Announcement from BOSTES/NESA - 2019 Syllabus Changes for Calculus courses (1 Viewer)

omegadot

HSC
N/A
Considering NESA cannot even handle the current change effectively, how on earth are they going to manage changes in the syllabuses every five years?

omegadot

HSC
N/A
What do you think of the comment in the third document "It will be an act of vandalism if they persist."?
I don't think NESA really care. As long as they can say they are making changes that modernise their syllabuses, which follow current "best practice", and grab a headline or two along the way is all that counts.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
According to NESA the syllabuses should be finished by "the middle of the year": http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.a...-support-materials-for-new-stage-6-syllabuses

Well 12 noon today is the middle of the year and they still aren't finished.

That's not necessarily a bad thing provided that they commence new processes in order to create a better syllabus than the one we have now. Evidently if they persist with the current draft it will be an act of vandalism and result in a worse syllabus.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
At the MANSW Conference on Saturday a NESA representative announced that the final syllabuses will be released within the next 2 weeks - but an exact date was not given.

leehuan

HSC
At the MANSW Conference on Saturday a NESA representative announced that the final syllabuses will be released within the next 2 weeks - but an exact date was not given.
Any improvements we could (hopefully) anticipate?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The content should look the same as the second draft. But improvements were mainly in the language within the documents.

Wolf97

HSC
They basically took out every hard topic in 3 unit and made it easy as hell
Man I really don't like much about what they're doing to the maths syllabi. The only things I like are: adding vectors (I would also add matrices alongside them), putting 4u graphs and volumes in 3u, removing conics and adding Euler's formula to 4u (which should've been in already).

Are they also reducing the amount of 4u integration? Seems like a very small topic compared to the current one. I don't like that change :(

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I thought 3U was becoming harder? (as well as 2U and general)
Pretty much the only hard topics are motion and circle geo and from what I've heard they're getting removed but I haven't fully checked. I guess the last hard topic is binomial (if that's even still there).

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Pretty much the only hard topics are motion and circle geo and from what I've heard they're getting removed but I haven't fully checked. I guess the last hard topic is binomial (if that's even still there).
They said motion (or parts of it) is getting moved to 4U

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I am quite happy with the new syllabus.

But what has "Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples", "Asia and Australia's engagement with Asia" and "Sustainabilty" got to do with the study of mathematics!

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
I am quite happy with the new syllabus.

But what has "Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples", "Asia and Australia's engagement with Asia" and "Sustainabilty" got to do with the study of mathematics!

Nek minnit, 6 marker on the societal and environmental impacts of IBP

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)