"Adoption should be legalised for homosexual couples" (1 Viewer)

Craven

HSC
Why shouldn't homosexual couples be allowed to adopt? It would help to somewhat relieve the public welfare systems, surely.

ghostlygums

HSC
i'm all for equal rights for minorities, homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children freely...

Craven

HSC
Just like heterosexuality begets heterosexuality....?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Why shouldn't homosexual couples be allowed to adopt? It would help to somewhat relieve the public welfare systems, surely.
No dice.

It's actually extremely hard to adopt Australian children, in Australia.

It's expensive and really, there just aren't that many orphans in Australia. It's not like Thailand where you can just go to an orphanage, pay some money and pick one off a shelf.

Most people who adopt/foster are eligible for welfare from the government anyway, so do you really think it'll aleviate welfare pressure?

Craven

HSC
Most people who adopt/foster are eligible for welfare from the government anyway, so do you really think it'll aleviate welfare pressure?
'
Okay, but that doesn't give cause to exclude homosexuals from adoption.

coopert

HSC
I can't believe that it is not legal already!! This isn't the 1950's for crying out loud!!

(Not that it is any of your business, lol) But I am a straight heterosexual male, and I would not give a fuck if I had two dad's!!

Put it this way, who wouldn't rather have two loving gay parents who loved and supported not only themselves but also their children; than two straight drug fucked junkie parents who take their kids for granted?

There are so many gay couples out there who would treat their children with so much love but are legally not allowed to adopt; however there are thousands of deadbeat straight parents out there who refuse to pay child support etc. It really seems insane to me.

And I can't stand whenever I hear morons argue that gay parents = gay children. My parents are straight, and the thought of them having sex is pretty much the single most disgusting thing I could ever imagine. Regardless of gay or straight, I think that nobody ever wants to witness their parents having sex, or even think of their parents having any sexuality at all. As far as I am concerned, my parents are A-Sexual, and I just fell out of the sky or something haha

I don't see how having two dad's would ever make me gay, or vise versa. I think that the legal system needs to move up with the times, and reflect what is actually happening in society in 2009.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
I have argued about this topic with many people in the past, especially my sister. And I will always stand by the fact that I believe homosexual adoption and marriage should be legalised, they are as much human beings as heterosexuals.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
In view of the *insert argument here* format on which we have converged I wish to call this debate a win for homosexuals.

Bravo.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Meh, obviously no. Homosexuality is a curse to be resisted stoically, not indulged and employed to confuse the innocent young. This is all apart of the tragic breakup of the family and the further alienation of the individual. Contours of a tragic age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)