aviation (pilot) (1 Viewer)

HSC
i already had sim time before i went to qantas..so it wasnt anything new
but there was emergency procedures..thats likewhat cabin crew do every 6months or something to maintain their skill during emergencies..anyayso i gotta go do lots of things in that..they've got pictures of it on qantas site..
i joined up with a flight instructor and had a helluva day with him..went airside and went into the 744 tour, engineering tour, and i gotta a really nice view of an engine on a a330-200 << like really really close up..i was practically sitting on it..also we walked underneath (close to it) a taxiing british airway's aircraft..and got a qantas museum tour that isnt open to the public :D
plus..i really liked the reflective jacket thing i wore with the white helmet and ear plugs..looked really cool ahahaha

and yes..the a380 was up and running..but most of the pilots were still doing flat panel training..i got to do that too ^^

edit:: accidently quoted myself instead of clicknig edit ><;;

Last edited:
HSC
alan7948 said:
nup i just worked at Air China they took me to do check in, admin, boarding gate, tarmac, hangar.

So no flight training
OMG another one went for W/E im so jelous I can't believe i missed out darn it!!!! now im too old for it :cold: You guys are really lucky man, how did you people find out the WHOLE pilot career info and you must have done it at a pretty young age im guessing. At the moment im stumbling on all this jargon

JamesTockuss

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
i dont think so =]
eughh this attitude

Well i called them up when I was in Year 10 and asked, and they said they used to do it but stopped a few years ago. So maybe it changed since then, dunno.

alan7948

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
eughh this attitude

Well i called them up when I was in Year 10 and asked, and they said they used to do it but stopped a few years ago. So maybe it changed since then, dunno.
same they said they stopped W/E for Qantas thayts why i had to go to Air China

TBK11

HSC
is it possible to do W/E as a Flight Attendent?
i wouldn't mind doin that haha

HSC
i dont know 'this attitude' your talking about but i wasnt saying it in a bitchy way..i was saying it in the way that it was written.. :p

anyway..like i said i was pretty lucky because i was given the number of the general manager..i called up the first time and was also told there was no work experience available..i think i got that number off the site so i checked on qantas's flight instructing site and got a different number off there and called and was lucky enough to be given the contact details of the general manager who set me up..

and i dont think you cna get w/e as a FA unless you were actually know someone there..and you would be restricted to only SH FA.. because you arent allowed to go like x nautical miles off the country's border..

that part in bold is the same 'attitude' i was referring to the part at the top..

you need to calm down james and realise that i dont have a grudge against you:)

and honeylicorice i dont think there is a max age limit on work experience

Last edited:

atMinimas

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
i dont know 'this attitude' your talking about but i wasnt saying it in a bitchy way..i was saying it in the way that it was written.. :p

anyway..like i said i was pretty lucky because i was given the number of the general manager..i called up the first time and was also told there was no work experience available..i think i got that number off the site so i checked on qantas's flight instructing site and got a different number off there and called and was lucky enough to be given the contact details of the general manager who set me up..

and i dont think you cna get w/e as a FA unless you were actually know someone there..and you would be restricted to only SH FA.. because you arent allowed to go like x nautical miles off the country's border..

that part in bold is the same 'attitude' i was referring to the part at the top..

you need to calm down james and realise that i dont have a grudge against you:)

and honeylicorice i dont think there is a max age limit on work experience
oohhhhhh ~ you lucky bum !!
I have half a mind on becoming a pilot too ~ !!

HSC
atMinimas said:
oohhhhhh ~ you lucky bum !!
I have half a mind on becoming a pilot too ~ !!
hahahaha yeah i recognise your user 'atMinimas'
which airline/aircraft do u wanna fly for/fly

atMinimas

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
hahahaha yeah i recognise your user 'atMinimas'
which airline/aircraft do u wanna fly for/fly
I've just heart it alot so decided why not =]

Anyway, I wanna fly the dreamliner ~ looks cute ^^
- maybe for Qantas..?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
TBK11 said:
Same...

But I'm not doing W/E because I really cannot find anything good in Newcastle.

TBK11

HSC
supercalamari said:
Same...

But I'm not doing W/E because I really cannot find anything good in Newcastle.
well you could go to The University of Newcastle
i myself am going to UTS for Work experience i will be an assistant in the science Lab :)
i think it would be good going to a uni for W/E cause you get the feel of what its like

HSC
TBK11 said:
well you could go to The University of Newcastle
i myself am going to UTS for Work experience i will be an assistant in the science Lab :)
i think it would be good going to a uni for W/E cause you get the feel of what its like
you could try contact qantas and asking if you could do work experience with qantaslink..
i doubt you would get it..but its possible..not even my careers advisor believed me when i got
w/e for qantas =.=;;

just another alternative

TBK11

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
you could try contact qantas and asking if you could do work experience with qantaslink..
i doubt you would get it..but its possible..not even my careers advisor believed me when i got
w/e for qantas =.=;;

just another alternative
hmm i dont think they will let me go overseas lol ill save the embarrassment and stick to going to UTS btw how do you know all this stuff related to Aviation your like an Einstein for Aviation (complement )

HSC
I don't think ill be the lucky one to get to go on W/E with Qantas besides I got year 12 starting next term wouldn't want to risk being away for a week....i guess

HSC
TBK11 said:
hmm i dont think they will let me go overseas lol ill save the embarrassment and stick to going to UTS btw how do you know all this stuff related to Aviation your like an Einstein for Aviation (complement )
qantaslink dont fly international :)
your not allowed to anyway...but you are allowed to fly on regular services domestically..

and i just read alot :read:

James747

HSC
wow~ u guys are so lucky to get into the airlines. I tried calling a few airlines as well but no luck. They all said they don't offer it, so I ended up going to Gate Gourmet (flight catering), which was quite fun too. Working behind the scenes gives you another perspective on how everything "really" works in the industry. =P

James747

HSC
TBK11 said:
haha~~ good idea but im sure you'll never be able to do that for a variety of reason (mainly safety and security)

HSC
Does anyone have a good site to share about career as pilot? explaining the steps to becoming one and so on? Really need to read more about this field i have such a shallow understanding :lol:

JamesTockuss

HSC
honeynlicorice said:
Does anyone have a good site to share about career as pilot? explaining the steps to becoming one and so on? Really need to read more about this field i have such a shallow understanding :lol:
http://www.pprune.org/ ---- this is a good one, but you have to register (free)

As is the Qantas employment section on their website.

I recommend just googling it really, and see if you can get in contact with an actual airline pilot (you're guaranteed to know someone who knows someone who knows a Qantas pilot) and call them up and just talk to them for 15 minutes? It's kind of awkward, especially if you don't know them, but it's good to find out what they have to say about it.

Or if you're interested in the Air Force you can get a pretty mad DVD from the ADF just by requesting one on their website, and it has interviews and things on it about becoming a pilot (in the ADF).

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
http://www.pprune.org/ ---- this is a good one, but you have to register (free)

As is the Qantas employment section on their website.

I recommend just googling it really, and see if you can get in contact with an actual airline pilot (you're guaranteed to know someone who knows someone who knows a Qantas pilot) and call them up and just talk to them for 15 minutes? It's kind of awkward, especially if you don't know them, but it's good to find out what they have to say about it.

Or if you're interested in the Air Force you can get a pretty mad DVD from the ADF just by requesting one on their website, and it has interviews and things on it about becoming a pilot (in the ADF).
Just make sure your grammar and spelling are all correct or you'll get flamed for it.

And dont start a new thread on how to become a pilot because you'll get flamed for that too!

The best way is to just go down to your local flying schoo. They are more than willing to help you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)