Baulkham > JRAHS? (1 Viewer)

raveen_ds

HSC
baulko beating ruse this year? dream on!
the gap closed a bit last year, but 2009 ruse wasnt the strongest we've had by any stretch.
although i wouldnt write off a change in no. 1 any time in 2011-14

kbsb

HSC
every year..something like this happens....JAMES RUSE WILL COME 1st.

The system is flawed ina sense. If you want your school to own the rankings (keep in mind this does not neccessarily mean a higher end of ATARS) you would get the top, say, 20-30 to do 16 + units and theyd get band 6 (this is assuming you have a resonably good school) and then youd make youre bottom 60 do just 10 units so that even if they dont get any band 6's the proportion is less. i know some ruse ppl doing 17 + units (of course not in 1 year..but theyre still doing tonnes)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Ruse will get first rank every single year from now until forever if the same trends students keep attending. Ruse is in its own league and I believe almost everyone accepts that. That's not to mean Ruse is a better school (sure it is academically), but I'd hate to attend it for one.

I love my low ranking school.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
So... Who thinks baulk will overtake jrahs this year in hsc ranking? greatest upset in the academic world coming up

better prepare the asians for battle, honestly, bunch of tryhards think they are good

i could have got 99.95 ATAR but Im too cool for that

Last edited:

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
better prepare the asians for battle, honestly, bunch of tryhards think they are good
You know, there are more insults than "tryhard asian" out there if you think reaaaaaaaaally hard about it. If i didnt happen to know you were a grossly overweight Caucasian with a gravitational field rivalling that of a small planet, i'd easily mistake your internet persona for some asian with a poor grasp of the english language.

Also ruse will continue to dominate with the current trends of parents always aiming to get their kids into ruse. If ruse always accepts the creme de la creme, it would take exceptionally poor form for the cohort to come anything but first. One look at the entrance scores released under foi (Imageshack - selectivehighschoolminihh1.jpg) confirms this.

On a sidenote, the source of that document stems from a rather interesting case regarding allegations of corruption of the DET. You can read about this here. It's rather one sided and a little jaded but worth a read imo.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Ruse will always be first unless there's some explosion at the school that kills/critically wounds the top 50% of kids etc etc

why does everyone hate on us asians? act harder why not, insults get you nowhere
It's easier to blame/insult others than it is to insult yourself.

20Ten

HSC
but im not asian
Well she said, "It's easier to blame/insult others than it is to insult yourself." It doesn't matter if you're Asian or not, the point is that your previous post may, by some Asians, be considered an insult.

Last edited:

random-1006

Banned
HSC
i dont care, 95% of James Ruse are asians that will either :

a. kill themselves or
b. get the shit kicked out of them by their parents

if they dont get 99+ ATARS

asian tryhards, bloody relax for ONE minute

and majority of the asian tryhards are the internationals which think they are mad cunts, and all they do is speak bloody chinese, cant even speak english.

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
What would be more interesting is to see the conversion rate of these HSC marks into:
1. Good university students
2. Good all round citizens who contribute to the well-being of society and others

Please, life is more than a number out of 100. To be well rounded you have to take part in all aspects of life, at all times.

An HSC mark has a half life of 3 months. Everything else you do lasts for life.

Remember that when you all chase the status symbol of being in this school or that.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
i dont care, 95% of James Ruse are asians that will either :

a. kill themselves or
b. get the shit kicked out of them by their parents

if they dont get 99+ ATARS

asian tryhards, bloody relax for ONE minute

and majority of the asian tryhards are the internationals which think they are mad cunts, and all they do is speak bloody chinese, cant even speak english.

99% of JR students not only speak better English than you but will probably get a much much higher mark in HSC English. And pretty much 99% of the kids in JR were born in Australia.

JR kids would get the shit kicked out of them for not achieving their potential, which in a lot of cases is a 99+. Only reasonable that roughly top 1% of students in Year 7 corresponding to roughly top 1% in Year 12, which is all ATAR is.

@alcalder: It's not a status symbol, it's a better education.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)