Anyone regret their subject selections (1 Viewer)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
yer i did comerce in yr 10, but didn have a teacher. lol. but it is realy easy i knew most of the shit they learnt.
i was tossing up between bio n eco, i desided bio 4 2 reasons
1) no esay in bio, all extended responses and u can do then in dot point.
2) i want 2 do medicine, n my mum studied genetics in uni and she can help me.
but im realy happy with my choice, its my worst science but im still getting 85% in it, which i am happy with. and its all realy intresting, next year its all genetics n human dna... i cant wait

JamiL

HSC
yer i did comerce in yr 10, but didn have a teacher. lol. but it is realy easy i knew most of the shit they learnt.
i was tossing up between bio n eco, i desided bio 4 2 reasons
1) no esay in bio, all extended responses and u can do then in dot point.
2) i want 2 do medicine, n my mum studied genetics in uni and she can help me.
but im realy happy with my choice, its my worst science but im still getting 85% in it, which i am happy with. and its all realy intresting, next year its all genetics n human dna... i cant wait

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I regret doing Maths. I also regret doing art, but I like art, and hate it, and am crap at it, but like it. Plus, I wouldn've had anything else to do.

afta???

HSC
dont worry when u get to uni there would b lotz more choices which i guarantee smth will interest u
as for maths i think itz ur teacher that is the problem
everyone seems to hav a problem with her!

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Yes, it's interesting to note that, of the two 2u Maths classes, I think all the people who've so far dropped to General came from my class.

afta???

HSC
maybe the headteacher should reconsider her for teaching senior years next year

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
ahhh regreat... hel yer.. sum1 should have told me to never ever do society and art... ohhhwel.. we're neverly finish neway =D cnt wait

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Atleast some of you could do Eco and SDD together. My school's scheduling made it so that you had to choose one or the other, which than made me choose SDD. Than I replaced Eco with Bio, than I changed it again with history. (Back in yr 10)

Now SDD and History are my worst subjects!!!!!!!!! Talk about screwing myself up :(

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
afta??? said:
maybe the headteacher should reconsider her for teaching senior years next year
I dunno, she teaches pretty well, despite the fact that she's kind of annoying. Maybe it's just that she's really encouraging the people who can't do maths to drop to general. I thought she'd be heaps against people dropping, considering the mentality of maths teachers, but if she thinks someone'll do better at general, she'll help them drop. I don't think she'd be happy to hear I'm planning on dropping maths entirely, though. :D

afta???

HSC
L_RES88 said:
Atleast some of you could do Eco and SDD together. My school's scheduling made it so that you had to choose one or the other, which than made me choose SDD. Than I replaced Eco with Bio, than I changed it again with history. (Back in yr 10)

Now SDD and History are my worst subjects!!!!!!!!! Talk about screwing myself up :(
well they cant make everyone happy but im sure they tried

onigiri

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
heh :)

are u allowed to drop SOR at oakhill? (since it's a catholic school)

at my school, our timetable basically rotates around SOR. no matter what your subject selection is, u MUST include SOR and ur not allowed to drop it in year 12 :(

That is so much like my school which is also catholic. SOR bores me and i've been doing crap in it. I hate it how the force u to do it. my friend doesn't need to do SOR at the moment. Cos previously she did SORII and shes dropping to SOR so the whole of this term she doesn't need to do it. She starts SOR next term tho.

I regret choosing IPT.... boring as..

afta???

HSC
wats the differnce bewtween SORII and SOR??

onigiri

HSC
SOR is a 1 unit subject where as SORII is a 2 unit subject. I think the content of either is the same but SORII contains a larger history aspect? Its what I heard from my friend so I'm not sure. I was questioning her why she even did SORII to begin with and she said she was interested in the history side of religions. Apart from that she also said it scales higher.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
SOR2 scales about the same or slightly higher than bio and is very easy. People at my school take it to fill up their units, as a back-up subject, as a bludge subject, and as a UAI booster. Hell, even SOR1 could be helpful, since it is has OK scaling (only slightly less than SOR2). Trouble with me is, taking SOR as a backup implies you're putting effort into it, and that you think you might fail another subject. But if you're putting effort into SOR, the it means you're putting less into another subject and hence, you just MIGHT fail another subject. At the most, SOR is just extra work unless it is one of your 10 units.

afta???

HSC
your concept of backup subjects taking away effort from other subjects i dont agree
just take a look at how many ppl does like even 17units n got high ......really high uai's

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Without taking into consideration how much extra time, effort and study they put in, your point is moot.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
heh :)

are u allowed to drop SOR at oakhill? (since it's a catholic school)

at my school, our timetable basically rotates around SOR. no matter what your subject selection is, u MUST include SOR and ur not allowed to drop it in year 12 :(
You're not allowed per se, but I reckon if I could have convinced them that I wanted to do both maths ext 2 and ee2 I might have gotten away with it.

JamiL

HSC
afta??? said:
your concept of backup subjects taking away effort from other subjects i dont agree
just take a look at how many ppl does like even 17units n got high ......really high uai's
no doesn have 2.
i u put in extra effort for a back up subject that u wouldn have put in had u not done it, theoreticly it shouldn effect u:)

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Oh, man, no 'theoretically' s, please. You know you're a nerd when you start saying 'theoretically'. Theories should be illegal.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i regret choosing chem.. i made the mistake bludging in the subject and paying for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)