• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best game of all time?? (1 Viewer)

Dumbledore

HSC
doesn't anyone here favour rts[real time strategy] games? you actually have to think rts games. like the best way to assult the opponent, and balance your creation of armies with gathering resources etc

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
doesn't anyone here favour rts[real time strategy] games? you actually have to think rts games. like the best way to assult the opponent, and balance your creation of armies with gathering resources etc
They are awesome.
I play Age of Empires, Age of Mythology (+titans), and now Age of Empires 3.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
They are awesome.
I play Age of Empires, Age of Mythology (+titans), and now Age of Empires 3.
AOE and AOM are pretty good.

Starcraft/Warcraft are awesome.

Also Diablo series.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
World in Conflict!!! Best story in a RTS ive ever played. Gotta get soviet Assault

Dawn of War Series was awesome.

COH is pretty good too.

For FPS, my favourite games would have to be:

Crysis, Gears of War, COD4, Stalker and FEAR

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
crysis wasnt that good, but i'd enjoy it more if i could run it on maxxx settings (because i like pretty things), gears of war was so awesome, as was first stalker, i'll buy the second stalker in uni holidays.

havnt played fear 1, but fear 2 was not bad, but not worth buying (good thing i didnt).

cod4 story was kinda boring and repetitive, will try out multiplayer once this semester finishes.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Yeh i agree crysis could have been better if it was longer.... a lot longer. I just upgraded the RAM in my computer and now it runs crysis great in XP :haha:

Still, there are a ton of mods that are coming out and about to come out on crysis, and a lot of them are like full length games, so when we can get the mods it will be like getting several games for the price of one. Some of the mods look really good too.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
i wish i had a high end graphics card in my laptop, instead of a medium end.
What card do you run. I want to upgrade my card but prolly can't afford it =\.

Hopes it good enough to run Operation Flashpoint 2

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
my laptop has 2.53ghz dual core centrino 2, 4gigs ram, and an ati mobility radeon hd 3650 (512mb), according to Notebookcheck: Notebook & Laptop Reviews and News this card comes under the medium end gaming category, and out of the 30 or so listed, this one's smack bang in the middle.

its pretty good for a laptop, i can run any game on the lowest settings, some stuff on high, like far cry 2 (no AA), but i'd like a better gfx card.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Perhaps you might want an actual desktop for gaming purposes? Otherwise you're gonna have to dish out huge $$$ for a gaming laptop..

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i am fully aware, i have no intention of dishing out $$$ for a gaming laptop, just saying i would like a better graphics card, but my current lappy does the job fine i guess.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Ahahaha I am so going to buy a fucking awesome graphics card after my HSC. Your graphics card > my desktop's graphics card atm.
:(

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
I think i need to do a motherboard upgrade first. My board is so crap. i'd love an x58 but couldn't afford both m/board and the i7 required but even a 680i would be awesome.

With a new board i can overclock my cpu :)

tommehdoors

HSC
my all time favs would hav to include

1: ffxii and x
2: GOW 1 and 2 !!
3: GT 4
4: Starcraft

And OMG they Are bringing out starcraft 2!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)