Cadetships 2016 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectgrad

HSC
N/A
If you want to find out about cadetships or scholarship/Co-op contact us at Perfect grad. www.perfectgrad.com.au

We can help you through the whole process.

We have network with all the big 4 and many mid tier firms.

We can give you the edge you need to get into one of these programs.

sleepykoala

HSC
N/A
UBS cadetship are starting to send back responses (the professional cadetship people) unfortunately I didn't get in but I hope some of you did! Check your junk folder because it can turn up there.

sleepykoala

HSC
N/A
HLB(Sydney) have started sending back responses. If anyone has applied check your emails.

akkatracker

HSC
Does anyone know whether there are any engineering cadetships (non civil) that are going around for High School Leavers atm? Or Finance/Commerce ones that will take Double Degrees with Engineering?

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Does anyone know whether there are any engineering cadetships (non civil) that are going around for High School Leavers atm? Or Finance/Commerce ones that will take Double Degrees with Engineering?
Some places care about the fact that you are only doing a single degree (straight commerce), some places don't care. I told my interviewer straight up that my first choice was commerce+engo (and also gave them a reason why it was like that) and they said that they didn't care as long as you were at least doing commerce. This happened at two places!

My case is just slightly difference because I did my interview end of December, so it was after i submitted my choices to UAC so there wasn't that much to do lol (I thought all chances of getting a cadetship was gone after the main period). But I did mention that if it was an issue, I would be happy to transfer to straight commerce.

In regards to engineering, I don't think places offer that until you're well into uni, not sure when. But I can say that some accounting firms don't care if you're doing a double or single degree as long as you can graduate with a commerce degree, and then go on to do CA (usually expected).

etxpy

HSC
N/A
Anyone do the BDO video interviews yet? Links were sent out recently. Also has anyone heard back from EY following the two online assessments?

alexsyd

HSC
I did the EY SHL personality test 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. Judging by previous years I don't think I will hear back from them until after the 17th of June when the applications closes.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask the question(maybe I should create new thread) but this is for the mature cadets or anyone is general;on your first day of work were you scared or overwhelmed ?,what were you feeling feeling at that point of time ? and when you're at work do you use the knowledge you learn at uni or is it just simple admin task such as photocopying and etc ?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask the question(maybe I should create new thread) but this is for the mature cadets or anyone is general;on your first day of work were you scared or overwhelmed ?,what were you feeling feeling at that point of time ? and when you're at work do you use the knowledge you learn at uni or is it just simple admin task such as photocopying and etc ?
Scared? No, they made us feel welcome and I was excited and ready to gogogo, not so much overwhelmed, it was a pretty relaxing session first day, with admin stuff to get through, meeting new people, and general basics of the firm etc..

Basics of accounting at uni? Definitely, otherwise the rest is on the job training and special training days/weeks

You'll be prone to doing photocopying no matter where you go once in a while, but I guess it's just more prevalent in smaller firms or firms which still primarily work with paper.

Last edited:

etxpy

HSC
N/A
Did you do the other online assessment? Numeracy, comprehension and abstract shapes?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Even though your job isn't to scan files or photocopy files, if you're working on an engagement where you are the most junior person (which you are) it'll be your job to handle that stuff. That being said, it isn't like it'll be a day-to-day task. This only applies when the situation arises.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Even though your job isn't to scan files or photocopy files, if you're working on an engagement where you are the most junior person (which you are) it'll be your job to handle that stuff. That being said, it isn't like it'll be a day-to-day task. This only applies when the situation arises.
Yeah this ^

Expect sometimes I can delegate this shit now since im not the most junior

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed. The logistics stuff is only a very minor part of your day to day role.

And before anyone asks, no you don't get coffee for your boss. (unless you're all taking turns at it)

LUCKY1

HSC
Anyone do the BDO video interviews yet? Links were sent out recently. Also has anyone heard back from EY following the two online assessments?
Hi have you got two online assessments from EY? how come I just got one personality assessment. Only 15 questions.

akkatracker

HSC
Some places care about the fact that you are only doing a single degree (straight commerce), some places don't care. I told my interviewer straight up that my first choice was commerce+engo (and also gave them a reason why it was like that) and they said that they didn't care as long as you were at least doing commerce. This happened at two places!

My case is just slightly difference because I did my interview end of December, so it was after i submitted my choices to UAC so there wasn't that much to do lol (I thought all chances of getting a cadetship was gone after the main period). But I did mention that if it was an issue, I would be happy to transfer to straight commerce.

In regards to engineering, I don't think places offer that until you're well into uni, not sure when. But I can say that some accounting firms don't care if you're doing a double or single degree as long as you can graduate with a commerce degree, and then go on to do CA (usually expected).
Thanks mate, not too keen to lock myself into accounting yet without actually checking it out at Uni (heard mixed reports about it being boring and not dynamic).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks mate, not too keen to lock myself into accounting yet without actually checking it out at Uni (heard mixed reports about it being boring and not dynamic).
Uni accounting is unfortunately quite dry but unless you appreciate the foundations, it's very hard to do some of the other stuff.

etxpy

HSC
N/A
IB internships or Big 4 cadetship? Aspirations are in financial services (I only see the Big 4 as a way of gaining professional experience for a year or two).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)