Advanced English right now is the biggest load of shit. (1 Viewer)

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
The module of belonging itself does not sound that bad. I don't know what other schools are doing but relating it Australian identity has got to be the most mind numbing pseudo intellectual exercise ever. I don't know how but they managed to sneak in year ten Australian history into English and pretend that it has some extra value. It is always the same crap about the hard working farmer from a hundred years ago and how does this relate to now. Can we seriously stop emphasizing our lack of history and culture. Or at least stop making it out to be far more pleasant and/or important worldwide than it really is. I'm sorry if I'm coming off seriously unaustralian but I really despise having to write about Australian Identity, Multicultralism, Indigenous Australians etc. every bloody year.

jnney

lemon
HSC
If you want to do well, suck it up.

such_such

HSC
I think it's just your school, or your teacher. Other schools do journey, change, leadership, identity, etc.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Dw brah belonging is like 1000x better than aus identity

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
This, I'm liking EE1 so much more than advanced.
I thought I was weird for liking extension better. In Advanced, I'm expected to relate unrelated texts to Australian themes which is just plain bullshitting. I'm only average at English but learning about how people write stories and the techniques they use is far more interesting.

Gangstar1

HSC
hahaha english is full of shit you just gotta fake it till you make it

Lina3

HSC
Extension English is soo much more interesting! We're doing Gothic Literature :D mostly pre-20th century. Advanced is just...meh...

HSC
Uni Grad
Just deal with it now. It's not that bad given that so many people hate it at the same time. If you just deal with it, chances are that you'll be able to raise your marks up for the subject (if you marks aren't that great for it)

gorillaz

HSC
N/A
Just deal with it now. It's not that bad given that so many people hate it at the same time. If you just deal with it, chances are that you'll be able to raise your marks up for the subject (if you marks aren't that great for it)
wish i didn't keep making an excuse to hate the subject. ended up getting 78 for english adv. fml :/

HSC
I love extension English
But at the moment I agree with saying that advanced is the biggest drag, we are on the topic of power and the individual and in a way it seems as though the teacher doesn't know what she is doing and we all kind of sit there like ahhh what are you on about.
Extension English <3

HSC
Uni Grad
I love extension English
But at the moment I agree with saying that advanced is the biggest drag, we are on the topic of power and the individual and in a way it seems as though the teacher doesn't know what she is doing and we all kind of sit there like ahhh what are you on about.
Extension English <3
Is this powerplay? I do wish I had the opportunity to do extension english, given that I can do 14 units in prelim. Oh well, HSC is over for me.

qwerty44

HSC
OP: I though you were the king of stuff...obviously not.

HSC
Is this powerplay? I do wish I had the opportunity to do extension english, given that I can do 14 units in prelim. Oh well, HSC is over for me.
Sorry I don't really understand what you mean by power play. But if you are referring to the topic it is literally going through texts and finding where an individual has power and constructing answers that prove this and what impact it has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)