Breaking the law or: how I learned to stop worrying and dressing like a 14 year old (1 Viewer)

Dream-Big

HSC
Uni Grad
I am aware if I don't bring a valid ticket with me, I will get fined.
But what if I don't bring a valid ticket with me the 2nd time, will I get sent to jail?
I don't wanna disobey the law but it's my only option because:
1. I'm not gonna buy the "adult ticket" because I have to pay twice as much as the amount as the "student ticket"
2. I'm eligible for concession but I''m still not allowed to get concession. [The people who give students concession] won't give me concession no matter what.
3. I believe my chances of getting asked to show them my ticket is very slim.
4. It may be a good idea to get a job to make up for this problem but I'm strictly forbidden to talk about money.
5. Most importantly, I don't wanna waste my parents effort on money.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Breaking the law for my own good - I don't care

But what if I don't bring a valid ticket with me the 2nd time, will I get sent to jail?
1. I'm not gonna buy the "adult ticket" because I have to pay twice as much as the amount as the "student ticket"
2. I'm eligible for concession but I''m still not allowed to get concession. [The people who give students concession] won't give me concession no matter what.
4. It may be a good idea to get a job to make up for this problem but I'm strictly forbidden to talk about money.
just buy it... it's not alot.. you can get train10 for a cheaper price

Dream-Big

HSC
Uni Grad

I need advice. Will I get sent to jail/prison for not having concession after the 2nd time?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah you will - you'll end up at Goulburn Prison in solitary confinement

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC

"Dream big and u can escape ticket fees."-

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC

as if they would fill up prisons with people who practice fare evasion...such a waste of space in a prison, where more serious felonies happen lol

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC

I heard they're bringing back the death penalty just for fare evasion

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC

your sig makes it so much better, idk why

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

just buy it... it's not alot.. you can get train10 for a cheaper price
Is there such thing? I thought there was only bus10

Lol

@OP you know you can just say "student return to central or whatever" and they'll give it to you. I've onl had to take my concession card out from my wallet like twice. And yes OP I do share your concern, paying $6.80 for a return x5 days a week x about 40 times a year = ~$1400 for child, double that for an adult

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

what's the reason for 2. ?

Dream-Big

HSC
Uni Grad

I got an early offer from uni. I did a small mistake when I enrolled online. I accidentally forgot to enrol into my sem 2 subjects, hence either I only get concession for 6 months or I go home, enrol into my sem 2 subs and come back another day to get concession for the full year. I came back another day and explained to a staff member I got my ID card but not my concession and I asked him is it possible that I join the queue only to get concession. He just said to me "Come back on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday" which, I assume, he is politely telling me "You will never get concession".

I either find a job at McDonalds and buy a full adult ticket or I risk an offence and buy a student ticket. If I risk this, will I go to jail the 2nd time?

what's the reason for 2. ?

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

I got an early offer from uni. I did a small mistake when I enrolled online. I accidentally forgot to enrol into my sem 2 subjects, hence either I only get concession for 6 months or I go home, enrol into my sem 2 subs and come back another day to get concession for the full year. I came back another day and explained to a staff member I got my ID card but not my concession and I asked him is it possible that I join the queue only to get concession. He just said to me "Come back on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday" which, I assume, he is politely telling me "You will never get concession".

I either find a job at McDonalds and buy a full adult ticket or I risk an offence and buy a student ticket. If I risk this, will I go to jail the 2nd time?
o_O

Confound

HSC

Lol get a job at Sydney train Customer Service Attendant like me and all train fares will be free :p saves me a whole lot on transport

Alkanes

HSC

Just make sure you don't drop the soap when you're in prison.

Emily Howard

HSC

ffs id take dat as DA QUEUES R FUKING LONG U SPEND 5EVA WAITING

or at least dats how it was fo me wen i was at uni

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad

If you are caught OP, my friends normally act innocent and act like you've lost your wallet so they'll probably let you off with a warning. Also normally places with ticket booths don't have security unless its the city or somewhere similar so shadow instead of jumping.

Dream-Big

HSC
Uni Grad
How to dress up as a 14 year old?

I ask because since I don't think I will get the concession card because the concession people would not let me get one. I know thought that if I would dress up as a 14 year old, I will not get noticed by the train staff people who check tickets on arrivals. I heard there is a lot of staff checking tickets during peak hour at both Parramatta and Central station.

I got an early offer from University just days ago, but I'm unable to get concession because the people are mean.

I would then like to dress up as a 14 year old so staff can think I'm not a university student.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dream-Big

HSC
Uni Grad

I don't want to get caught.

Should I dress up as a 14 year old so that staff checkers won't be able to detect me? Look at my new thread

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)