• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biggest Fashion Mistake??? (1 Viewer)

sja

dingleberry
HSC
zan zoon said:
no offense to anybody but i cant stand those new skater boy pant that are really tight around the bottem has anyone seen them . but then again i dont really like the baggy ass pants they wear either i think male fashion is so limited.
They're called unisex jeans. They usually go hand in hand with converse shoes to get the goofy/geeky look which is supposedly cool now. I also like them as well as checkered jumpers (see Seth coen from the OC for more of this look). chicks dig it, they think it looks cute and cool.

I think this winter I will be hitting them as well, but my quad's and legs are so much bigger from gym. stupid quads...

G

genavania

yeah they are skinny jeans there is like a whole nother thread about them.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
MiuMiu said:
Eek I had slut strands too, they weren't just like jelled bits of hair hanging down my face though, they were kinda wispy, for some reason I thought it looked better than having hair pulled completely off my face.

I was glad I never bought a pair of these but do you remember when those pants were in, the ones with the skirt sewn over the top? Like long black pants and a black mini skirt over the top.

Monster thigh central. Only the girls with the larger butts seemed to wear them and it really didn't help their cause.
HAHAH oh my god we had to wear them as part of our costume for one of my dances when i did dancing. HAHAHAH tragic.

as for fashion disasters i wore at my own will?? Leggings and joggers. BAHAHAHA

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
sja said:
They're called unisex jeans. They usually go hand in hand with converse shoes to get the goofy/geeky look which is supposedly cool now. I also like them as well as checkered jumpers (see Seth coen from the OC for more of this look). chicks dig it, they think it looks cute and cool.

I think this winter I will be hitting them as well, but my quad's and legs are so much bigger from gym. stupid quads...
Converse Suck.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
kathelle said:
Shut Up.

dickhead
ahahahahaaa you're BURNING :burn:

poor kathelle... poor cute little kathelle...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Does anyone remember H-Y-P-E-R-C-O-L-O-U-R ???

lol the clothes if they change temperature they also change colour?

Well that was my biggest fashion mistake

I had a hypercolour t shirt, hat, shorts, armband and SOCKS! the whole set and whats worse and i would wear them simultaneously

I used to think i was uber cool. I think that beats all of you

Also i used to have a brightly coloured (and somewhat sequened) rainbow vest that I would wear with my denim skirt under a white button up short sleeved shirt. Again i was oozing with coolness.

Always

HSC
When I was seven I got out the scissors and cut myself a fringe. My mum nearly had a heart attack.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
MiuMiu said:
I was glad I never bought a pair of these but do you remember when those pants were in, the ones with the skirt sewn over the top? Like long black pants and a black mini skirt over the top.
Yeah; I suspect I have 2 pairs of them...I wear them around my house when nobody is looking! I actually find them pretty comfy...my mother bought them for me in about year 5.

Actually to tell you the truth, up until year 5 I wore nothing but dresses. Like prissy things with frills and froth and ribbons. My cousin, a tomboy, used to pass all the clothes she didn't want onto me from...preschool...but the problem was, my growth was so sporadic that I literally wore the same set of clothes from year two until year five. Needless to say my peers' sense of fashion changed during those years but my mother's favourite clothes-related line, "we will buy you some new clothes once you outgrow these!" hehe...

Yeah I never grow. I have several sets of pj's that my parents bought me in year four which I am still wearing. They're substantially shorter though...I have some other crazy clothes stories to tell as well...I have a particular jumper that I've worn since year five. And up until year seven I could wear my "flowergirl" dress that I wore for someone's wedding in year one. And...go the cartoon undies and training bras! They're so comfy :)

On the other hand in year eight I had this identity crisis where I decided to stop wearing glasses and moved onto contact lenses. And then I went out shopping in kids' departments, but alone, instead of with my mother, and realised that there was a whole world of clothes out there that were a lot more revealing than the baggy jeans and t-shirts that I'd been given before...like 2002 was the Year of the Miniskirt. Then one day I wandered into an adult clothing store - Tightrope - and to my joy I could fit the tops! So it was also the Year of the Peasant Top...

Now I've come to the acceptance that miniskirts are not a good look on me. They emphasize the fact that my legs are abnormally short and out of proportion to my body. I stick to jeans, or ankle-length skirts :) which, when paired with heels, allow me to create optical illusions

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i used to have a problem (some would say i still do but well fuck them) with colour combinations. for some reason i thought bright purple and orange went well together, and there were quite a few other really bad colour combos i went around in...i must have looked colourblind. i remember having a pair of tie dyed rainbow overalls that were shorts, not long pants, do you know what i mean. those disgusting short overalls. and i would wear them with knee high black socks and mary janes. oh the horror. actually i really liked the look of knee socks back then. and the whole skirt and pants combination, and i had a thing with white stockings, i absolutely loved them. and ew, omg, my favourite outfit used to be this fleecy marroon jumper, bright blue skirt, white stockings and school shoes. the shame, the shame!!! this is really scary, remembering all this stuff. i went through a slut strand hair phase, combined with the whole ultra flared jeans and tight skanky tops look. argh, i used to voluntarily wear lycra bike shorts!!!! aaaaah!!!!! aaah the memories are flooding back, its terrifying. thank goodness i have a better sense of fashion now...

Lainee

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i used to have a problem (some would say i still do but well fuck them) with colour combinations. for some reason i thought bright purple and orange went well together, and there were quite a few other really bad colour combos i went around in...i must have looked colourblind. i remember having a pair of tie dyed rainbow overalls that were shorts, not long pants, do you know what i mean. those disgusting short overalls. and i would wear them with knee high black socks and mary janes. oh the horror. actually i really liked the look of knee socks back then. and the whole skirt and pants combination, and i had a thing with white stockings, i absolutely loved them. and ew, omg, my favourite outfit used to be this fleecy marroon jumper, bright blue skirt, white stockings and school shoes. the shame, the shame!!! this is really scary, remembering all this stuff. i went through a slut strand hair phase, combined with the whole ultra flared jeans and tight skanky tops look. argh, i used to voluntarily wear lycra bike shorts!!!! aaaaah!!!!! aaah the memories are flooding back, its terrifying. thank goodness i have a better sense of fashion now...
:rofl: That is hilarious!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
One of my favourite outfits used to be fluoro bike pants, an oversized tshirt, runners with puffy socks, and a bumbag (you know the pouch thing you wear around your front?).

Yeah, I was also a fan of the leggings and sloppy joe look.

kimmi06

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i remember having a pair of tie dyed rainbow overalls that were shorts, not long pants, do you know what i mean. those disgusting short overalls...
BAHAHA me too!!!! :rofl: Not sure what yours were like, but mine weren't denim- they were this weird...indescribable material...haha! When I was REALLY little I used to wear this rad reversible spotted dress that was blue and white, and I used to wear red stockings and a red skivvy with it. BAHAHA. I was too cool for school those days, I really was...

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
my worst era was the angsty punk teen stage i went through in year 10. I had barbie blonde hair, nose peircing and i used to wear those ball chain things that you could buy from surf shops at the time around my neck. Luckily it didnt last to long, it was quite sad

HSC
thecurtainfalls said:
4-5 years ago, when wearing skate shorts, school blouses with band patches, kids cartoon character watches and backpacks, and black and white checks were the "punk" thing to do.
oh fuck, definitely :eek:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I think the worst thing I ever had was a pair of 'happy pants'.. anyone remember those? Lovely bright rainbow-coloured pants which apparently made you feel happy when you wore them

yeah, they were my favourite pants when I was a little young'un

arrested development
HSC
kimmi06 said:
When I was REALLY little I used to wear this rad reversible spotted dress that was blue and white, and I used to wear red stockings and a red skivvy with it. BAHAHA. I was too cool for school those days, I really was...
That actually sounds really cool. I would totally wear something like that!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Always said:
When I was seven I got out the scissors and cut myself a fringe. My mum nearly had a heart attack.

Or my friend who in year 8 decided she didn't want a fringe anymore so she just cut it clean off.

She had funny little spiky bits for weeks. Whats worse is her mum was a hairdresser!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)