car driver causes cyclist crash (1 Viewer)

Matt Samson

HSC
I don't condone what he did.

But I think it is quite stupid for cyclists to ride on a major road like that.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Matt Samson said:
On bikeways and not an express way.

Would they be riding like that on Parramatta Road?
There are only limited bike paths, and they have to many sharp bends, where you have to slow down lots.

Not quite sure what Parramatta Road is like.

Matt Samson

HSC
me121 said:
Not quite sure what Parramatta Road is like.
There are just some places where it is dangerous and stupid to ride a push bike.

Here is a picture of Parramatta Road:

Not the same road that this happened, but just an example of how not all roads are acceptable areas for 50+ bike riders to be having a day out!

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Matt Samson said:
Here is a picture of Parramatta Road:

LOL.. that road looks like the traffic is moving pretty slow, in which case, bikes or no bikes wouldn't make a difference.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Good on the guy. Cyclists have no business taking up an entire lane during peak hour.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Good on the guy. Cyclists have no business taking up an entire lane during peak hour.
If there are 60 of them they should. Where do you suggest they go, the gutter? The road is there to share. If they didn't take a whole lane, then cars would try to squeeze past and that is incredibly dangerous.

Your reasoning is not valid, cause I could equally say cars have no right to take up both lanes during peak hour.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
fucking stupid to have even a couple of bike riders on a main road during peak hour, let alone an organised event with 50 or 60. Wasnt smart what he did, but i sympathise with his frustration/

iamsickofyear12

HSC
me121 said:
If there are 60 of them they should. Where do you suggest they go, the gutter? The road is there to share. If they didn't take a whole lane, then cars would try to squeeze past and that is incredibly dangerous.

Your reasoning is not valid, cause I could equally say cars have no right to take up both lanes during peak hour.
I am not allowed to drive my car on the road at half the speed limit.. they should not be able to ride their bikes on the road at half the speed limit.

xJennax

HSC
I think the person who crashed into them is pathetic. To deliberately try to injure someone like that is low and he hit them three times wtf?
Motorists need to realise the road is to share. I must admit sometimes I get a bit nervous driving past a cyclist because I'm scared I'll hit them.

xJennax

HSC
Matt Samson said:
On bikeways and not an express way.

Would they be riding like that on Parramatta Road?
It says
"A pack of 50 cyclists on a training ride on the Southern Cross Drive near Sydney airport yesterday.."

unless it's another name for parramatta? :S

Muz4PM

HSC
Cyclists annoy me when they wander all over the road. They rightly say that they are just other vehicles on the road, and they have a right to be there. However, what annoys me again is when you are stuck in traffic and a cyclist decides that it is alright to ride between cars and run red lights.

There are bike paths there for a reason.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Muz4PM said:
Cyclists annoy me when they wander all over the road. They rightly say that they are just other vehicles on the road, and they have a right to be there. However, what annoys me again is when you are stuck in traffic and a cyclist decides that it is alright to ride between cars and run red lights.

There are bike paths there for a reason.
I know that some cyclists do that. But not everyone does.. I don't.

But really if they do that, then it doesn't affect you. It doesn't slow you down, so whats the problem?

Serius said:
fucking stupid to have even a couple of bike riders on a main road during peak hour, let alone an organised event with 50 or 60. Wasnt smart what he did, but i sympathise with his frustration/
Wouldn't you rather passing one pack of 50 once, than passing individuals 50 times?

iamsickofyear12 said:
I am not allowed to drive my car on the road at half the speed limit.. they should not be able to ride their bikes on the road at half the speed limit.
Are you sure you arn't? Some trucks go pretty slow up the hills, but you don't try to ram them off the road? You just go into the other lane, and overtake. It's not that hard.

xJennax said:
I think the person who crashed into them is pathetic. To deliberately try to injure someone like that is low and he hit them three times wtf?
Motorists need to realise the road is to share. I must admit sometimes I get a bit nervous driving past a cyclist because I'm scared I'll hit them.
I couldn't agree more.

Muz4PM

HSC
me121 said:
I know that some cyclists do that. But not everyone does.. I don't.

But really if they do that, then it doesn't affect you. It doesn't slow you down, so whats the problem?
What's the problem with a bike path?

The thing that frustrates me is not so much that a cyclist weaving through traffic jams would slow me down, but the fact that they cite the law and their rights to justify their position on the road, where they need to do the same things as other drivers. Drivers cannot squeeze their car between others in a traffic jam. It is that fact that many cyclists use the law to justify their existance on the roads but then break the law when it is convenient for them that frustrates me.

loz8888

HSC
the guy might have been frustrated at having all these cyclists taking up a whole lane but that does not condone his behaviour. how can it possibly be right that he pulls in front of them, injuring them; all due to the fact that he was frustrated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)