Abbott thinks reading the Bible should be compulsory in schools (2 Viewers)

philphie

Banned
HSC
^That.

This right exists with or without this Abbott thing. Hence, this forcible reading of the bible is a complete waste of time imo. It should be left entirely up to an individual whether or not they wish to pursue a certain religion or faith.

Now.. in the unlikely chance that this rule gets implemented, what would happen to those students who objects this rule? How would that be controlled or regulated?
the same way coppers try to stop kids from jigging school

philphie

Banned
HSC
Care to explain? I'm familiar with the police's methods of preventing truancy. I thought that was the school's responsibility?
depending on where you live, if the cops see you out on the streets in your uniform they'll question you, so i'd assume if you refused to attend these religious classes yo would get sent to the principal first, if you were unwavering in your position then they would send you to the coppers for questioning, but that's in EXTREME situations

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
depending on where you live, if the cops see you out on the streets in your uniform they'll question you, so i'd assume if you refused to attend these religious classes yo would get sent to the principal first, if you were unwavering in your position then they would send you to the coppers for questioning, but that's in EXTREME situations
Well what are teachers gong to do if you refuse to learn the religion? What if your parents does not wish you to learn? Forcing one to learn another's religion is no less than an infringment upon one's human right imo.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Well what are teachers gong to do if you refuse to learn the religion? What if your parents does not wish you to learn? Forcing one to learn another's religion is no less than an infringment upon one's human right imo.
i'm just making a guess, it probably won't be like that, schools still maintain a certain level of autonomy so the school will deal with you however leniant or harsh they want. if worse comes to worse, i'd assume you'd be expelled if you refused to comply, again extreme circumstances

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, but forcing it on students is wrong. religion is not something that should be pushed on someone even if it is merely intended to inform them of the beliefs of some people.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Yeh, but forcing it on students is wrong. religion is not something that should be pushed on someone even if it is merely intended to inform them of the beliefs of some people.

like i said, no matter whatever federal law says, schools still maintain their autonomy and they can either be dickheads about it or chill, it's not 1984 big brother or something where the government will be on you within the second

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
i'm just making a guess, it probably won't be like that, schools still maintain a certain level of autonomy so the school will deal with you however leniant or harsh they want. if worse comes to worse, i'd assume you'd be expelled if you refused to comply, again extreme circumstances
Religion should ALWAYS be an individual's choice. period

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
How is reading the bible forcing religion on someone?

like are you really all that feeble minded that you can't read a passage of ezekial without going to hillsong the next day?

HSC
Uni Grad
At school where they cant opt out, how isnt that forcing it on them.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

like are you really all that feeble minded that you can't read a passage of ezekial without going to hillsong the next day?
Read the title of the thread.

...reading the bible should be COMPULSORY

If that does not mean forcible reading of the bible, then I apologise. Could you possibly explain?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

Hmm, we're FORCING students to read the religious text of a particular religion.
yeah I don't see what they're talking about either

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Read the title of the thread.

...reading the bible should be COMPULSORY

If that does not mean forcible reading of the bible, then I apologise. Could you possibly explain?
LARGE TEXT

ok so explain how reading the bible is forcing religion on someone?

are you saying you can't read a single verse of second kings without donating all your money to televangelists?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Guys, Mr. Shakespear is an atheist and I do believe he is trolling, judging by his use of straw men.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
LARGE TEXT

ok so explain how reading the bible is forcing religion on someone?

are you saying you can't read a single verse of second kings without donating all your money to televangelists?

Because you're simply *forcing* them to read it.

^Am I not saying this right?

If other religions and faiths (islam, athiesm etc) were included and were taught equally to a student, then students will be able to make an informed decision about which faith they would like to pursue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)