• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biggest Fashion Mistake??? (1 Viewer)

Always

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Or my friend who in year 8 decided she didn't want a fringe anymore so she just cut it clean off.

She had funny little spiky bits for weeks. Whats worse is her mum was a hairdresser!
haha!, that's too funny. She wins Worst Hair Disaster, hands down.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
if you saw a picture of me as a child you world swear you were watching a cross between picnic at hanging rock and an ahmish wedding ceremony.

think:
long, op shop style dress
limp long hair parted in the centre
straw hat with bow or flowers
opaque skin coloured tights
white runners

then as i grew older there was the age of the spice girls. in short, i turned into mini-slut.

think:
skank-hat on the side
slut strands
pedal pushers and a clashing denim mini over the top
cork platform wedges
midriff top

and now sometimes i look into the mirror and think "oh dear", like the boho vintage kate moss-esque thing really i tried to do didnt quite work out, but i usually dont notice until i get a strange look...

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Lundy said:
One of my favourite outfits used to be fluoro bike pants, an oversized tshirt, runners with puffy socks, and a bumbag (you know the pouch thing you wear around your front?).

Yeah, I was also a fan of the leggings and sloppy joe look.
haha omg, everything you said there was exactly my childhood
also demin overalls, both long and short..and did anyone ever have culottes (shorts that look like a skirt)? i had an overall pair of culottes too :eek: :p

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
when i was a kid, on the weekends all i wore were either leggings or bike pants with a baggy shirt or sloppy joe, with those thick bubble socks and joggers
haha high fashion that was
i even had some matching tshirt-bike pant sets

oh. my. god.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm hearing you all on the bike pants/baggy t-shirt look.

Floral bike pants, baggy shirt with teddy bears or flowers or something on it, puffy "push-down" socks, joggers, and a cap. Those were the days.

Leggy McLegs

HSC
aagh memories!

I had a bike pant set: orange shirt, black bike pants, reddy orangey cap with coloured plastic stone thingies on them.

Another fashion mistake: jeans with a yellow sewn line going down the side of the leg. I really hated them, but I was forced to wear them.

OH I hated having a fringe! When it got too long, my mum would cut like half of it off and then I'd have a short fringe... and for some reason, she didn't cut it straight. I'd look like a dork for weeks until it grew again, and then it was time for another cut. My friends also had this problem. I haven't had a fringe since year 2.

Red denim overalls were another fashion disaster. Actually, I liked them back then.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
my dads clients would always make me clothes
like i had this hilarious ruffly fluoro orange skirt, white tshirt with picture of flower and fabric paint and matching socks (all with fluoro fabric paint <3) :D oh man. theres a picture of it in my dad's study :eek:
and my grandma also made me wear these hideous dresses - like one with roses and lace all over it and white stockings, black mary-jane shoes and she would curl my hair and omg. i hated having my hair curled
some people from dad's work still make me clothes and stuff :S one lady makes these awesome knitted slippers. i wear them till they fall apart. lace ribbons so hot

meanwhile, the initial point of me writing in here was that today i saw some woman wearing the pants-and-skirt-on-top get-up and she wasn't really erm slim at all and she bent over and omg blue g-string. i had to avert my eyes for they had been soiled!!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ohh god the short overalls. i LOVED them. so much. my sister had some too. mum used to dress us like twins, even though we're 3 years apart :(. i was the 'blue' kid, and she got the pink stuff.

and yes i had like, 3 t-shirt/bike pants sets. how horrible.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
did anyone have those tees that had the whole bubble effect going on all over it?? i know here, EVERYONE had one..

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Shell said:
ohh god the short overalls. i LOVED them. so much. my sister had some too. mum used to dress us like twins, even though we're 3 years apart :(. i was the 'blue' kid, and she got the pink stuff.
Yeah my mum did the same thing to me and my sister. I was blue, she was pink.

arrested development
HSC
Shell said:
My grandma did that to my sister and I. Except I was the pink kid because pink was MY colour. I didn't let my sister own any pink things till she was about 8 years old (so by then I was 12), and I had a natural aversion to the colour blue. I cried when I got given blue rollerskates for my birthday one year.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
Fashion mistake.. I dont think there is one that I dread. I'd proly have to go with coin slot mega flare jeans.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Lainee said:
:p My mum did the same thing with my sister and I - except perhaps she was slightly more fashionable: twinsets, tutu skirts and pleated skirts. We had two sets of this gharlish pink and white striped (lollypop looking) dress, with a matching sailor hat and pink tie...
HAHAH eww wtf?

if i have two girls, even if they're actually twins, i would never dress them the same. its just mean.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ok. i actually think i've won this 'worst fashion disaster" contest. take a look at this. theres no real need to say which one i am, but im the kid in the social suicide JUMPSUIT or whatever the FUCK i am wearing, and the fluro yellow helmet. oh my god why the fuck did i dress like that?!?! more importantly... WHAT am i wearing?...

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/769/clothes0wv.jpg

G

genavania

did anyone else run about school like a little skank and go upside down on the monkey bars with ur dress coming up but say it was ok cos u had scungies on?

or was it just a my school thing

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
genavania said:
did anyone else run about school like a little skank and go upside down on the monkey bars with ur dress coming up but say it was ok cos u had scungies on?

or was it just a my school thing
LOL!! no we had the scungies!! like somehow, they were completely different to regular undies, and they were ok to be shown. :S:S no idea how that works. but i always wore bike pants under my school skirt in primary school. every friday arvo (sport day) when i walked hom, i'd whip off teh skirt and have the shirt and bike shorts. it looked so much cooler.

G

genavania

hahah and did u pplay that game girls do the curtsie boys do the bow boys go kis kiss girls go WOW and when u said that u would lift up ur dress.

so wrong

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i vaguely remember a little poem like that.

hahha ohh god ive been looking through old photo albums looking at the most hideous things my mother put me in. actually, more like, i INSISTED on wearing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)