Australian Science Olympiads (1 Viewer)

aya-chan

HSC
WOHA!! TANK! congratz.

Lol, i didn't study a thing,.... don't know what i got yet, i should ask the science teachers if the got the results
keke. thaanks. :] and thanks to you too Sav. A facebook message couldn't suffice I see?

bahaha. So many ruse people got in. :) or so I hear.

elmoateme

HSC
Got into physics. Got call last week YAY! =)
Was it just me, or did the guy who called sound a bit like a pedophile?
Also, Gosford High runs lectures for the NQE, so its not just ruse.
The exam was easier than most of the past ones I thought... but still obscenely hard.

m.jakaran

HSC
I was completely surprised last Wednesday, I got into the bio training camp. Anyway, did anyone else here get in?

Johanist

HSC
I was completely surprised last Wednesday, I got into the bio training camp. Anyway, did anyone else here get in?
If your doing the HSC in 2009 how come you're allowed to go to the Bio summer school, I thought it was restricted from Year 12s, either way dang man nice work getting into bio.. that exam killed me

m.jakaran

HSC
Oh, sorry my profile was wrong for all this time. Anyway, I found that most of the exam was just kind of finding out stuff from what was given to you. You only really need a basic understanding of Bio, and the rest is just information processing skills. I couldn't have got that good though approx. 85, 75 % because I left quite a fair few questions blank.

furansugo

HSC
Woah, we just went back to school today (I'm a Victorian :shy:), and 3 people in my year were accepted into physics, and a student's going for chemistry... I haven't spoken to any of the biology students, but we usually have around 3 of them attend per year!

Apparently 3 students were accepted at our brother school as well...

furansugo

HSC
What school do you go to?
The top ranked one in Victoria. I'm not sure how familiar you are with high schools in Melbourne though...

I haven't found anyone attending the summer school for biology from my school for some reason (some are choosing other sciences). It'd be absolutely hilarious if we had 3 physics students, 1 chemistry and no one doing bio...

DreamCapsule

HSC
Hello, this year I am planning to do the Science Olympiad for Chemistry and Biology.

I just want to know what kind of questions are asked, and if there are any example questions that anybody knows where to find.

Also, there's a syllabus or something for the competition?

Sorry for the bad english.

furansugo

HSC
Brother school not being Ruse. My school's in Victoria (which pretty much gives away my school, and my brother school... if anyone checks the olympiad team/summer school representation).

Anyway, good luck everyone! I know that there's a handful of people in this thread who've been to the summer school and been overseas because of olympiad, so feel free to just spam asking questions. It's a great program to be involved in :)

TrainXIV

HSC
my school is def way too low ranked but im doin it anyways XD

google5678

HSC
Don't worry about your school being low ranked. Mines not even in the top 300, but still my twin brother got into the bio summer school (in year 10) and i got a credit in phys, and im giving bio, chem and phys a go this year. :p

aya-chan

HSC
my school is def way too low ranked but im doin it anyways XD
Your school can never be too low ranked. It has nothing to do with the school. I know a guy who came from a pretty dodgy school that got in. :]

Which NQEs are you planning on doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)