• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Belonging Notes (1 Viewer)

shaon0

HSC
Does anyone know where i can get notes on belonging for AOS?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Apparently there's a new Excel book for Belonging. Teacher said it was decent, and well worth $15.

shaon0

HSC
Aerath said:
Apparently there's a new Excel book for Belonging. Teacher said it was decent, and well worth $15.
Okay, cool.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
how would you define belonging?

r0b

HSC
The idea is to formulate your own definition of belonging so HSC markers can see a 'unique' and 'original' opinion. A good place to start is the dictionary, re-word various definitions, and take parts you like. Find quotes relating to belonging as they're likely to be personal and concise. Finally, run your own comb through the mix and apply personal experience.

Four or five sentences would be optimal.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
There wouldn't be many since its the first year of the new cycle. Search the net though there's bound to be crap on it, umm i was on another topic similar to this once and someone posted a pretty good link for it.

Sheater

HSC
If anyone hasnt done Birthday Boy by Sejong Park, i really recommend you have a look at it. We did it in class, so i cant do it. But i think it would be really good to use as a contrast of another text.
its basically about a young boy who grows up during the korean war. Theres symbolism of belonging(magnetic metal pieces) and his desire to follow his dads footsteps as a soldier. anyway its good, check it out.

Talia08

HSC
Sheater said:
If anyone hasnt done Birthday Boy by Sejong Park, i really recommend you have a look at it. We did it in class, so i cant do it. But i think it would be really good to use as a contrast of another text.
its basically about a young boy who grows up during the korean war. Theres symbolism of belonging(magnetic metal pieces) and his desire to follow his dads footsteps as a soldier. anyway its good, check it out.
Hey i cheked out the Sejong Paark website and it looks pretty good, do you have any notes you could send me? i think i might do it for a related text in belonging.

wantedturk

HSC
Aerath said:
i bougght it, its not that good

loodle

HSC
So wat is the name of the book? whats in it?
thanks

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
uhhh excel is usually pretty shit and useless for english

nada92

Gotti Teiknadi <3
HSC
I found the Macmillan book pretty useful. It gives an analysis on several texts and relates it to belonging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)