car driver causes cyclist crash (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
me121 said:
Are you sure you arn't? Some trucks go pretty slow up the hills, but you don't try to ram them off the road? You just go into the other lane, and overtake. It's not that hard.
Yes. Go and drive around at half the speed limit on main roads until a cop sees you and see what happens.

Trucks going up hills are an obvious exception.

It is hard for an entire lane of peak hour traffic to "just go into the other lane and overtake." Then at red lights the cyclists ride through stopped traffic and get ahead again so everyone has to overtake them again. It screws up traffic for no reason.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Easy.

He moved right, then left to stop in front of the fuckers.
If a truck ran over the top of your car, you would be dead. But somehow you are saying that that is okay and legal? Manslaughter is illegal, and trying to intentionally cause harm to another person is too.

Muz4PM said:
What's the problem with a bike path?

The thing that frustrates me is not so much that a cyclist weaving through traffic jams would slow me down, but the fact that they cite the law and their rights to justify their position on the road, where they need to do the same things as other drivers. Drivers cannot squeeze their car between others in a traffic jam. It is that fact that many cyclists use the law to justify their existance on the roads but then break the law when it is convenient for them that frustrates me.
Well then.. maybe you should change your method of transportation. Its your choice.

iamsickofyear12 said:
Trucks going up hills are an obvious exception.
Why are trucks so different? By the same logic, cyclists are an exception.

Last edited:

loz8888

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Morally - well everyone has their own morals, do they not?
Ethically - it's not.

Morally speaking, you'd think everyone would think it's wrong, but there are people out there that are cold. And again, the driver claims it was an accident.
true, i guess you're right re: everyone having own morals/thinking its wrong but i still cant understand how someone could actually do this..? and what about the other drivers who yelled abuse at the bike riders when they were clearly lying on the road..injured ? thats just crazy..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
me121 said:
Why are trucks so different? By the same logic, cyclists are an exception.
Trucks are important. They carry useful goods. Cyclists are useless.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Trucks are important. They carry useful goods. Cyclists are useless.
They also produce tonnes and tonnes of greenhouse gasses and pollutatns, compared to cyclists which procuce none. Okay, then slow buses are usless, all they do is carry around people.

aMUSEd1977 said:
I didn't say it was ok or legal, you illiterate hack. I merely pointed out that the morality of some individuals is different to others, and such, some people wouldn't have a moral issue with doing this.

I suggest you revisit my points.

Oh, and dude, the post you quoted, had nothing to do with what I you were saying. Learn to quote the right post kay?
That is why I had question marks (??).

iamsickofyear12

HSC
me121 said:
They also produce tonnes and tonnes of greenhouse gasses and pollutatns, compared to cyclists which procuce none. Okay, then slow buses are usless, all they do is carry around people.
Trucks and buses aren't as slow as cyclists. They also don't cut through traffic at red lights and get ahead of you again after you have already overtaken them. Emissions are irrelevant, trucks and buses are necessary.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Trucks and buses aren't as slow as cyclists. They also don't cut through traffic at red lights and get ahead of you again after you have already overtaken them. Emissions are irrelevant, trucks and buses are necessary.
Just how buses are needed to carry people, bikes are needed to carry people. Do you think I am happy? Cars and trucks slow me down too! And they make it more dangerous. As much as you seem to want less cyclists on the road, I want less cars on the road!

You are right though. A car overtakes me, but then I overtake the car stopped at the lights.. This process just seems to keep going, its actually quite hilarious and PROVES that in some road conditions (such as roads with traffic lights) that bikes DO NOT slow cars down.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
me121 said:
Just how buses are needed to carry people, bikes are needed to carry people. Do you think I am happy? Cars and trucks slow me down too! And they make it more dangerous. As much as you seem to want less cyclists on the road, I want less cars on the road!

You are right though. A car overtakes me, but then I overtake the car stopped at the lights.. This process just seems to keep going, its actually quite hilarious and PROVES that in some road conditions (such as roads with traffic lights) that bikes DO NOT slow cars down.
Roads were designed to be used by buses, not bikes. I will accept cycling as a method to get around when the infrastucture is in place to support it without having a negative impact on traffic that is already screwed up.

It proves that over certain distances in certain conditions you can keep up with a car. It does not prove that bikes do not slow down cars. If the car didn't have to slow down and try and get around you then they might have made that traffic light.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
I am a cyclist myself and i have to say, whether or not, you are riding in peak hour, whether commuting to work or just training, the riders had been near the kerb and it isnt their fault. It was the stupid fuc*ing driver, had no sympathy towards them. Later he tells him it was an "accident", which shitcunt would drive off after a couple of bikers hit the rear of his car?

Hope the driver gets hit some day

me121

Premium Member
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
And again, read the posts. I did NOT allude to it being legal or ok

No wait. Don't bother.
Okay I won't bother. But could you be slighly more polite and not use such working such as this, "Fucking cocks shouldn't be on such an insanely busy road."

Again, I was asking if you did, not saying you said or thought it was legal or ok.

iamsickofyear12 said:
Roads were designed to be used by buses, not bikes. I will accept cycling as a method to get around when the infrastucture is in place to support it without having a negative impact on traffic that is already screwed up.

It proves that over certain distances in certain conditions you can keep up with a car. It does not prove that bikes do not slow down cars. If the car didn't have to slow down and try and get around you then they might have made that traffic light.
In fact, roads were originally designed for horses and horse drawn carts. Okay, so bikes slow down cars. Well guess what, cars slow down bikes too. Its a loose loose situation.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
me121 said:
In fact, roads were originally designed for horses and horse drawn carts. Okay, so bikes slow down cars. Well guess what, cars slow down bikes too. Its a loose loose situation.
You are an idiot.

I am done posting.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
The guy should've just ploughed his car right through them. That saves every other driver in NSW from those 60 bike riders, and hopefully permanently. I hope this symbolic message will resonant through the bike riding community that they are not welcome on the roads.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
I'm surprised that there are so many inconsiderate people. So what if you get slowed down by 30 seconds or so.. whats the big deal. You must learn that you don't own the road and that its there to share. If you don't like it, then don't use it.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Go have a fucking cry about it. When a cyclist gets hit every other cyclist gets up and cries, but when a motorcyclist is hit it's alright? There are risks with driving on the road (idiots included). If you can't handle it then walk.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
me121 said:
I'm surprised that there are so many inconsiderate people. So what if you get slowed down by 30 seconds or so.. whats the big deal. You must learn that you don't own the road and that its there to share. If you don't like it, then don't use it.
We are the inconsiderate people? what about these 50 dickheads who thought they could peddle along and hold up traffic for thousands of others? Even though the law says they have a right to, there simply isnt the infrastructure to support bike riders in some areas. Riding on the road is fine when it isnt busy or when there are only a couple of you riding in the gutter, it just sucks for everyone when they plan their little event to go on main streets and take up a much needed lane during peak hour.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Olympic Cyclists ride at 50+ km/h anyway, that guy is just an asshole.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
This is awesome. I fucking hate cyclists, good to see someone laying down some law onto them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)