anyone else scared that year 12 is approaching damn fast??? (1 Viewer)

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
no, no, no I'm not ready! I don't think I'll be ready in 10 weeks' time, either. Time is just going far too fast. Although, the faster year twelve approaches, the faster I'll finish school and actually start this thing called "life".
Life? What's that? :p

Anyway, to answer, I'm not so much scared as I am a little anxious. Excited to actually do work that counts towards something, and all of the awesome things that come with seniority! Nervous about my HSC Ancient Exam, but everything else I'm looking forward to starting. :)

Although my perspective might change once I get my report tomorrow. :uhoh:

klaris

HSC
Life? What's that? :p

Anyway, to answer, I'm not so much scared as I am a little anxious. Excited to actually do work that counts towards something, and all of the awesome things that come with seniority! Nervous about my HSC Ancient Exam, but everything else I'm looking forward to starting. :)

Although my perspective might change once I get my report tomorrow. :uhoh:
I don't know, I heard about "Life" once, sounded interesting :p

But year twelve will be so much pressure and work! Looking forward to it? I think my jitters are a result of the fact I'm not all that organised or prepared. Woops.

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
I don't know, I heard about "Life" once, sounded interesting :p

But year twelve will be so much pressure and work! Looking forward to it? I think my jitters are a result of the fact I'm not all that organised or prepared. Woops.
Hahaha, true, a lot of pressure. I think it's normal to be jittery. I think I'm just anxious to move into the real interesting stuff. Or perhaps it's just the notion that Ancient History will be done for me, forever! :D

klaris

HSC
you don't like Ancient, I take it? Why not drop it?
I think I'll pick up EE2 but I'm not sure; it seems like so much work!

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
you don't like Ancient, I take it? Why not drop it?
I think I'll pick up EE2 but I'm not sure; it seems like so much work!
I love the content, for sure, I'm just not so keen on my class or teacher, so I'm looking forward to tying that up. Admittedly I will miss Rome, but I'm definitely more of a Modern History person. :) Mostly taking it because being accelerated it was mostly our only option, and I saw it as a good opportunity...so far it is!

EE2 sounds so good, I'm so mad with myself I didn't do extension english! Might do History Extension next year, though. Depends on how I do in my HSC Ancient stuff. :)

klaris

HSC
Oh I see. Yes, Ancient is just great and I, too and more of a Modern kind of girl. I think I love Modern so much because it relates to today's isssues and give us a better understanding etc. The thing with year eleven is the AMOUNT of workload compared to year ten, not the content, in my opinion.

English Extension is pretty great, but it is a LOT of work and a lot of it I don't really finish on time...the essays are really time consuming and often a dozen drafts will go back and forth between my class teacher and I, for one essay! It is tricky to get this just right and I guess I want to get things okay now, before year twelve.

EE2 does sound great, although it seems a lot of work and I'm not sure I will be able to put the amount of effort and commitment required for EE2. I think I'll keep all my units so I'll have 12U in year twelve (a 1U course drops once year twelve begins). Decision, decisions...

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Oh I see. Yes, Ancient is just great and I, too and more of a Modern kind of girl. I think I love Modern so much because it relates to today's isssues and give us a better understanding etc. The thing with year eleven is the AMOUNT of workload compared to year ten, not the content, in my opinion.

English Extension is pretty great, but it is a LOT of work and a lot of it I don't really finish on time...the essays are really time consuming and often a dozen drafts will go back and forth between my class teacher and I, for one essay! It is tricky to get this just right and I guess I want to get things okay now, before year twelve.

EE2 does sound great, although it seems a lot of work and I'm not sure I will be able to put the amount of effort and commitment required for EE2. I think I'll keep all my units so I'll have 12U in year twelve (a 1U course drops once year twelve begins). Decision, decisions...
Oh, yes, the workload is so crazy. I'm really not looking forward to year twelve workload! (Admittedly, I write this as I procrastinate my essay for Ancient. :p)

There's definitely a lot of commitment that seems to be involved in EE2, but I think (would hope!) that if you were even considering it you'd be the kind of person capable of it. :) Poetry or prose, which is your preferred?

klaris

HSC
Oh yes, don't worry. I have two essays and a novel sitting there just waiting to be done/read. So I'm procrastinating now, too :p

And I'm really trying to get into good habits NOW before it's too late and I'm scurrying around in year twelve, trying to get things organised and handing in assessments at the last minute. Although, my teacher told me today she was glad to see such an organised student...I'm not sure what to think , haha.

I'm hoping to write an essay, actually. I only have vague plans floating around in my head at the moment but hopefully they'll become more concrete as time goes by. I wish I had the natural talent to write a piece of prose but I don't have the patience to sit down and plan it all out; I have the concepts perfectly planned in my head, but they don't work out so good on paper.

So, I think I'll be going with a critical essay, my opinion hasn't changed on this since the end of year ten, when we got information on senior english...

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
OMG. Highlight of my academic test scores. LOL. There are seven people in my extension math class (i know haha we suck) and we had our Assessment task 2 worth 30%. 2 people failed. One just got 50%. 2nd mark was 77%. I got 91% I have never been so happier about a test. LOL.

muzeikchun852

HSC
OMG. Highlight of my academic test scores. LOL. There are seven people in my extension math class (i know haha we suck) and we had our Assessment task 2 worth 30%. 2 people failed. One just got 50%. 2nd mark was 77%. I got 91% I have never been so happier about a test. LOL.
seems like a really bad cohort.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats on your score :p

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Top students always seem to know their cohort's marks aswell. :p

musing

HSC
I'm not scared, bring it on!

I want to get high school over and DONE with! After 13 years of mundane routines.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)