bombed out in the trials. (1 Viewer)

GET FREE

HSC
Alternative entry?

This is probably a really unhelpful post, but if you're looking at a 90-something UAI I don't see any huge dramas.

I want to do Law at ANU and I'm looking at a 55 UAI. I'm pretty sure you're not going to die.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, like tommykins said, realistically, you'll have to do pretty good in the HSC exams if you wanna get your desired UAI. But apart from that, assess where you wenty wrong after you get your results and what you have to do with the ranks that you'll be in as well. Good luck :)

jessi90

HSC
lyounamu said:
To all those concerned, I have already said his post was sarcastic. And I provided some extra info if he was not one.
IDIOT

runnable

HSC
GET FREE said:
Alternative entry?

This is probably a really unhelpful post, but if you're looking at a 90-something UAI I don't see any huge dramas.

I want to do Law at ANU and I'm looking at a 55 UAI. I'm pretty sure you're not going to die.

55UAI? Err why?

shcottie

HSC
sleepplease said:
Hey guys,

I fucked up the trials - I left home, didn't sleep - took caffine pills, was such a mess and I know I've really badly bombed out. I havent got all my results back but it looks like i've gone from topping my subjects to being about average.

I want to get into Law at USYD.

at the begining of hte year my est was between 99.7 and 99.9, now if I do get around average in my subjects it will fall to 98.6 (these are really rough approximations)

my question is - is it possible to pring a uai up by a whole point between trials and hsc (obviously I wont make the same mistakes in terms of having somewhere to live, getting sleep, ebing in good health etc.) or is that not possible at this stage.

thanks.
Bro;

If you want to succeed, just chillax. I hate the work chillax, but you really need to take everything in moderation if you want to succeed - take loads of breaks and sleep! Sleep is fucking awesome, and you work at your best if you've had a good nights sleep. OH and stay away from caffine and energy drinks - they're just shitty chemicals that'll fuck up your system.

Anyway, if you don't get your desired UAI there's also second rounds and alternative entry - there are doctors out there that graduated with dismal UAIs but were so motivated they found alternative entries.

CHILLAX!

Nat3skiz

HSC
sleepplease said:
Hey guys,

I fucked up the trials - I left home, didn't sleep - took caffine pills, was such a mess and I know I've really badly bombed out. I havent got all my results back but it looks like i've gone from topping my subjects to being about average.

I want to get into Law at USYD.

at the begining of hte year my est was between 99.7 and 99.9, now if I do get around average in my subjects it will fall to 98.6 (these are really rough approximations)

my question is - is it possible to pring a uai up by a whole point between trials and hsc (obviously I wont make the same mistakes in terms of having somewhere to live, getting sleep, ebing in good health etc.) or is that not possible at this stage.

thanks.
yeh man just whip alot of ass in the HSC final exams and you'll be fine.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
Aw sheeeeeit. I'm finding it tough to get my crappy 83.5, stop winging about 98.0-99.5

HSC
lyounamu said:
You are a disgrace now. I don't really get your sarcastic post here. Just in case you are not sarcastic, HSC is not everything. It's only a minor challenge out of all other challenges that we will have to face in future. Doing it well in the challenge will prove useful in future but it won't necessary determine your future.
i'd hate to say this namu, but this post has totally changed my perception of you. you are an idiot.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Namu means well. He's a nice kid.
But sometimes he gets a bit ahead of himself.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
jasonml said:
Aw sheeeeeit. I'm finding it tough to get my crappy 83.5, stop winging about 98.0-99.5
lol, thats the uai i need for my 1st uni preference. dont worry, its not THAT hard to get

penhensurfer

HSC
To the op, commlaw at usyd is a litte overhyped. Still if its a must-have, you can always do what I did - 97 uai, 1st year transfer from commerce to commlaw.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The UAI for a particular course is calculated thusly:

relative prestige * difficulty * 10

where relative prestige is an index from 0.01 (UWS Arts) to 1.00 (USyd Law or UNSW Med)

and difficulty is on a scale from 1 (UWS Arts) to 10 (UNSW Med/Arts or USyd Space Engineering)

so that a UAI adequately reflects both how hard a course is, and how prestigious it is.

Next in my series of educational posts: The UAI is a percentage...

Last edited:

jamesboyd9

HSC
My god, everyone calm down. Its only your HSC, its not like it matters in the slightest. I'm hoping for an 80+ UAI, though I could easily get 99+ if I cared enough (I've spent most of my school years coming around first in all my classes, without ever studying). But fuck that, I'll just go with what I get. I'll be happy either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)