Brands you hate, and why :) (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

AtticusFinch said:
Quicksilver for a very good reason
I like Quicksilver just on the merit that their clothes are cool. All their shirts are similarish, but I have a lot of their stuff. Not too $$$, either, which is good too.

I suppose your reason for not liking their brand is far more valid than anyone elses here, and I have to say thanks for telling that story- I'll consider buying other brands next time I step into a store. :)

X

xeuyrawp

withoutaface said:
Industrie. I bought a $16 polo from Lowes today that looked better than their ugly striped ones.
Well said. Lowes actually has some nice polos. I can say (with only a bit of shame), that I do dress pretty well, but I really hate spending lots of money on clothes, so I like to get nice cheap stuff from target, lowes, etc. Especially if what you're looking for is something plain or with simple stripes or patterns. But I always get away with a cheapie! The only expensive clothes I've got are my work shirts and ties, and a suit.

I prefer to spend money on books rather than clothes. How very un-gay of me (for 2 reasons): edit: oops, that was very rude:D

fillstar

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
No, the funky look is that of no name polos and vintage blazers! Stuff you find in OpShops which, as I said, is a really hard look to put together.

People are able to just walk into a random Urban Store and pull off the shelf a look designed for them, complete with a NEW blazer thats been styled to look vintage!! I mean, WTF is that?! If you're gonna wear vintage, do it right!

Its not that it should be expensive, I mean, its not liked D&G or RL exactly make funky clothes, there stuff is a little more styalish, funky is the newtown/inner city look, not something you can pick up from Parra, Livo, Campbeltown, Castle Hill, and its the same everywhere!!

/rant
For the other 98% of other people out there, most people like the fact they can get a good look (no matter how mass produced it is) with convienience and not having to dig around in an op shop with their friends.

Excluding the 'mainstream brands' do guys have much choice compared to women's clothes? Not at all.

As you said, finding the right bits is extremely hard so why bother?

X

xeuyrawp

fillstar said:
For the other 98% of other people out there, most people like the fact they can get a good look (no matter how mass produced it is) with convienience and not having to dig around in an op shop with their friends.

Excluding the 'mainstream brands' do guys have much choice compared to women's clothes? Not at all.
Agreed. Looking really shmick is much harder for guys, unless you're a size 28 faggy male, which I'm not.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
Will_Sparky said:
No, the funky look is that of no name polos and vintage blazers! Stuff you find in OpShops which, as I said, is a really hard look to put together.

People are able to just walk into a random Urban Store and pull off the shelf a look designed for them, complete with a NEW blazer thats been styled to look vintage!! I mean, WTF is that?! If you're gonna wear vintage, do it right!

Its not that it should be expensive, I mean, its not liked D&G or RL exactly make funky clothes, there stuff is a little more styalish, funky is the newtown/inner city look, not something you can pick up from Parra, Livo, Campbeltown, Castle Hill, and its the same everywhere!!

/rant
hahahahah you sound like such a wanker

X

xeuyrawp

Asy said:
newtown is infested with art house emo fags dude
Skinny, malnourished, art house fags; that all smell of smoke or too much cologne.

Espo15 said:
hahahahah you sound like such a wanker
heh, well said. I do talk about fashion, be he/she sounds like a pretentious rich jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I hate FCUK so im glad i dont live in Sydney.
I dont like fake louis vuitton because i have a real bag and it annoys me when people think it is fake. Its not the FAKENESS of the bags i hate, its more their ubiquitous nature.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
GUESS is such a shit brand. some of their bags (and the luggage range) are just blantant imitations of gucci (the G monogram looks the same) and a range from the last season looks like Dior. Other bags just looks really shit and plastic-y. Don't even get me started on the bags with a photo of Paris hilton feeling herself up.
it's fake but branded, whatever that means. and they're not very well made compared to other bags around its price range (it's heaps cheaper than "designer bags" but at ~$170 you can do better)

and that's just the bags. the clothes sizing is very unrealisitic, and even then, not that nice.
the watches are boring, the jewellery is ugly. everything has TACKY written all over it yet people think it's a "brand". and now they're opening a concept store in chatswood i think i am going to die.

X

xeuyrawp

Toodulu said:
GUESS is such a shit brand. some of their bags (and the luggage range) are just blantant imitations of gucci (the G monogram looks the same) and a range from the last season looks like Dior. Other bags just looks really shit and plastic-y. Don't even get me started on the bags with a photo of Paris hilton feeling herself up.
it's fake but branded, whatever that means. and they're not very well made compared to other bags around its price range (it's heaps cheaper than "designer bags" but at ~$170 you can do better)

and that's just the bags. the clothes sizing is very unrealisitic, and even then, not that nice.
the watches are boring, the jewellery is ugly. everything has TACKY written all over it yet people think it's a "brand". and now they're opening a concept store in chatswood i think i am going to die.
I've noticed that too, and I rarely notice anything about female clothes. It's a shame, considering they used to be the iconic jean company they were in like the 60s and 70s

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I hate brands like french connection united kingdom (fcuk). I just don't think its that funny. And Im not going to pay however much for fuck to be mispelt on my top/any other article of clothing. Because that is the supposed attraction isn't it?

Anyways the point is I'm not a fan..

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
jebbie said:
I hate brands like french connection united kingdom (fcuk). I just don't think its that funny. And Im not going to pay however much for fuck to be mispelt on my top/any other article of clothing. Because that is the supposed attraction isn't it?

Anyways the point is I'm not a fan..

i never knew thats what fcuk meant

i always thought it was some uber cool brand which used a very naughty word :(

X

xeuyrawp

thejosiekiller said:

They've been around for ages, but only recently have they pushed the "fcuk fashion". Granted, that slogan's cool, but the whole fcuk your mum stuff annoys the hell out of me.

jebbie

HSC
thejosiekiller said:

I don't find that hard to believe, I think thats what everyone believes. It actually stemmed from French Connection. They had a United Kingdom Store and other international stores and so there would be FCUK FCHK (Hong kong) FCA (im assuming for America) and so on. And FCUK was so funny or something random they us that now. I dont think its terrifically funny and so yes.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
french connection united kingdom your mom is one move you will not find in the karma sutra
lol

my dad reckons he's heaps funny cause he calls it 'french united connection kingdom"

wow :rolleyes:, oh so funny.

jebbie

HSC
markmooks said:
You should visit the Docklands in Melbourne, there is a 50 mt high warehouse wall there with FCUK emblazoned across it, you can see it for miles away. Best seen on the way in from Tullamarine airport on the Skybus.
Yes, well your obvious humour or lack there of, shows exactly why those sorts of slogans appeal to you and not to me.

I guess there are different audiences and they probably get alot of money out of their stock. But Im not really caring..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)