About 4 Unit Maths....... (1 Viewer)

FinalFantasy

HSC
hi, i am currently a 3unit maths student, but not in the accelerated class(class that does hsc at year 11).
I really wanted to do 4unit maths, my marks for 3unit are not bad, but my school doesn't want to let me or anyone in the normal 3unit maths class to do 4unit maths in year 12....
is that legitimate?
or is my school just being gay.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The school is allowed to do that, mine does, but we also let the top 2 from ext 1 come up to do 4u though.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You could probably take it to another level by involving your parents. It sucks that your school has that attitude.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
why the hell is that? My school will let me - I'm doing 2 and 3 unit yr 12 maths and I'm in yr 11, I will, I will do 4 unit next term, and nothing in the world is gonna stop me (I'd like to see them try)...do it at another school or by distance ed or something

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I will do 4 unit next term, and nothing in the world is gonna stop me (I'd like to see them try)...do it at another school or by distance ed or something
Those are my sentiments, too.

kpq_sniper017

it is probably easier to do ext 2 work having already done ext 1 in year 11. although i wouldn't know since i haven't started ext 2 yet.

if u believe u are capable of doing well in ext 2, then see the maths co-ordinator and ask him/her for their opinion. note the word "capable"....unless u can prove that u are capable of doing it, then your efforts will be futile. so your best bet is to do well in yr 11 and show the teachers your ability.

afta???

HSC
use ur parents
ur school cannot ever refuse your parent's requests
presssure the principal, write letters and give lengthy phone calls

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i was almost goin to do 2unit.. cos i was fu*kin around..
do the work..
and i was given a chance.. i just worked my fat ass off.. and got a nice mark :D

afta???

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
do the work..
and i was given a chance.. i just worked my fat ass off.. and got a nice mark :D
i should work hard too

btw anyone know good ways to cure carelessness

Tuna

HSC
N/A
FinalFantasy said:
hi, i am currently a 3unit maths student, but not in the accelerated class(class that does hsc at year 11).
I really wanted to do 4unit maths, my marks for 3unit are not bad, but my school doesn't want to let me or anyone in the normal 3unit maths class to do 4unit maths in year 12....
is that legitimate?
or is my school just being gay.
We are not imbeciles on this site we know what an accelerated class is. Your school does not let you do 4U because....Have you talked to them or was it gossip you heard? If you really want to do 4U to get scaled go to other schools. Homebush Boys is a good choice, they accept anyone. Though I'm not from there

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
do the work..
ah wha? so u didn't drop down to 2U but go to 4U??

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
(^o^) said:
ah wha? so u didn't drop down to 2U but go to 4U??
yep i was in 3U... it was yr 11 term 3 id failed the last 2 exams.. and the next one was to decide who did 4 unit.. i failed 2U component but did ok in the 3U part.. so i was given oone term to 'try out'.. i averaged the cohort and then i got very good marks after

@afta.. try better time management.. and get the marks for the easy ones... why lose the marks on the easy questions u deserve and still hav not enough time for the harder one?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
burn the school down. It's your only choice.

kpq_sniper017

afta??? said:
use ur parents
ur school cannot ever refuse your parent's requests
presssure the principal, write letters and give lengthy phone calls
i dunno if letters and parental pressure are all too successful. coz schools have the right to restrict access for students into certain courses (as far as i know...correct me if i'm wrong). e.g. to do physics/chemistry at my school u must've done adv. maths in yr10. to do eco: adv. english.
i'm not sure if all school have such restrictions, but i guess they are basically there to maintain the academic record of the school.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
if yu think u are capable to do it try and get, wot have been yur marks and ranks in yr 11 so far in 2 and 3u. if the they think you are not capable that is fair enough, if they say no cos yu didn do accell maths tell em 2 get f**ked

afta???

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
i dunno if letters and parental pressure are all too successful. coz schools have the right to restrict access for students into certain courses (as far as i know...correct me if i'm wrong). e.g. to do physics/chemistry at my school u must've done adv. maths in yr10. to do eco: adv. english.
i'm not sure if all school have such restrictions, but i guess they are basically there to maintain the academic record of the school.
ummm.......our entire grade has to do adv maths in yr10 so mayb we dont hav as much restrictions

afta???

HSC
wrx said:
its obvious though. If your marks at 3u are bad, then you shouldn't pick 4u.
he may b bad at the school but who knows if compared to the state whether the guy is good enough or not

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Unless you are willing to put in a lot more effort next year. You can't change a mark, but you can change what you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)