• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia vs Rest of the World (cricket) (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Tendulkar equalling Gavaskar's world test centuries record? Although that belonged to an Indian as well I guess.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
i dnt see how that could be considered a record when he has equalled a record, maybe when he reaches 35 100's that could be a record!!!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Bah, same shit he's now the record holder ;)

Also Kumble broke Kapil Dev's Indian record and I'm sure plenty of others will fall in the next match and a half of that series.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The games almost over, India is 2 wickets away from winning. It was an awesome game, Tendulkar equalling record for most centuries with 248 not out, Kumble leading India wicket taker, Pathan gets 10 wickets in the game, Khan breaking Richard Collinge's 32 year old record for highest score by a number 11.

Last edited:

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
acmilan said:
Sometime next year the first place team(or teams) will be playing the rest of the world here in Australia. Undoubtedly the first place team in both forms will be Australia...the question is who should make up the rest of the world team. The team will be picked based on the rankings at the time of picking and if that was right now the teams would be:

Test
1. HH Gibbs (South Africa, ranked 10 for batting)
2. ME Trescothick (England, 8 for batting)
3. R Dravid (India, 3 for batting)
4. BC Lara (West Indies, 2 for batting)
5. SR Tendulkar (India, 6 for batting)/ Izamam ul-Haq (Pakistan, 5 for batting) <---very close on these two
6. JH Kallis (South Africa, 9 for batting, 7 for bowling)
7. KC Sangakkara (Sri Lanka, out of top 10 for batting but best non-Australian wicket keeper)
8. SM Pollock (South Africa, 1 for bowling)
9. Shoaib Akhtar (Pakistan, 5 for bowling)
10. Harbhajan Singh (India, 6 for bowling) <----- M Ntini (South Africa, 10 for bowling) if they chose to have only 1 spinner)
11. M Muralitharan (Sri Lanka, 2 for bowling)

One Day
1. SR Tendulkar (India, ranked 1 for batting)
2. ME Trescothick (England, 9 for batting)
3. BC Lara (West Indies, 4 for batting)
4. CH Gayle (West Indies, 7 for batting)
5. Yousuf Youhana (Pakistan, 3 for batting)
6. JH Kallis (South Africa, 6 for batting, out of top 10 for bowling)
7. KC Sangakkara (Sri Lanka, best non-Australia wicket keeper)
8. SM Pollock (South Africa, 1 for bowling)
9. WPUJC Vaas (Sri Lanka, 5 for bowling)
10. M Ntini (South Africa, 7 for bowling)
11. M Muralitharan (Sri Lanka, 2 for bowling)

Overall they are both pretty good representation for the rest of the world. I would perhaps like to see someone who bats with a little more flair, such as Sehwag, to perhaps give a little more entertainment... but by that time he may well be highly ranked in the world.

Discuss
back in the days before zim were shit.... andy flower had to be the choice of keeper, can play on any wicket and can play a suipporting or dominating role... for example against sth africa top stranght attck he hit 2 centurys 202 and 199 almost becoming the first keeper to score a century and duble in a match... also highest score by a keeper, but taken by sanggakara who ironcially got it against a second string zim team and as graham gooch quoted during the world cup
"""As a batsman he ranks up with the best, and he keeps wicket too so he has to be considered an al-rounder """ which has set the tone for other keepers...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The main thing is i dont know if the team has been picked yet or not. Some guy early on in this thread said it was but most people dont think it has. I guess if the team hasnt been picked yet there is a slight chance New Zealand or Sri Lanka may overtake Australia as best ODI team by the time the team is picked especially considering New Zealand is the best ODI team this year and they also have some series coming up, including one against Sri Lanka and a clean sweep for either team will make the race for first place very tight

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
acmilan said:
The main thing is i dont know if the team has been picked yet or not. Some guy early on in this thread said it was but most people dont think it has. I guess if the team hasnt been picked yet there is a slight chance New Zealand or Sri Lanka may overtake Australia as best ODI team by the time the team is picked especially considering New Zealand is the best ODI team this year and they also have some series coming up, including one against Sri Lanka and a clean sweep for either team will make the race for first place very tight

yeah nz had to beat aus last week and aust must fail in the tri nations and next year nz must beat aust again in nz to retain the n1 ranking.... sir lanka has to win every series they play...

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Anyone think the Aussies will sweep this test series again?

Damn Kasper had to spoil Pidgies party.............

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
They should just play Aus Green v Aus Gold. Take the Australian batting lineup and put it in one team and take the bowlers and put it in the other. And then fill the vacant positions in both teams with the next best 6 batsmen, keeper and 4 bowlers.

That'd be a match worth watching.

Pace Setter

choco said:
i wanna see brett back!!!
angelduck said:
Now how did I figure out you were both female without even asking? ;)

On the topic- I'm not sure about this concept. The ROW team has never played together-they're not really a "team" yet. We're all aware of that saying..."A team of champions always gets beaten by a champion t..."

Last edited:

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Raiks said:
They should just play Aus Green v Aus Gold. Take the Australian batting lineup and put it in one team and take the bowlers and put it in the other. And then fill the vacant positions in both teams with the next best 6 batsmen, keeper and 4 bowlers.

That'd be a match worth watching.
...or Australia vs Australia A - which they already have.

The Australian team proving they are the worthy squad, and the A team showing that they deserve a chance.

Both teams are far better than any international team.

aj_number_10

HSC
Rest of World Team Will be different to the one named in this thread. Theres really no certainties for the team at the moment.

Its in September\October I think at Sydney, plus a few one dayers.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
angelduck said:
Im so confused right now, the ROW team?

Meh, maybe it was the name, or even the sig Pace Setter!

Nah, i want Brett back coz it would be interestin to see how he went against Paki's, seein as how Akhtar is doin so well against the Aussies

Expect to see Brett during the VB series and playing for Aussie A.

Aussies will use a rotation system for bowlers and maybe batsmen, with the likes of Mcgrath, Gillespie, Kasper, Hogg and Binger all rotating.

I'd like to see Macgill have a crack rather than Hogg.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
they should have an aus v aus a on australia day...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
max said:
...or Australia vs Australia A - which they already have.

The Australian team proving they are the worthy squad, and the A team showing that they deserve a chance.

Both teams are far better than any international team.
But if you split the batters and bowlers up from the Aus team and made them face each other, I'd find it much more entertaining with the likes of McGrath, Gillespie, Kasper and Warne slugging it out against Langer, Hayden, Ponting, Marto, Lehmann and Clarke... it'd be the truest form of having the best play the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)