best and worst live bands (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
wwhat bands/artists are waaayy better live than studio and which ones aren't?

first few that come to mind:
Andrew Bird and The Who are amazing live.

Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan (nowadays) and Animal Collective are pretty shit live acts imo

Last edited:

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Kanye West was a pretty lame support act for U2. Couldn't hear anything over the cello - but I think that may be a good thing because the cello is a really nice instrument.

Other than that pretty much all bands and artists I've seen live are really awesome and a lot are actually better live than on CD. This also includes videos of live performances on YouTube.

As for the best lives acts - Jamie Cullum, Rufus Wainwright, Crowded House, Matchbox Twenty, Killing Heidi, Lior, Simon and Garfunkel. They're all really awesome.
And I would really, really love to see Van Morrison and Jamiroquai live because I know that they would both be amazing.

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
yeah h.a.a.r.p looks pretty awesome but i think it gets too showey and gimmicky like an olymppic opening ceremony. nah clapton just has no stage presence.

klaris

HSC
taylor swift is shit.

READ: guilty pleasure.

HSC
except for the fact that lily allen says the exact same thing before each song each time she plays it, it just sounds really rehearsed and fake

BlackDragon

HSC
paul kelly is really good live. so are angus and julia stone. i like jeff lang live too.

i like the herd but some of their jokes are a bit lame on stage.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Good: Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Green Day

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Haven't been to that many 'big' gigs.

Seen some awesome live ones, like Boy & Bear at The Order of Melbourne. Seen some other amazing and shocking acts at open mics at The Espy and Brunswick Hotel etc. where I never bothered to learn the name of the bands/

occer

HSC
N/A
Only ever been to two gigs so far. I went to Editors this week and it was insane, I didn't expect them to be so awesome live.

The other one was Foo Fighters, who were awesome + QOTSA who were awesome + Angels and Airwaves who were a little meh + Motorhead who were a little ages + Juliette Lewis who sucked.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
best - the living end, killers, good charlotte, something with numbers, you am i, more i can't remember

worst - tenacious d (well for a few reasons, but i was majorly disappointed), cog, slow down honey, t'n't

philphie

Banned
HSC
you am i live would be fucking awesome with tim rogers off his head lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)