Australian Open (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Have to disagree man. He was just having a bit of fun for the crowd when the match was effectively over.

Arrogant and Federer do not belong in the same sentence. His play might be arrogant, but his attitude never is.
Id say Federer & Nadal are the only modest tennis players when winning or losing matches. I love that attribute in sport stars.

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Well it depends on your viewpoint, but for me, Federer comes across as very arrogant in his interviews and reluctant to pay his rivals any compliments. And when they do come, usually theyre backhanded and have double meanings...you just read between the lines, he uses qualifying words very frequently. Compare his opinion of 'Rafa' today with his opinion of 'Nadal' a few years ago. Just this image of him being the consummate gentleman to me seems so forced

But yeah generally, everythings fine and dandy and he acts like the 'belle of the ball' (as Ive seen it phrased) when he's winning, but turns into a sourpuss once things arent going his way. It's easy to be gracious when youre on top...anyways, he wouldve been out of the tournament and this 19 semifinals in a row streak broken if Birdman hadnt had choked as countless number of opponents have done so against him in the past. Though I guess there is a case for him having earned that kind of aura which causes opponents to lose their focus when they're close to beating him

Not that I condone Rafa's continual deference to basically everyone on tour either, he is too politically correct. But at the very least, he has the same attitude whether he wins or loses, no excuses.

Sonja89

HSC
at the beginning he obviously addressed him as Nadal bcoz he didnt know him very well..ever since then theyve played alot toghether theyve bcome sort of like friends except with the rivary thing going on.. i think hes genuine i dnt think its arrogance.

as to the thing u said about being gracious when ur on top.. well i think hes always been like that, when he loses n when he wins. im sure berdych wanted to win but federer is way 2 gud he shudnt even have lost those 2 sets, it takes a champion to come back from that ;)

LordPc

HSC
Verdasco is looking strong early on. His serve looks like it might be hard to break.

This game should be better than the usual 7:30 matches that have been played lately if they keep up this kind of tennis

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Spicing up to be a good game, especially with Verdasco's serve and forehand. Though, his backhand is vulnerable so Nadal might exploit that even further later on.

Last edited:

spence

HSC
This match has been great. 21 games and a tiebreaker in and neither has been broken, and only 1 double fault

LordPc

HSC
Nadal was very pumped to win the 2nd there, almost like he was won the match

proof that this game isnt as easy as his road to the final has been

akrinis

HSC
Jelena Dokic is back! She'll definitely get into top 50 by end of 2009, if not better. That quarter she played with Safina was so close! If not for the unforced errors, she could have easily wiped her russian opponent out of the Open!

But yeah generally, everythings fine and dandy and he acts like the 'belle of the ball' (as Ive seen it phrased) when he's winning, but turns into a sourpuss once things arent going his way. It's easy to be gracious when youre on top...anyways, he wouldve been out of the tournament and this 19 semifinals in a row streak broken if Birdman hadnt had choked as countless number of opponents have done so against him in the past. Though I guess there is a case for him having earned that kind of aura which causes opponents to lose their focus when they're close to beating him
Look, everyone behaves that way. Who doesn't get pissed off when they misss important points or things aren't going how they like - it's called human nature, something all players have in common with each other.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
nadal > verdasco any day. and well, fed can = nadal. i like them both :)

as for women's, PLEASE safina, please beat serena.

akrinis

HSC
I need to vent. I'm so frustrated at the rules for Doubles Matches!!

Why are the doubles matches so quick?!! WHY!!

Who was silly enough to change the rule, in MIXED DOUBLES to No Advantage Point on Deuce. That's ridiculous. I mean, spectators want to see a LONG, exciting contest. What's the harm in having Advantages at Deuce?!

I really love watching doubles action but they always go by so fast. I think a doubles match only lasts 1 hour.

And how come there isn't a third set in doubles matches, when each team have 1 set in hand? Instead, they come to an anti-climax tie-break with first to ten. That's not really fair if you ask me. I'm sure many viewers would much rather watch doubles teams slug it out to the death, like in Singles matches.

spence

HSC
I need to vent. I'm so frustrated at the rules for Doubles Matches!!

Why are the doubles matches so quick?!! WHY!!

Who was silly enough to change the rule, in MIXED DOUBLES to No Advantage Point on Deuce. That's ridiculous. I mean, spectators want to see a LONG, exciting contest. What's the harm in having Advantages at Deuce?!

I really love watching doubles action but they always go by so fast. I think a doubles match only lasts 1 hour.

And how come there isn't a third set in doubles matches, when each team have 1 set in hand? Instead, they come to an anti-climax tie-break with first to ten. That's not really fair if you ask me. I'm sure many viewers would much rather watch doubles teams slug it out to the death, like in Singles matches.
That sucks I didn't know they were rules

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
That's why nobody watches doubles lol...did anyone watch the William sisters beat Dellaqua and Schiavone? The stadium was virtually empty lol.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Mens: Roger Federer
Womens: Dinara Safina (but it'll be close, real close)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)