best and worst live bands (1 Viewer)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i've never really been to a gig where i out and out disliked the music.

so i'll just say that jarvis cocker is a million times better live than anything on record. he is an amazing man

pman

Banned
HSC
well, apparently cold chisel are crap live....back when they were younger a school near me used to get a live band once a term...the got bands such as dragon etc b4 they were famous, one term they had cold chisel and they were so crap they never got another live band

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Only ever been to two gigs so far. I went to Editors this week and it was insane, I didn't expect them to be so awesome live.

The other one was Foo Fighters, who were awesome + QOTSA who were awesome + Angels and Airwaves who were a little meh + Motorhead who were a little ages + Juliette Lewis who sucked.
Yum yum yum they are in my 'must watch before i die' top 3.

Very very very good: Franz Ferdinand and Moby
I-know-it's-embarrassing-but-they-had-an-entire-orchestra-on-stage-with-them-and-i-was-in-grade-9: Hilltop Hoods
Bad: Little Birdy, Fleet Foxes.

philphie

Banned
HSC
wow are you serious? fleet foxes are bad live? ,damn

philphie

Banned
HSC
i've only ever seen them live on video and they look great, but that might be the camera work i don't know

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Roisin Murphy, sufjan Stevens, Joanna newsom, Patrick wolf and sigur ros are all amazing

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Yum yum yum they are in my 'must watch before i die' top 3.

Very very very good: Franz Ferdinand and Moby
I-know-it's-embarrassing-but-they-had-an-entire-orchestra-on-stage-with-them-and-i-was-in-grade-9: Hilltop Hoods
Bad: Little Birdy, Fleet Foxes.

hilltop hoods are brilliant!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Well they were the first time i saw them, like, very brilliant.
However i saw them again this year and they weren't as good. A combination of not having their orchestra and back-up singers like they did the first time when they were into the whole re-strung thing, and their playlist wasn't as eclectic. I'm sure true Hoods fans would have loved it though.

P.S. can we please exclude sets seen on YouTube from this, THAT IS NOT A LIVE PERFORMANCE.

debts

HSC
N/A
good: arcade fire, crystal castles, lil jon
bad: somewhat animal collective, we are scientists

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yes I flamin' well am (because my name is Alf)

You're watching it on your computer at home: i.e. no sweat, atmosphere, crowd, charisma, sexual aura, substance-affliction: i.e. NOT a live show.

Also i have dial up because the fucking NBN won't get here fast enough therefore I am not going to watch that video but if Damien Rice is the Australian Idol winner I'm thinking of then i hope your totes sarcastic.

Oh P.S. I don't like their music but Future of the Left are HILARIOUS live.

"Someone just threw i fucking flip flop on stage. Has someone fucking lost their fucking flip flop?"

philphie

Banned
HSC
Yes I flamin' well am (because my name is Alf)

You're watching it on your computer at home: i.e. no sweat, atmosphere, crowd, charisma, sexual aura, substance-affliction: i.e. NOT a live show.

Also i have dial up because the fucking NBN won't get here fast enough therefore I am not going to watch that video but if Damien Rice is the Australian Idol winner I'm thinking of then i hope your totes sarcastic.

Oh P.S. I don't like their music but Future of the Left are HILARIOUS live.

"Someone just threw i fucking flip flop on stage. Has someone fucking lost their fucking flip flop?"

haha you're thinking of Damien Lieth, damien Rice is acoustic folk revival

JustinOCo

HSC
Bluejuice is freaking awesome live, I've seen them twice at just general shows they have (they are cheap as well)

And once soon to be twice at festivals, they are by far the best at their smallish own shows, just make sure you're in the front row

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)