An AI that helps you solve HSC Maths problems (1 Viewer)

wualisa

HSC
Hi, I created an AI that’s trained on the HSC Maths syllabus. He (”Algebro”) can help you figure out problems easily by uploading a photo of it.
Currently, he can help with Maths advanced, ext 1, and ext 2.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 10.32.18 am.png

If you’d like, you can try it out here: algebro.me

A bit about me:
My name is Alisa - a 2020 grad from Hornsby Girls’ High School. For HSC I received 98/100 in Maths extension 1, 95/100 in extension 2, and tutored others in these subjects after graduation. I’m currently studying Physics & Computer Science at USyd, and was inspired to create an AI that helps HSC students the way I did.

Under the hood, Algebro uses GPT-4 + Vision as a base, and is heavily trained with topics and formulas from our syllabus. This makes his accuracy much higher than the base model. However, please note that he can still make mistakes, and is more designed to be a helpful study tool, than a know-all teacher!

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hi, I created an AI that’s trained on the HSC Maths syllabus. He (”Algebro”) can help you figure out problems easily by uploading a photo of it.
Currently, he can help with Maths advanced, ext 1, and ext 2.

View attachment 41628

If you’d like, you can try it out here: algebro.me

A bit about me:
My name is Alisa - a 2020 grad from Hornsby Girls’ High School. For HSC I received 98/100 in Maths extension 1, 95/100 in extension 2, and tutored others in these subjects after graduation. I’m currently studying Physics & Computer Science at USyd, and was inspired to create an AI that helps HSC students the way I did.

Under the hood, Algebro uses GPT-4 + Vision as a base, and is heavily trained with topics and formulas from our syllabus. This makes his accuracy much higher than the base model. However, please note that he can still make mistakes, and is more designed to be a helpful study tool, than a know-all teacher!
YEAHHH ALGEBRO.ME

carrotsss

HSC
In one of the provided examples I find it interesting how it goes into an explanation for why a=v*dv/dx rather than saying it’s on the formula sheet - I guess it’s still valid but if I was using something like this I’d probably want it to say that it’s on the sheet. Cool tool nonetheless!

carrotsss

HSC
Gpt4 is unlimited prompts but a $30 monthly fee.
They would be using the GPT-4 (presumably turbo) API, which costs $0.01/1k tokens for input and $0.03/1k tokens for output. It’s like a pretty good deal for most people (for most people it’s actually cheaper to just use a front end for the API than buy the monthly fee) but it will probably add up a lot for OP offering this for free, especially because I’m almost certain these inputs/outputs would be a ridiculous amount of tokens - the messages are long and a token is like a clump of characters/a word that often goes together, and maths would have a lot of words/things that don’t fit in well with tokens, so they end up using even more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)