car driver causes cyclist crash (1 Viewer)

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
I'd imagine running into them bike riders would have caused one of the lanes to be closed for ambulances.

Half pace is better than not moving at all.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
StuntManonFire said:
I'd imagine running into them bike riders would have caused one of the lanes to be closed for ambulances.

Half pace is better than not moving at all.
Yeah. So by being an absolute thoughtless idiot, actually slowed things down for everyone else.

jumb said:
This is awesome. I fucking hate cyclists, good to see someone laying down some law onto them.
I have motorists like you. And what do you mean laying down so law, its NOT the law to drive dangerously, its actually against the law.. looks like you need someone to lay the law.

Why do you hate them? Seriously.. you hardly get slowed down at all, no more than a bus.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's MY law.

They're a pain in the arse, all they do is clog up the roads causing road rage, which in turn creates drama, and then expect to have the same rights as all the other road users.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
jumb said:
It's MY law.

They're a pain in the arse, all they do is clog up the roads causing road rage, which in turn creates drama, and then expect to have the same rights as all the other road users.
Good thing you don't make the laws.

Cars clog up roads, simply cause there are lots.. but you don't take it out on the other cars, so why bikes? I mean, do they really slow you down much, if at all? Give me an example..

Muz4PM

HSC
Just a question, do you use bike paths where available? I see a great number of cyclists on the road even though there is a bike path a few metres away. Why do they not use them?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Muz4PM said:
Just a question, do you use bike paths where available? I see a great number of cyclists on the road even though there is a bike path a few metres away. Why do they not use them?
yes. but not always. it depends, cause some bike paths are pretty much main pedestrian footpaths as well, in this case, depending on the road, i would use the road. simply because there are too many pedestrians on the footpath/bike path. (this means you have to go really slow so you don't crash into pedestrians).

Muz4PM

HSC
me121 said:
yes. but not always. it depends, cause some bike paths are pretty much main pedestrian footpaths as well, in this case, depending on the road, i would use the road. simply because there are too many pedestrians on the footpath/bike path. (this means you have to go really slow so you don't crash into pedestrians).
Have to go really slow not to run into pedestrians. Now you see how drivers feel when they idle up behind a slow cyclist.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Muz4PM said:
Have to go really slow not to run into pedestrians. Now you see how drivers feel when they idle up behind a slow cyclist.
Yes I know. It's really annoying when you are stuck behind a slow pedestrian. But I don't shout abuse at them and tell them to get off the footpath and to walk in the gutter. Nor do I try to run in to them, I just patiently wait till I can safely overtake them. (or I just go on the road).

So yes, I can see how you feel when you get stuck behind a slow cyclist, but you just have to be patient.

If you don't want cyclists on main roads, then encourage governments to build more bike lanes. (but then sometimes they just convert normal lanes into bike lanes though.. thats good for me, but bad for you.)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
me121 said:
Good thing you don't make the laws.

Cars clog up roads, simply cause there are lots.. but you don't take it out on the other cars, so why bikes? I mean, do they really slow you down much, if at all? Give me an example..
Yes, they do.

AngelofAnarchy

HSC
jumb said:
It's MY law.

Why don't you simply trave with public transport if you are so annoyed by them? It's mainly cars that are causing the world's main dramas such as global warming and death, so really riding would probably be the safest thing to do.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
AngelofAnarchy said:
Why don't you simply trave with public transport if you are so annoyed by them? It's mainly cars that are causing the world's main dramas such as global warming and death, so really riding would probably be the safest thing to do.
I totally agree.

PrinceHarry said:
I hope they sue him and make him pay for the rest of his life.
Couldn't agree more. He caused thousands of dollars of damage, so make him pay.

As a side note, its not always bikes that are slowest, today I got stuck behind a slow car... Its annoying... but you just gotta put up with it.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
me121 said:
In fact, roads were originally designed for horses and horse drawn carts.
That's not actually true. Pre-cars very few roads were paved. Some modern 4wd tracks are better than the main roads were in the early 20th century.

Roads were built for buses, public transport, and later cars.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
So let me get this straight.

You agree that:-

(a) Cars are the cause of global warming AND DEATH (note: nothing else, just cars)

Wow. Ignore the reliance on and abuse of fossil fuels. Also ignore that everybody dies, and that the leading cause of death in Australia is Cardiovascular Disease.

OF COURSE WHAT AM I THINKING? IT'S THE CARS THAT DO IT ALL.

(b) He should be paying thousands for the rest of his life

Um, cool, so he's like, one of those poor Indonesians who earn like $1 a day? Or are you saying he's only going to live for the next 2 monthes?
a) of course these are not the ONLY factors. but they do contribute a lot to global warming... and there are a lot of car crashes where people are killed, but yes this is not the main factor.

"Wow. Ignore the reliance on and abuse of fossil fuels." umm.. your the one who relies on it.. and abuses it (assuming you drive). (not to say that i don't use it.. just i use it not that much)...

b) He should pay for... the bikes he wrecked.(not sure if insurance companies would cover if he has that kind of insurance..)

Graney said:
That's not actually true. Pre-cars very few roads were paved. Some modern 4wd tracks are better than the main roads were in the early 20th century.

Roads were built for buses, public transport, and later cars.
just because they are not paved doesn't mean its not a road. you can have dirt roads you know..

me121

Premium Member
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Um, they aren't the only factors, yet earlier you agreed with AngelofAnarchy who said cars were THE cause of both. Make up your mind.
the... a... i didn't take it quite literal.. No they are not THE cause.. but A cause..

aMUSEd1977 said:
So, you're saying you rarely using anything that uses fuel or electricity?
I use fossil fuels too.. I'm not some total greenie. But cars do contribute a lot to global warming and air pollution.

aMUSEd1977 said:
Um, yes, because that will take the rest of his life.
Well he should have thought about that before behaving like a lunatic (assuming that his reasons are false.)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
AngelofAnarchy said:
It must be awesome being 15 and knowing everything about how the world works.

HSC
AngelofAnarchy said:
I agree.
I would feel so much safer riding a bike along a busy road with other traffic than actually driving a car myself.
I mean, the helmet alone pretty much makes me invincible.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
People like me121 make me hate cyclists and I often ride my bike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)