• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion debate (1 Viewer)

Abortion debate

• Abortion illegalised

Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Tougher laws

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Keep current laws

Votes: 155 60.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Minka*

HSC
bshoc said:
All feminists are murderers or those who support it, there is a very small minority who oppose it, but its nothing notable.
Do you have a uterus?

If not, I suggest worrying about yourself and not what other women choose to do with their lives, especially as it doesn't affect anyone except themselves.

I'd really love to see how many men would change their stance on this issue if they were the ones who could fall pregnant accidently. I think the numbers would be very high.

robbie1

HSC
*Minka* said:
Do you have a uterus?

If not, I suggest worrying about yourself and not what other women choose to do with their lives, especially as it doesn't affect anyone except themselves.

I'd really love to see how many men would change their stance on this issue if they were the ones who could fall pregnant accidently. I think the numbers would be very high.
Dosen't affect anyone except themselves? How about the poor baby who is murdered? Their life is taken away because mummy likes to spread her legs but dosen't want to deal with the consequences.

As I said before, your bodies belong to God. Can you guarantee that you will wake up 2morow alive and healthy? No, so how can you say it is your body when clearly it is not?

How about if you dont want a baby, you keep your legs closed. Or is abstinence a foreign word to females these days?

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
Dosen't affect anyone except themselves? How about the poor baby who is murdered? Their life is taken away because mummy likes to spread her legs but dosen't want to deal with the consequences.

As I said before, your bodies belong to God. Can you guarantee that you will wake up 2morow alive and healthy? No, so how can you say it is your body when clearly it is not?

How about if you dont want a baby, you keep your legs closed. Or is abstinence a foreign word to females these days?
what about those who have other beliefs not your own. and don't get started saying one true religion or stuff like that, i don't want a religious debate. been in too many of them on BoS.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
Do you have a uterus?

Actually I couldn't care what women do with their lives, most of them are wasted on socialite activities and shallow persuits so what do I care, what women do to other lives due to their own stupidity however, is not a womens rights issue, especially since only half of the genetic material of a baby is actually the woman's.

Who cares? Why do women especially expect others to constantly bail them out at life when they fail or make a big mistake? "Accidently" .. you act like it something that happens without any actions on the part of the woman, ever heard of a concept called personal responsibility?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Dougie said:
what about those who have other beliefs not your own. and don't get started saying one true religion or stuff like that, i don't want a religious debate. been in too many of them on BoS.
This is not a religion issue, this is a clear cut issue on whether our society allows for the excpetion of murder of unborn children as a punishible, criminal offence.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
bshoc said:
Why do women especially expect others to constantly bail them out at life when they fail or make a big mistake?
so u don't want it to be about women, yet you make a blunt stab at them.

bshoc said:
This is not a religion issue, this is a clear cut issue on whether our society allows for the excpetion of murder of unborn children as a punishible, criminal offence.
and like the guys i replied to, if peopl think it's about religion, then to them it is.

what makes your one view right.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
It's called sexual freedom, women rights movements were campaigning to try and gain a level where they can fuck without feeling guilty.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
honestly i don't know enough about actual abortion? can it only happen within the 1st few months or any time? I also don't know whether i call a foetus "human". I was presented with this scenarior recently...

"a married couple make a decision for a baby, but the night they decide to start trying, the husband gets involved in a bad crime and is arrested and sent to gaol for years. Is that stopping a baby being born, therefore killing life?"

i thought not, but i'm interested to see ppl's opinions...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
Do you believe abortions should be offered to rape victims?

takehomecopy

HSC
N/A
robbie1 said:

Lets time machine you back to the 1900s. It takes 2 to tango mate. How about the guy keep his pants on?

robbie1

HSC
withoutaface said:
Do you believe abortions should be offered to rape victims?
No.

If rape led to pregnancy, the child should be baptised and given to someone who is willing to care for it. There are always people who want to adopt.

Thats assuming the mother is unable to care for it. If she wants to keep it then good on her and God will help her raise it.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
No.

If rape led to pregnancy, the child should be baptised and given to someone who is willing to care for it. There are always people who want to adopt.

Thats assuming the mother is unable to care for it. If she wants to keep it then good on her and God will help her raise it.
what if the girl doesn't want to have a child! she shouldn't be forced to!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bschoc said:
All feminists are murderers or those who support it, there is a very small minority who oppose it, but its nothing notable.
Feminists are not all "murderers". the idea of having a choice over one's body is one feminist value that not all feminists hold. Also, traditionally, a feminist is someone who believes in equal rights to both sexes, and despite the fact that feminism has evolved to different waves, the term is not meant to be entirely negative, especially tied with "murderer".

robbie1 said:
Not all contraceptives work. Even if you have your tubes tied, there is a chance. Most women who have abortions are not teenagers but middle aged women who already have children.

It's nit picking but I felt it very necessary.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
No.

Then your argument about women not opening their legs just became invalid, because you don't support abortion irrespective of how the child was conceived.

EDIT: Does anyone else find it ironic that robbie1's preaching the virtues of Christianity over and over when he idolises a drug dealer?

Last edited:

robbie1

HSC
takehomecopy said:
Oh hand yes it takes two to make a baby. Perhaps you can make it clear that you are not an amazingly large bigot by recongising that that men should keep their pants on as well as women if they don't want children.
Yes men should keep their pants on if they dont want a baby. But generally its women who support abortion - claiming its their bodies when it really isnt.

takehomecopy

HSC
N/A
robbie1 said:
Yes men should keep their pants on if they dont want a baby. But generally its women who support abortion - claiming its their bodies when it really isnt.
I think you will find more men like the idea of there being abortions!!!! Why? So they don't have to pay child support or have a child to be responsible for the rest of their life if the girl they had sex with is some wackly slut who happens to sleep around but also be super christian and moral.

I also believe women do own their bodies. Unless of course you are going to say something stupid like god owning everything. In which case you are just slow and moronic (look a synomyn!) sad case who really should just fuck off.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I think abortion laws should continually support mothers who wish to undergo 1-3rd term abortions.

However, I don't necessarily like the idea of a woman (Yes, It's the women who suffers these consequences and logically have more of a responsibility), who chooses to have an abortion because the pregnancy was 'a mistake'.

Rape victims and babies who are deformed should be aborted so the mother doesn't have to suffer the burdon of a child they may never fully accept. (However, I think both are fine if the mother accepts them...)

robbie1

HSC
secret said:

You brought almighty and his "supposed" commandments (which no body abides by) into the situation again, ffs.

I read this whole thread and it's full of immature punks that don't have the slightest fucking idea how to argue anything, including the moderators -fucking garbage.

Listen, it's difficult to determine whether or not it's murder. But, GOD has nothing to do with this thread and if he did -I am sure he would notify you in your prays.

If you had no bible -you would have zero to argue.

END OF DISCUSSION.
"Supposed" commandments that nobody abides by ?

*shakes head and walks away*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)