Are aboriginal people helped too much? (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I wonder if I could get away with it if I say I'm aboriginal in everything from now on.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
An aboriginal man once scolded me for asking him, "Are you half aboriginal?"

And he shouted at me, "WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION OF THAT? WHAT HALF OF ME IS ABORIGINAL, AND WHAT HALF OF ME ISN'T? THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS HALF OR QUARTER, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. IF YOU'RE ABORIGINAL, YOU'RE ABORIGINAL".
I was in year three at the time, and he was a guest speaker at my primary school. I nearly cried, and have been scared of aboriginals ever since.
lol fucking abos
never met a decent one in my life

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. I should say I'm abo.

Also, in lighter abo-news: my abo friend models for best and lest or some shit so now whenever one of my friends quotes zoolander "well, let me answer your question with another question: how many abodigidals do you see modelling?" I answer "just one."
It's pretty great.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. I should say I'm abo.

Also, in lighter abo-news: my abo friend models for best and lest or some shit so now whenever one of my friends quotes zoolander "well, let me answer your question with another question: how many abodigidals do you see modelling?" I answer "just one."
It's pretty great.
aboriginal models arent even good looking

Rixon

swirv
HSC
do you think that one day abos will become extinct in the metropolitan areas of australia? if so, when do you think this will happen
tasmanian aboriginals have already died out. it's bound to happen to main-landers at some point...

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
we can only hope

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
tasmanian aboriginals have already died out. it's bound to happen to main-landers at some point...
and to answer your question yes that picture is for reals

google image: samantha harris aboriginal

LonelyWolf

HSC
Do we really want them to assimilate and function like that of the typical white Australian?

Lina3

HSC
It staggers me all the benefits they get, and still they seem to want more!? In all honesty, yes, I believe the government is helping them too much. If they want the benefits, it should only be right they give something back to society, after all, that's where their money comes from . It doesn't seem right that we should be paying for the crimes of our ancestors. (well personally...my ancestors were probably chillin' in a little Ukrainian village when the whites first started killing the natives...but still you get the point)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
imo when the first whities came to australia, their mistake was not getting rid of all the abos currently existing. you cant just take someones land and expect them to live happily about it. you either leave them in peace or kill them all. now its fucked for everyone because the abos are angry at what happened and getting all these benefits which they take for granted

thanks a lot captain cook

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
imo when the first whities came to australia, their mistake was not getting rid of all the abos currently existing. you cant just take someones land and expect them to live happily about it. you either leave them in peace or kill them all. now its fucked for everyone because the abos are angry at what happened and getting all these benefits which they take for granted

thanks a lot captain cook
that is terrifying

michaeljennings

HSC
At what point do the Government say "Yeah we've made up for the suffering we caused them in the past" and stop giving them benefits and stuff and treat them like all other Australians???

A guy I was friends with in primary school got an ATAR of like 90 yet I hear hes doing law next year at UNSW. Hes not even one of those disadvantaged Aboriginals. He lives in a nice house and his parents have decent jobs. I know its wrong for me to judge and say what happened in the past cant really have that much of an impact on his life but Im sure everyone has relatives who were wronged in the past even if they arent Aboriginals.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
No one here has sufficient information to provide any interesting answer to this question

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
No one here has sufficient information to provide any interesting answer to this question
uhh, i have plenty of anecdotes to prove WITHOUT QUESTION that the white man is being held down by black privilege

boris

Banned
HSC
sure affirmative action is retarded but we have schemes aimed to help any and all demographics that are shown to be lagging behind
why do pensioners get discounts on pretty much everything
why do women get special health services and crises centres

i think most people could agree that the reason for them lagging behind in most aspects of life stems from a lack of education. and no one has thought of a system to ensure abo kids go to school and learn that doesnt involve taking them off their parents and putting them in white families

boris

Banned
HSC
"In 2004–05, around half of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (52%) were
current smokers, 23% had used marijuana/cannabis and 28% an illicit substance in
the last 12 months."

basically why abos die at 60 instead of 80

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)