• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

bogans with no jobs earn more than most of us will when we graduate (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Stop fucking deleting and changing your posts you annoying little scab.

-Anfernee-

HSC
boris said:
But I has a government job, half a uni degree and I don't even drink Bundy. Surely this outweighs the rest :confused:
lmao, half a degree, what a bogan!!

boris

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
I disagree. It is a waste of time and money to try to police how welfare recipients spend their money. In the end it is simply not workable. I pointed out in another thread how easy such checks would be to circumvent.

Go to a supermarket, buy a pack of gum and get $200 cash out, then spend the $200 on crystal meth. As far as the government knows you bought groceries. Even if you police it further and place limits of cash withdrawrals or implement food stamps, people can always buy goods that appear to be essentials like food, then resell them at a discount to their retail price.

Furthermore, I see no reason why welfare recipients can't enjoy some luxury items. For instance, if they were responsible parents who budgeted very carefully for many years until they saved enough money for a $2000 dog, who are we to tell them they can't buy it?
Well then I am confused.
You're basically saying oh well, they can squander their money (our money) because it's too hard to police.
I note you said earlier it's better for them to waste the money and provide some essentials, than it is to give them no money.. But I disagree. I can see it's not possible to withhold welfare payments, but what shits me about the situation is that even though theyre getting money, they're still squandering it and not providing essentials for the kids.

And I do take issue with welfare payments being used to buy luxury items. Why don't you just go and buy them their pet poodle Dom, it's basically the same thing.

I don't think it'd be too hard to police it a bit harder, they're just really good at out smarting a crippled system.

-Anfernee-

HSC
scarybunny said:
How many degrees do you have?

I'm well on my way to getting 2 degrees + postgrad qualifications and becoming an IB superstar.

What about you?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
I'm well on my way to getting 2 degrees + postgrad qualifications and becoming an IB superstar.

What about you?
'On my way', so the answer is zero.

You have zero degrees.

boris

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Cleary you find it repugnant that there are people wasting taxpayers money on luxury items and worse still liquor, gambling and drugs. I agree.

However, it would be foolish to let our emotional response to cause us to waste more money. The money spent on policing the system is just another drain on taxpayer's money. What benefits could it provide? Sure you'd catch a few people, but unless you cut their payments (which you've agreed is not a realistic solution) what can you do? The end result is more money being wasted.

The best way to deal with idiots like this is through existing agencies like DOCS and the police.

I think it would be extremely difficult and I have outlined why. You haven't addressed this because you can't. Can you propose a workable way of stopping people wasting welfare payments that couldn't be easily circumvented?
I can't personally, no. Not without sitting down and throwing in some ideas, but I haven't resigned myself to the idea that it's impossible.

-Anfernee-

HSC
boris said:
I can't personally, no. Not without sitting down and throwing in some ideas, but I haven't resigned myself to the idea that it's impossible.

I don't think it would be in the best interest of your "Bogan kind" to ponder such things. Just be happy with how things are going and the fact that you're getting away with exploiting the system. ;)

boris

Banned
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
I don't think it would be in the best interest of your "Bogan kind" to ponder such things. Just be happy with how things are going and the fact that you're getting away with exploiting the system. ;)
Yeah, ok guy.

WannaBang?

HSC
I is working hard for myy monni. You can't tell me I as cheatin' the government for their moniis, I is working a 9-5 job to feed my famile. And I is no bogan.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Katie, the thread title is massively misleading.

For a start, a couple on average grad salaries might earn marginally less than the $60,000 net that you have suggested, but that's only providing for [assumingly] two people. In my opinion, (whether its being spent wisely or not) the weekly allowance of around $33/person across 27 people is fair.

Maybe change the title to truer reflect what she's trying to argue, mods?

Im with Zimmer though, I don't think there's a realistic solution found in micro-managing how welfare funds are spent, for the same reason he mentioned.

EDIT: I think starting to look at the criteria to be eligible for payments, and restructuring the monitoring of both large and small welfare recipients, is a more viable solution.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
blue_chameleon said:

For a start, a couple on average grad salaries might earn marginally less than the $60,000 net that you have suggested, but that's only providing for [assumingly] two people. In my opinion, (whether its being spent wisely or not) the weekly allowance of around $33/person across 27 people is fair.

Im with Zimmer though, I don't think there's a realistic solution found in micro-managing how welfare funds are spent, for the same reason he mentioned.

EDIT: I think starting to look at the criteria to be eligible for payments, and restructuring the monitoring of both large and small welfare recipients, is a more viable solution.
Well said.

gpipirw22

HSC
N/A
Wow.
How did a discussion regarding bogans(lol) turn into a heated debate encapsulating personal vendettas for one another?

Look, Boris may or may not be a bogan, it depends on the circumstances, but could we try to focus a little more on the topic at hand?

You cannot generalise an entire class of people upon on situation or one portrayal by the media, you can say that more policing can be done- but i agree (with that person?) who states that this is merely wasting more tax payers money.

Does anybody have a solution?

boris

Banned
HSC
gpipirw22 said:
Wow.
How did a discussion regarding bogans(lol) turn into a heated debate encapsulating personal vendettas for one another?

Look, Boris may or may not be a bogan, it depends on the circumstances, but could we try to focus a little more on the topic at hand?

You cannot generalise an entire class of people upon on situation or one portrayal by the media, you can say that more policing can be done- but i agree (with that person?) who states that this is merely wasting more tax payers money.

Does anybody have a solution?
I have a solution.

Make me PM first.

boris

Banned
HSC
blue_chameleon said:

Leave the fucking thread title how it is.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
At least you said "most of us". I for one plan to be earning at least $60,000 at the end of a CS degree. Unless I go live in a hole like Perth or something where the starting salary is only like $50,000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)