Belonging: Related Text Suggestions (1 Viewer)

lil-chilean

HSC
Re: films for belonging

yeh i could do happy feet, i have on DVD but it's kinda boring

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

haha im with Dragonmaster262 on this one. Doing Avatar.. will relate perfectly to Romulus my father imo; been thinking of a related text for a while now.. and ten figured out, this afternoon, that i watched one recently that relates implicitly! :rofl:

from the top of my head i can think of so many things to write about!!.. on top of that, others probably wont even think about doing a film as recent as Avatar and of the few that will choose it.. most of them will probably be crap

:santa:

Happy New year everyine btw.. can't beleive i've got nothing to do this year for NYE..

Schoey93

HSC

hi all
I have an english assignment due soon and wasn't sure what films to use for it that show belonging.So far i've been thinking:

• Bend it like Beckham
  • brokeback mountain (unsure i go to a catholic school)
  • Australia
  • edward scissorhands
  • Of mice and men
  • the kite runner
  • muriels wedding
  • the pursuit of happiness
any other suggestion would be great thanks
Your school isn't actually allowed to mark you down due to their ridiculous anti-gay sentiments. That would put you at a disadvantage for the HSC, and their are rules and laws to prevent that happening. If you want to do Brokeback Mountain and think you know how to analyse it to the teeth (ie find effects of techniques in the film that just are so complex the director never would have even thought of it) than go ahead.

I honestly think English (Advanced) is a course in "making up techniques and analysing their imaginary effect". It should be renamed Bullshit English Analysis.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

About a Boy starring Hugh Grant and Toni Collette
In fact, a lot of Toni Collette's films would probably work.

kateemily

HSC

i had really good obscure and uncommon texts, but about 2 weeks before the exam i knew i needed something that i could know inside out and even use for module C, and so i went for my big fat greek wedding. dont underestimate its simplicity, that movie saved my ass in the exam and works fabulously.

Dora Explorer

HSC

omg so can you use the same related text your using for belonging, for another module, ie, module c?
i dint know that...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I believe you can. However, your better off doing a different text, as it is unlikely that one text will be your best choice for both topics.

kateemily

HSC

omg so can you use the same related text your using for belonging, for another module, ie, module c?
i dint know that...
you can, you find a text that overlaps and works well with your prescribed text, then go for it, the person marking module c wont be marking module a or b, and if by some chance they get your belonging paper again, they wont know its you out of the 70,000 other students. there is nothing stopping you finding texts that overlap. if you find a good one that works well then its a smart move as you can have an incredibly thorough and indepth knowledge of it, you ust have to be careful that you dont get the ideas and arguments mixed up

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

i dint know that...
Some texts are good for both modules, and you may use them. There are no rules that say you may not. :)

what!

HSC
what do you think about Finding Nemo as a film for belonging?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think it's a good idea. It -might- be a bit overused, but you have to judge that for yourself. If you think you can pull it off well, I sincerely recommend that you use Finding Nemo. :)

Madge10

HSC
I have to write an essay on "our lives are shaped on our sense of belonging"
any ideas on related texts i can use? i have to relate to the namesake and 2 others. thanks

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have to write an essay on "our lives are shaped on our sense of belonging"
any ideas on related texts i can use? i have to relate to the namesake and 2 others. thanks
Have you perhaps looked in this thread? There are some great ideas here, that you may use and adapt to suit your thesis. :)

chuha

HSC
N/A
Looking For Alibrandi is a good film for Belonging.

liss21

HSC
What does everyone think about:
- Romeo and Juliet (play)
- Twilight (book)
- Australia or where the wild things are (movies)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)