• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Brands you hate, and why :) (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
comeasyouare said:
And perhaps we should ban windows/macos and make everyone install linux on their computers. I mean, only people who are intelligent enough and spend 16 hours out of every day sitting in front of their computer should be able to harness its power, right?
Or maybe remove nutritional information from packaging. After all, only people with a phd in nutrition deserve to be healthy.
Or maybe we should abolish individual course cutoffs and set a blanket 99.00 for getting into uni. Uni is meant to be for intelligent people, isn't it?
Just because people don't devote their lives to keeping up with the latest fashion trends doesn't mean they can't look good. I'd suggest if you're so funky you'd have a completely unique style to anyone else anyway, and the chances of these fashion stores seeing you and copying your clothing are limited if you're the only one wearing it. Otherwise maybe you're just copying someone else who's equally pissed off at you for doing it.
I'm not funky... I'll tell everyone that now, its the whole thing with the accessibility of the look... I don't think you guys see my point... Funky is funky because few people know how to achieve the look! If we're handing out the look on a platter, its no longer funky, its dull and sterile! These people DO NOT look good (IMO), they look like clones!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
No, the funky look is that of no name polos and vintage blazers! Stuff you find in OpShops which, as I said, is a really hard look to put together.

People are able to just walk into a random Urban Store and pull off the shelf a look designed for them, complete with a NEW blazer thats been styled to look vintage!! I mean, WTF is that?! If you're gonna wear vintage, do it right!

Its not that it should be expensive, I mean, its not liked D&G or RL exactly make funky clothes, there stuff is a little more styalish, funky is the newtown/inner city look, not something you can pick up from Parra, Livo, Campbeltown, Castle Hill, and its the same everywhere!!

/rant
Isn't newtown infested with asian gangsta wannabes?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
newtown is infested with art house emo fags dude

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
some supre stuff is OK. i have one of those shirts with a supre quote that says
"boys are like scissors, some arent very sharp" on it. but it took me sooooo long to get it before i bought it, becos i thought i understood it but i was like, no this is in supre it has to hav a sexual connontation. i couldnt think of any while i stood staring at it for a long time, so i bought it, and now my friend has it, becos whenever i read it ppl tease me and say its covering up my own "unsharpness" but im smart arent i..... where is jkd?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i dont like surf and skater brands
i hate clothes that are over priced because of a stupid brand name on them
that sometimes isnt even visible
i hate people who are obssessed with brand names like my sisters friends who buy and wear everything roxy billabong..quicksilver..mambo etc
its like get over it..
even tho i went through that phase with sports brands...surf/skate brands and then shopbrands
now i get over it and if i like it i buy it
like my sister wont buy a pair of jeans from kmart or target coz they dont have a brand on them..its so annoying..but we all go thru it i guess

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Surf/skate brands have become way too pricy lately, thus why i buy most of my stuff when i go overseas.

Got a few local brands from philippines and like them now.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
<3 newtown shopping

glebe markets too. id say at least 50% of my clothes are from there.

*climb back under emo rock*

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
yes they do.

(to others) what's wrong with emos? :confused: emos are cool. think seth ;)

HSC
ihavenothing said:
Oh shit, lets roar up the dumpster for my shortlist of labels better used as oil rags or firewood:

Burberry
I'm presuming that you're thinking about fake Burberry you get from Paddy's for $5. Otherwise you need updating on Burberry.

Burberry is one of the traditional English fashion houses. And they're not just limited to their classic beige tartan design. Check out their new Prorsum range - Red/Pink, White, Yellow and Green Vibrancy!!

Having said that, every man should own a checkered Burberry tie.

rumour

HSC
minushuman said:
So why do young Australian girls pay 60bux for Von Dutch hats I ask you??
It's more like $100.

I don't have a brand I hate, at the moment!!!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I'm presuming that you're thinking about fake Burberry you get from Paddy's for $5. Otherwise you need updating on Burberry.

Burberry is one of the traditional English fashion houses. And they're not just limited to their classic beige tartan design. Check out their new Prorsum range - Red/Pink, White, Yellow and Green Vibrancy!!

Having said that, every man should own a checkered Burberry tie.
ha! a burberry scarf is 600 dollars already!!!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I totally hate people who deck out in fake Burberry and Louis... Really, its gotten to a point where there is no point in buying real LV or Burberry cause EVERYONE owns fakes and no one recognises that they're real!! ERGH!
im assuming youve got a real one? :p

HSC
Sarah168 said:
ha! a burberry scarf is 600 dollars already!!!
... having said that, every girl should own a burberry bag... I buy the Blue Label (non-leather, not the highest rate... but hey, its affordable, around $300 a bag?)

Orange Juice said:
im assuming youve got a real one? :p
I think you might be surprised.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
minushuman said:
Whenever i see someone wearing a Von Dutch shirt I can't help but boil with rage. I see 12 year old girls walking around with Von Dutch stuff on with absolutely no idea about the history of what they're wearing!!!

Von Dutch was a racist drunk who spraypainted car's for a living, he is not someone to be idolised!! Yes his designs were awesome, but the man was an absolute pig. Von Dutch and his designs were all over america, his famous flying eyeball painted on thousands of cars, but Dutch despised the wealthy, he lived barely above the poverty line although with his talent he could of easily made a lot of cash. His skank daughters started the clothes line to exploit his name so that they could become filthy rich spoilt sluts like the hilton's.

So why do young Australian girls pay 60bux for Von Dutch hats I ask you??

And that's why i hate the Von Dutch brand. I'd love to hear other peoples stories of why a certain brand shits them off :)

omg i didnt realise about it....

brands i hate, my fingers point at supre
i dont care who shops there
i just hate its designs and brands
cheap and for lil 13 year olds who think they are sexy with cheap ass clothes,
that's the store i stay away from, no matter what westfields its from, i never
enter that store, only my sister, well that's how 15 year olds are
the clothes get worn out in less than a month,
and whatever says on the shirts are old,
most of these shirts with writing on it, its so old
example; im a virgin, but this is a old shirt
or "i love the O.C" etc

lalaurenisme

HSC
If a brand makes an item of clothing that looks good and non-pretentious, both as a standalone item and on the specific person, I'm fine with that.

But if it doesn't, there's nothing worse. Simple as that.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Cheap imitation that's unique in it's own way but still looks good: GOOD
Complete ripoff of the real thing at discount prices: BAD
I'm saying that yeah it's cool if taracash or yd. make their own stuff that rivals Politix or Industrie but I don't like the exact design copied with cheap material sold at bargain prices. Like Will_Sparky said it takes away from the image that is the Brand and some like to invest in the more expensive stuff occasionally without it being ruined by the copycats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)