HSC
N/A
im a bacc

im neutral

ill check whose in and whose not in?

NickLG

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
By this, do you mean you were rejected??
No by that I mean they invited me for an interview on the 4th of July, but I rejected them.

Nick

ShadowSwifter

HSC
i really dont see the point of falsifying an offer when you dont have one, its so pointless, who you trying to impress?

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
ShadowSwifter said:
i really dont see the point of falsifying an offer when you dont have one, its so pointless, who you trying to impress?
neither.

He either has actually got a BAcc, or is just lying to save some dignity.

i am slightly swayed that he got bacc. i dunno, jsut a hunch

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
lol yeh,

however i am finding his posts quite entertaining.

sc1991

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
Seriously, how do you know if he has one or not?
You're just jumping to conclusions, based on his personality.

thismodernlove

HSC
If you apply for a cadetship in Melbourne .. don't you have to go to the interview in MELBOURNE? *confused*

ShadowSwifter

HSC
sc1991 said:
Seriously, how do you know if he has one or not?
You're just jumping to conclusions, based on his personality.
well i guess so. if he really did get it, then congrats.

sc1991

HSC
Would anybody be able to help me....i've narrowed down my cadetship options to EY and PwC in Melbourne.
I've found that I enjoy the CCulture at both, and as such have eliminated the other firms.

The diference is really the variations in the program. One starts in Feb and one in June.

I'm wondering if anyone can provide any insight into the pro's and cons of both.

Cheers

cerene

procrastinator
HSC
lol. pardon me, but i dont think theres any need for you guys to congratulate "jordan" on getting the bacc. its obvious that he is an idiot who has nothing else better to do. and its highly unlikely that UTS and BACC would accept such a retard :)

congrats to everyone!
is anyone going to the EY luncheon on tuesday? i wonder if the food is good..
the food at the recruitment day was TERRIBLE. and at the information evening it was worse

NickLG

HSC
cerene said:
lol. pardon me, but i dont think theres any need for you guys to congratulate "jordan" on getting the bacc. its obvious that he is an idiot who has nothing else better to do. and its highly unlikely that UTS and BACC would accept such a retard :)
Haha it's funny cause it's true.

Nick

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
3li said:
im a bacc

im neutral

ill check whose in and whose not in?
good work. i notice he's gone quiet. to prevent any assumptions on name, jordan, why don't u pm our dear friend 3li ur real name and he can verify?

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Guol said:
Does PwC have the whole salary sacrificing option for random stuff like EY?
You mean like laptops, cars, PDAs, etc..? Yes. But on a trainee salary, it's probably not realy that much more tax effective. At best, you might as well just buy it normally but using corporate discounts/rates.

Vagabond said:
Trainee grant is a seperate contract that's signed after your two years - conditional that you return as a graduate
^ Not every firm does it like that though. Some include it in the original. Depends on firm really.

fantasybluebear

HSC
sc1991 said:
Would anybody be able to help me....i've narrowed down my cadetship options to EY and PwC in Melbourne.
I've found that I enjoy the CCulture at both, and as such have eliminated the other firms.
Hey sc1991! First of all, congrats ahaha.

I'm finding myself in the same situation as well, but I'm a Sydney-er =)

I'll tell you what I think and we'll swap, yeah:
- I found PwC nicer than EY on recruitment day. Just, EY seems abit more stiff? I dno, I like the atmosphere more.
- EY offers the double degree and being asian, my mum'll chuck it if I study a single - God forbid - degree lol. Can anyone clarify whether the double is ONLY for tax and legal?
- I heard EY was harder to get into (I wldnt know, sorry, i only applied for these two) but I feel PwC offers more support in terms of where you want to go later on.

I have a mate who's finishing up her cadetship at PwC and she's really loving it so myb that helps all you ppl out there having doubts?

Haha cerene, I found the food crappy as well. How nice is EY's fire escape? sorry for the random but i couldn't help but notice during the office tour.
that said, pwc's office tour was funnyas. 2 mins around the actual building and 30mins in the garden rofl.
Which day were you? =)
Monday - EY
Tuesday - PwC
btw, i'm not coming on tuesday for ey. or wednesday for pwc. studying for trials.

jordankuai22

HSC
cerene said:
As highly unlikely as your small mind might think it is... it is.

NickLeG said:
Haha it's funny cause it's true.

Nick
Hahaha, its funny cause you're jealous.

seremify007 said:
good work. i notice he's gone quiet. to prevent any assumptions on name, jordan, why don't u pm our dear friend 3li ur real name and he can verify?
You don't think Jordan Kuai is my real name??
Furthermore, if you believe this.. why would i jeopardize my 'anonymous' position to someone who i don't know?

Obvious lack of oxygen at birth.

oh, and ofcourse... i have 'gone quiet' because i havnt posted on this thread for... 5 hours??? haha, failfag.

venom69r

HSC
LOLLL mann, this is almost Home&Away quality material on here.

But, I will digress from all the trolling and pointless banter that has been occuring here for the past few pages.

Ummn for any current cadets/students - I've got an offer from BAcc + PwC. But I'm rather confused with which I should go. Each has their own pros and cons and I've factored in my personal sitation.

However I was meaning to ask what would others do in my situation and how they reached that decision?

Also, which of the two programs could lead to a non-accounting career. I personally dont intend to stick to accounting my whole life (and nor do many others). But which of the two programs could lead to more options further down the track (whether it be finance or whatever) ?

Appreciate any suggestions/insight/thoughts.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
imho:

go with BAcc.

srsly, 40k of uni fees for doing NOTHING.
also, BAcc leads to other things in finance,
PwC leads towards accounting....

however, if i had the choice... i would go PwC.
the experience is invaluable and you will work with great people there.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
BAcc wouldn't lead to finance more than a cadetship in say auditing financial companies, imo

$40,500 includes sign-on bonus of 7k. If you're going to talk money a cadetship would get you about 65k salary + say 15k study allowance = 80k... Though it does take an extra year :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)