Big Day Out 2010 (1 Viewer)

jackydoll

HSC
I was there to listen to the music, not to get pissed up

Why drink alcohol on a scorching summer's day when it will just make you more dehydrated.

ZaraKu

HSC
I had one of the vodka slushies they were selling, which was quite refreshing. Not only were there dickhead bogan guys (one called me a stupid slut because I didn't want to dance in the Boiler Room with him, fag), there were also hoardes of little 16 year old girls with orange tans running around in bikinis or in bras.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i love how everyone is like "ugh the big day out crowd is just so revolting, so many gross slags at calvin harris" etc

its big day out. it's a revolting festival. before the sluts in crochet bikins it was bogans with australian flag capes (which im sure still exist) and before that there would have been some other faux pas stereotype that had the hipsters in skinny jeans and horn rims fuming.

go there with the expectation of being around drunk incoherent scumbags who listen to ministry of sound and you wont be so disappointed next time when you go and realise it wasn't an event where everyone sits around with their legs crossed eating cucumber sandwiches and talking about the artistic fundamentals of 1930s garage funk psychadelica

jackydoll

HSC
i love how everyone is like "ugh the big day out crowd is just so revolting, so many gross slags at calvin harris" etc

its big day out. it's a revolting festival. before the sluts in crochet bikins it was bogans with australian flag capes (which im sure still exist) and before that there would have been some other faux pas stereotype that had the hipsters in skinny jeans and horn rims fuming.

go there with the expectation of being around drunk incoherent scumbags who listen to ministry of sound and you wont be so disappointed next time when you go and realise it wasn't an event where everyone sits around with their legs crossed eating cucumber sandwiches and talking about the artistic fundamentals of 1930s garage funk psychadelica
I guess so *shrugs*

boganxcore

HSC
if only it could be like that :(

boganxcore

HSC
i think we should start a new festival
where bogans arent allowed and only intellectuals

~omg~

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
isnt this what laneway is for? as far as i am aware, bogans are still at a minimum at this festival and i have attended 4 (possibly 5) years in a row now

HSC
N/A
i ddnt think there were THAT many bogans/douchey people at the boiler room.

but then again i was just serving them and i wasnt actually out in the crowd.

so i can only give my point of view from behind the bar in the boiler room.

personally i had a great time :)

boganxcore

HSC
i dunno? i havent gone to laneway before

edit: the boiler room was the worst in terms of bogans
because music the bogans like was being played there

HSC
do yourself a favour and go to laneway next year, will completely eliminate any disillusionment you have with festivals

jackydoll

HSC
do yourself a favour and go to laneway next year, will completely eliminate any disillusionment you have with festivals
At least the tickets wouldn't really sell out in 10 minutes

But still, the musical experience of my first BDO was great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)