• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4 unit english 4 unit maths? (1 Viewer)

DO U DO 4 u english and 4 u maths?

• 4 u english + 4 u maths

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • 4 u english + 3 u maths

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • 4 u english + 2 u maths

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • 4 u english + 2 u general maths

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • 4 u english + NO MATHS

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters
HSC
i'm a 4/4 unit person too, cept im only really doing 4 english so that i dont have to count my 2 u english.

What i really wanna know is if anyone out there is doing 4u maths, 4u english, Music 2 and Music Extension. Now that would be tank...........

ishq

brown?
HSC
An '04er from this forum did MX2, EX2. and Ext History with both modern and ancient history.
Wow....
Hehe..lol..well said....i dont really want my advanced mark to count either! :D

J

jhakka

How can you cope with more than 2 units of history? I hated Ancient. :p

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
well the history im doing aint ancient <--- modern is my type of history, and the extension is just the challenging, interesting uni/arts as an auxiliary to your regular 2u hist course.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
veridis said:
would i rather come across as a pretentious wanker or actualy have amiable relations with people
lol
well said

and to the above: hist ext > mod hist = uber gut for coursework!

veridis

droog
HSC
yeah hist ext is far better than mod, which is in turn far better than ancient.
coursework wise ext just edges out mod which just edges out ancient but ext gives you so much more freedom with the major that makes it far superiour
the way ancient is taught makes it shithouse. good content bad application

@david - what are you doing here? shouldnt you be over in maths? or just visiting to get some pointers for viva voce on tues?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I drop in here once in a while, but like the 4u maths forums, they've degraded... no viva voce help here...

Incidentally, for some damn reason this thread I was subscribed to this thread :p

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
As if you wouldn't do 4 unit maths and english. I personally can't stand doing english, but if the states going to make me then i may as well do all 4 units of it, don't really like maths either but i find it easy. Infact i don't think i like anything i do at school!! Sigh.

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
Maximum Units

Does anyone know the maximum units?
becuase i know all the other subjects i am going to do. BUt i am just not sure whether to choose 3 u or 2u for yr 11. if i do 3u in yr 11, then i will do 4u for yr 12. but it really depends on how many units you can have. so i can try all of them, and then drop the ones that i don't enjoy.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
HNCS said:
Does anyone know the maximum units?
becuase i know all the other subjects i am going to do. BUt i am just not sure whether to choose 3 u or 2u for yr 11. if i do 3u in yr 11, then i will do 4u for yr 12. but it really depends on how many units you can have. so i can try all of them, and then drop the ones that i don't enjoy.
You are technically allowed to have an unlimited number of units in your HSC. The question is how much you can handle though, for alot of people that threshold is 12 units but there are some people who have taken 17 units and survived, so it all depends on you. For example say I wanted to follow all of my interests in the HSC, I could legally take, 4u english, 4u math, 3u French, 5u History, Drama, and 6u of Science but I would never ever would have been able to cope with that load or even attend all of the classes, so I had to cull it down to something manageable-you must do the same.

J

jhakka

Most schools have minimums for required units. Obviously if you want a HSC and UAI, you'll need to do 10. My school had a 12 unit requirement.

brassedoff

HSC
have come up with 3 ideas, all deemed "brilliant" by teachers. If only an idea was all that was needed...
anyone want to swap an idea for progress?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Saul said:
its good tho, cause 2 unit english is horrible.
ohh God ur so right about that. I used to do 4u eng and 4u maths but then I'm not that dedicated. So I do 4u eng n 3u maths now, it wasn't so bad just quite time consuming and stressful. Advanced eng is so horribly, I really love ext 2 eng and ext 1 is at least better than advanced if not excellent.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
amoz_lilo said:
still havent started either major work =/
I've almost finished history extension major work but ...yea haven't started writing for 4U english yet =(

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
lol u done your history extn already,
thats insane

i remember writing mine in the mid year holidays to get it rdy for 1st day back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)