• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia vs Rest of the World (cricket) (1 Viewer)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
i dnt see any quality in the indian side to take over from him.. i mean tendulkar struggled with his game, sehwag will go into his shell if captain... laxman is just lazy in some of his stroke play, maybe not mature enough... leaving dravid, who becomes the corpse with pads on when he is captain and batting

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
They'll find someone. They seemingly mightn't have a ready made replacement like we did with Punter, but I never thought Ganguly would have the discipline to be a Test captain. In a few years time, maybe one of their younger guns will show enough to get a go at it?

bobbie212

ganguly will be ther for a few more yrs. by the time he has gone laxman, tendulkar, dravid may also be on the virge or retiring, leaving space for kaif and yuvraj sing to play and perhaps take over the captaincy. perhaps even pathan?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
On a side note, India, specifically Pathan and Khan, are demolishing Bangladesh. Bangladesh are 7/115 in first innings. Pathan 5/28 in 12 overs, Khan 2/35 in 9 overs

dave_119

Banned
HSC
bangladesh should be removed from test cricket... they have gone back 10 yrs instead of moving forward.. al tho their u/19 team performed well at last years world cup, beating aus, i was there to witness.. they do have some real talent.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well right now id say they are pretty close to Zimbabwe, they were pretty close in the series they played this year. Although Zimbabwe did have that crap team without Streak and the rest of the usuals

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Zimbabwe losing talent like Streak,Hick,Goodwin,Johnson,Ervine etc over the years has set them back big time. They had potential to be awesome if they kept their players and local expertise at home to develop future stars.

Alas they're now lost to permanent obscurity forever.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well they havnt lost Streak and Ervine, they just arnt playing at the moment due to political issues.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Neither of them want to return though. Streak's as good as gone. Not sure about guys like Ervine, Travis Friend etc who are young enough but don't want to return to their country.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
ervine (W.A), blignaut (TAS), friend (sth sydney) + others will never return to international cricket in zim, the government atm will not let them, if they did, they would be persecuted, same reason basically as olonga, cept his stand was on death of democracy...

you cant say Hick ever did anything for zim, honestly, being born their and brought up in england, then chossing to play for, doesn't show he had much faith in zim cricket. full stop

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
It was a pretty sorry sight seeing Streak sitting amongst the crowd watching Zimbabwe getting hammered in the just finish series with English

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
They beat australia in the ICC cup

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
England has actually overtaken South Africa as the second best overall Test team and this year they have a better Test record than Australia. I think they are undefeated. On a side note, Tendulkar 130 not out against Bangladesh and has equalled the record for most Test centuries with Gavaskar with 34 test centuries

Last edited:
HSC
acmilan said:
On a side note, Tendulkar 130 not out against Bangladesh and has equalled the record for most Test centuries with Gavaskar with 34 test centuries
Congratulations to him, without doubt one of the best batsmen of all time.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
It would have been nice seeing Streak playing for NSW.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Zaheer got 75 against Bangladesh, the highest score by a number 11 in Test history, two world records taken by the Indians in this match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)