have been dickheads with every paper almost. English paper 2 they threw in 3 texts for critical study, 2 related texts in the other bit. Apparantley they did some shit 7 marker in legal studies that many ppl are complaining about that was in the paper. Maths which is normally easy was hell hard. I have a feeling the class of 2005 is BOS's hit year. Im dreading 3 unit maths.

suhini

HSC
that last post really makes me feel like one of those guinea pigs that are all jittery and jumpy and reckon they're gonna b eaten by some giant behemoth of a bird or something!

i dont wanna be BOS' hit year *cries* why couldnt xuan and yvette (or watevr her name was) just meet up at eachother's houses and hav a screw...i mean really...that is prolli wat they were aiming for in the end wasnt it???

starz_air

HSC
i know this is kinda off topic to the 2u maths exam that we're all talking about...but after doing that 2u paper im really worried about 3u paper...does anyone know the previous band cut offs for the 3u exams? like, wat raw marks were band 6 and stuff? ive fully screwed 2u...i'll probably screw 3u as well..

laserbrainz

HSC
yes, no, maybe

Hello.

2U was kinda nasty (in places). Had to laugh (internal) at Q1 ii) - a friend & i were re-teaching that to others just before the exam, so that was sweet, but still, that sorta question that early is a little harsh. I'm happy now others found it hard - I found some really good - LOVE SUPER :) - there were 2 questions as well. That was nice. However, had to skip big parts in 6-10 (6 completely :( which was irritating), but otherwise, had a reasonable attempt on almost everything else. Time was the problem, not knowledge, so that was good.

3u - ??

enough said.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
kyu_chan said:
screwed.

i hate maths

can't believe i do 3 units of it >_<

i dont know whether to cheer or weep: i've never finished a 3u exam in time, and if 2u was this way, what about 3u...
on the other hand, i have 11 units, so i could forget about 3u studying and study for my biology exam...
of course, i did kinda crap in legal studies, and i was only relying on 1 unit of LS being counted, but i'm sure that my LS mark is WAAAAAAAAAAY better than my 3u mark, even though i havent done it yet.

OK, i guess i'll have to weep...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's better to never finish a 3u exam in time than to finish so early because you can't do the Q's >_>

laserbrainz

HSC
veterandoggy said:
on the other hand, i have 11 units, so i could forget about 3u studying and study for my biology exam...
13 units my friend. Maths can be completely discounted (even 3u). That's reassuring (as long as I can do alright in the others).

D43V1L0N3

HSC
hrmmm
it was a harder paper than in previous years.. nothing there too challenging though!
a couple of forgotten formulae and running out of time at the end was all that got me.... 113 if i didnt stuff up anything else.. which always happens lol.
as for q 10... both parts easily doable... the 2nd part was easier than the first part and the first part only needed a good 10 mins to do... pitty i only had 5 lol..got out 2 of them in that time.

and the other thing i can say is stupid difference of 2 cubes!!! completly blanked on that one.. ah well. stay tuned for 3U.... which i dont plan to study for as my ranking is abysmal lol

emanuel

Yeh didn't do as well as I wanted to...

Its a good thing though that we all kind of did fairly badly - provides a safety net:)

Anyway all my calculations point to early 80s - so about 100/120

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)