Are aboriginal people helped too much? (1 Viewer)

Blessed Angel

Based Angel
HSC
Are they being helped so much that they've become reliant on the government and have completely lost their independence or will to work for themselves?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Incarceration rate of Aboriginal males is 8x higher than at the peak of apartheid in SA.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yes. If they want equal rights, that's fine by me, but they also must shoulder equal responsibility then

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
My abo friend got into Law at UNSW. I think he just got an ATAR - probably around 60 or something - and I got what I got and I can't get in. Totes fair. (but I don't want to get in) Especially because I single-handedly raped his land and killed his people. Totes.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes they are. The benefits are supposed to help them be normal people but they clearly aren't so we should stop helping them.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
My abo friend got into Law at UNSW. I think he just got an ATAR - probably around 60 or something - and I got what I got and I can't get in. Totes fair. (but I don't want to get in) Especially because I single-handedly raped his land and killed his people. Totes.
Friend who does med tells me all the abos they let in end up dropping out anyway because they can't handle it

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
do you think that one day abos will become extinct in the metropolitan areas of australia? if so, when do you think this will happen

HSC
Uni Grad
do you think that one day abos will become extinct in the metropolitan areas of australia? if so, when do you think this will happen
There are and will always be more in metro areas because there's no cut off, if you have any aboriginal blood in you, you're considered aboriginal.

HSC
N/A
I think they need to stop giving them money so they are motivated to pay for their own grog (jokes)

but srsly, I think to a degree, they're helped too much.
The more you help, the more they want.
It'll never be enough unless they're self efficient.

HSC
affirmative action is racism.

HSC
Iv'e probably only seen 10 aboriginals in Sydney (not including the ones who play the didgeridoo at Circual quay.)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
There are and will always be more in metro areas because there's no cut off, if you have any aboriginal blood in you, you're considered aboriginal.
I meant people who are like 25% or more aboriginal

also lol your sig and custom title ahaha

HSC
N/A
An aboriginal man once scolded me for asking him, "Are you half aboriginal?"

And he shouted at me, "WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION OF THAT? WHAT HALF OF ME IS ABORIGINAL, AND WHAT HALF OF ME ISN'T? THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS HALF OR QUARTER, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. IF YOU'RE ABORIGINAL, YOU'RE ABORIGINAL".
I was in year three at the time, and he was a guest speaker at my primary school. I nearly cried, and have been scared of aboriginals ever since.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Friend who does med tells me all the abos they let in end up dropping out anyway because they can't handle it
Yeah, mum asked me whether he would be able to do well because it's a really demanding course and I felt bad because I actually want him to do well.
But at UNSW they have a precourse during the summer holidays for the abos going into law to help prepare them. He's been there since just after the hsc or something.

affirmative action is racism.
Lol. I feel like ann right now because I have no idea what affirmative action is.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
An aboriginal man once scolded me for asking him, "Are you half aboriginal?"

And he shouted at me, "WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION OF THAT? WHAT HALF OF ME IS ABORIGINAL, AND WHAT HALF OF ME ISN'T? THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS HALF OR QUARTER, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. IF YOU'RE ABORIGINAL, YOU'RE ABORIGINAL".
I was in year three at the time, and he was a guest speaker at my primary school. I nearly cried, and have been scared of aboriginals ever since.
Lol. I hate abos sometimes.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
If i was aboriginal i'd hate all this crap. So fking demeaning and condescending (though i wouldn't say no to the scholarships)

HSC
Yeah, mum asked me whether he would be able to do well because it's a really demanding course and I felt bad because I actually want him to do well.
But at UNSW they have a precourse during the summer holidays for the abos going into law to help prepare them. He's been there since just after the hsc or something.

Lol. I feel like ann right now because I have no idea what affirmative action is.
It means that organisations are either mandated by govt or have a policy to have a diversity quota. It means that they need to let in aboriginals in order to say that they have x amount of aboriginals in their university. In order to let in so many aboriginals, they have to lower the criteria for them, so they can get in. It's racist but also terrible for the minority; the fact that so many aboriginals are dropping out of med school proves it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)