BOS f@#king with our minds? (1 Viewer)

Studymates

HSC
the 1 markers in the maths exam screwed me up
i spent so bloody long on q1-4 (1hr20) that i literally had no time for the rest
it made me like so depressed,coming back telling your parents that you failed after they go and take you out to a restaurant to celebrate the end of maths!
because usually i'm like getting 70+/84 in all maths exam but under the timed conditions and the stress i just stuffed up :(
even 4U was rigged, i spent so bloody long on 1-3 that i virtually only got like 10 marks out of 4-8 :(
--->BOS please die, and sack the exam makers for this year just like they did in the early 90's <---

Chambalam

HSC
The chances of someone preparing an essay specifically to do with how the ending of a text relates to the whole is incredibly incredibly small. Those who regurgitated essays probably didn;t directly answer the question and will be marked accordingly.
I made vague model answers for about 22 different Hamlet essays, which included one saying discuss the statement 'the key to Hamlet is its fitting conclusion.'

As I was walking towards the exam room, I was discussing with my friend 'remember, they can ask you about how important the climax is, or the conclusion is, in relation to the rest of the play.'

But you mean, the people that literally only had one prepared essay, which was about the conclusion were 'lucky', not anyone that was prepared for it?

Chambalam

HSC
the 1 markers in the maths exam screwed me up
i spent so bloody long on q1-4 (1hr20) that i literally had no time for the rest
it made me like so depressed,coming back telling your parents that you failed after they go and take you out to a restaurant to celebrate the end of maths!
because usually i'm like getting 70+/84 in all maths exam but under the timed conditions and the stress i just stuffed up :(
even 4U was rigged, i spent so bloody long on 1-3 that i virtually only got like 10 marks out of 4-8 :(
--->BOS please die, and sack the exam makers for this year just like they did in the early 90's <---
I know its irrelevant now, but thats why you should do the exam in sweeps. If you get it, do it, cross it off - if you don't, forget it, don't cross it off and try again on the second sweep.

I didn't do question 7a or the tail end of circle geometry in my first sweep - but I did on my second. If i would of sat there working through the ones that stumped me a little the first time around, I probably would of run out of time too :(

I think that was the key to that exam - i mean, sure 3U was hard, but it wasn't ground-breaking-ly hard. It was just long! It didn't seem too bad compared to 2008 or 2009 - about the same. Yet, I normally finish a 3U paper in exams in about 1 hour, maybe a few minutes over. But I was still working up until pens down :\

mirakon

nigga
HSC
My friend only studied the last scenes and 'owned it'. But the question asked you to relate the last scenes to the rest of the play.
If your friend only studies the last scenes, he will not own it because you have to fit in the conclusion to the rest of the play, ergo you have to refernce the whole play.

Studymates

HSC
Anyone else been chatting with friends about 40 seconds after an exam - and then just thinking 'what the hell am i doing' and walk away? :p
yeah that's why after the exam is finished i hate to talk about the exams coz i then realise i shit i did

If your friend only studies the last scenes, he will not own it because you have to fit in the conclusion to the rest of the play, ergo you have to refernce the whole play.
IMO i actually liked the question but i hated that they chose our texts for us.

Skriker

HSC
haha i hated missing out on laptops. and to make it even worse our school made us catalogue each of the laptops the year below us would receive. i wanted to steal one. :)
WE ARE THE END OF THIS GENERATION :/ .........and its because we may be entering a new one xD :) so we should be proud to be one of the last people in this generation :) haha

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
BoS is not evil!!! you '11 kids deserved to get trolled :D

dw, there's always UWS!!! hektic uni!!!

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
I think we're the experimental year. Our cohort had selective moved to 16th March for the first time in history. We also had to undertake 5 standardized exams in 4 years -> ELLA + SNAP + ESSA in year 7-8, NAPLAN in year 9 (we're the first year 9's to do NAPLAN), school certificate. We even missed out the laptops. And then what do we get next? A pretty shitty HSC english paper, as well as a pretty hard 3U paper.

I wonder what happened to us... did this happen all coincidentally?
No, even your teachers say we're the "guinea pigs" for the DET.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
Funny I remember two years ago my year all thought the same thing. Back in my day there was a huge controversy over the belonging paper only asking for one ORT when everyone expected two. And the one unit SOR exam was completely screwed! My point is everyone thinks their year has it the worst off when in the end everyone is in the same boat and the kids who prepare do the best. Plan to be flexible, if you see something unexpected take a deep breath and quickly brainstorm ideas, write all over the question, highlight the key words and always refer back to the question!

D94

HSC
N/A
Funny I remember two years ago my year all thought the same thing. Back in my day there was a huge controversy over the belonging paper only asking for one ORT when everyone expected two. And the one unit SOR exam was completely screwed! My point is everyone thinks their year has it the worst off when in the end everyone is in the same boat and the kids who prepare do the best. Plan to be flexible, if you see something unexpected take a deep breath and quickly brainstorm ideas, write all over the question, highlight the key words and always refer back to the question!
Whilst I agree with you on the whole, if you've seen the papers, they've been pretty unique to our year. Asking for one RT is hardly a controversy, and the 2009 SOR exam wasn't really that difficult or strangely written like the 2011 exam (S2 focused solely on the individual/group; S3 had a quote which had to have several linkages before seeing some relevant link with the question asked).

Last year was pretty good though, and there wasn't much complaint so to speak, and the 2010 students at my school did pretty well.

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
At my school, my year has been the guinea pigs for everything. Thankfully, most of our 'experiments' have turned out ok, except for that one year 6 camp, where we were the only year to not go to canberra.
Never completed an entire past paper on any subject, doing fairly well in comparison to my year.
Never regurgitated a prepped essay in any exam, made everything up on the spot. Thankful for module b excerpt for orwell, otherwise i might have failed that.
I should be getting much lower marks than i should be, considering the minimal study i do for pretty much anything.
I honestly didn't think the exams (so far) were that hard at all.
PS: I'll probably look back in a week and eat those words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)