4u Class of 2006 (1 Viewer)

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
starting vectors!

ppl who are doin phys understood the whole concept who no problems at all lol!

and then u have ppl who arent doin phys, struggling to understand...

Raginsheep

HSC
They shouldn't really. Physics only covers vectors in very basic contexts.

Mumma

HSC
We've just start the whole mod-arg form thing. Ive got this book with all these past paper questions in it split into topics, so what I do, I look for relevant questions in it and do them. Its pretty comforting knowing that after two lessons of 4-unit I can already do a fraction of the 1995 4U paper :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Physics students should have no advantage, considering the concept is relatively easy and that your teacher should be teaching it assuming no prior knowledge.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I love it when courses sometimes overlap. There's projectile motion in Physics and Extension 1 and there's vectors in Physics and Extension 2.
I don't think the vectors of complex numbers would disadvantage people not doing physics. The way vectors are treated in Extension 2 is different to those treated in Physics.
The vectors learnt in Physics are diagrams of applications of vector quantities such as force, velocity, displacement etc. The problems involved in Physics concerning vectors would revolve around these aspects motion. There is usually no use of complex numbers.
The vectors in Extension 2 on the other hand are diagrams of the complex number expressed with its modulus and argument. The problems involved in Extension 2 concerning vectors would be geometrical applications on the number plane and operations of complex numbers. There is usually no use of motion concepts.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Trebla said:
I love it when courses sometimes overlap. There's projectile motion in Physics and Extension 1 and there's vectors in Physics and Extension 2.
I don't think the vectors of complex numbers would disadvantage people not doing physics. The way vectors are treated in Extension 2 is different to those treated in Physics.
The vectors learnt in Physics are diagrams of applications of vector quantities such as force, velocity, displacement etc. The problems involved in Physics concerning vectors would revolve around these aspects motion. There is usually no use of complex numbers.
The vectors in Extension 2 on the other hand are diagrams of the complex number expressed with its modulus and argument. The problems involved in Extension 2 concerning vectors would be geometrical applications on the number plane and operations of complex numbers. There is usually no use of motion concepts.
I love it too.
The motion in mx1 is more mathematical (calculus) than that of physics
complex numbers are just algebra and hard algebra.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hehe, complex numbers is easier than what the name of the topic suggests. n_n

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Hello there! We're doing Complex Numbers too, with Cambridge, and we're up to 2.3...we have our first assessment on the 28th of November, I think. Complex Numbers is the one topic I didn't do tutoring for but I think I'll be okay. I wasn't really paying attention for the last term or so of 4U tutoring because I was so completely lost

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
we r currently doing complex numbers too
the books we r using r fitzpatrick, cambridge, patel T_T""
so we r doin the whole lot basically
=D

reckon 4u is easier than 3u

P

pLuvia

mitsui said:
we r currently doing complex numbers too
the books we r using r fitzpatrick, cambridge, patel T_T""
so we r doin the whole lot basically
=D

reckon 4u is easier than 3u
nar hahaha, 3u is much easier right now

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hmm, actually I personally found harder 3u to be pretty good. Sure, it is hard at first. However, if you do as many practice questions on it as you can find, I imagine you'll find it quite easy. The concepts can be hard to grasp, but there's a finite amount of them. It is possible to learn them all such that when you sit the 2006 HSC, the question won't be new to you. =)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
yea? i heard harder 3u is sh*tly hard.. @@..

but so far i am havin problems wif 3u,, most 4u stuffz i am breezin thru..good so far i guess

P

pLuvia

mitsui said:
yea? i heard harder 3u is sh*tly hard.. @@..

but so far i am havin problems wif 3u,, most 4u stuffz i am breezin thru..good so far i guess
lol, I'm finding 3u much easier than 4u :)

same I heard harder 3u is really hard :(

Raginsheep

HSC
Sry, I wouldn't want to suggest that harder 3u is impossible.

As for what Slide said, I personally found the harder 3u basics fairly easy to grasp. In my opinion, easier harder 3u questions are very easy but the difficulity of the topic scales greatly as opposed to the topics.

YuMchA

HSC
woah everyone seems to have already started doin heaps of crap for ext 2 lol good thing my tut is fast we've covered most of the 4u topic yay... mechanics is a bitch =P
also at skool just done two lessons on complex ^^ so slow

P

pLuvia

My tutor is still on complex numbers, the applications of De Moivre's theorem, very slow :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)