• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
re: CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

Probably 458, but I also like granturismos and gallardos around the same so its hard to say.

Was very close to a gallardo with insanely loud exhaust yesterday too, sound much better IRL.

astroman

HSC

Probably 458, but I also like granturismos and gallardos around the same so its hard to say.

Was very close to a gallardo with insanely loud exhaust yesterday too, sound much better IRL.
was it a straight pipe?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad

I really like this project.. but its not better than the TRD lasr.. loool.

The concept of using paint stripper and fire to get "that look" for the car parts is pretty innovative..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

straight pipes sound glorious on v12's
Gallardos are V10s, pretty much all the production V10s sound good full stop haha. LFA is the best imo though.

astroman

HSC

Gallardos are V10s, pretty much all the production V10s sound good full stop haha. LFA is the best imo though.
LFA sounds amazing stock, really good high pitched signature supercar sound.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

You can make all sorts of noise from your exhausts and stuff from various dodgy stuff.

However, do note that the mods that have to be done will affect performance of various things.

astroman

HSC

You can make all sorts of noise from your exhausts and stuff from various dodgy stuff.

However, do note that the mods that have to be done will affect performance of various things.
is the beefy v8 noise that comes from some fords and holdens the result of a straight pipe?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

is the beefy v8 noise that comes from some fords and holdens the result of a straight pipe?
Rarely, straight pipes aren't that popular in the v8 scene, normally they just stick to a full exhaust (especially on newer commodores and falcons) or in other cases (mostly street/strip and classic muscle cars) have their exhausts dumped at the diff

I love the sound of diff dumps, my dad's car shakes the garage walls at idle.

This is an example of diff dumps

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad

straight pipes sound glorious on v12's
I'd run with any stock V12 Aston for sound actually. The 458 Italia's V8 comes pretty close

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

You can get the acoustics with other methods actually.

Also straight pipe isn't too great, let alone I don't think it's allowed.

There's actually whole theses on reducing noise which you might find interesting. There might be some crawling on the net that you can find and have a look at if you wish.

Tbh all I know about exhausts is that you can chuck in an EGT and find temperatures up to 500 degrees if you are close enough to the exhaust on the block. Also would want lambdas in exhaust.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

what about catless?
Cats just restrict exhaust (reason why some people opt for catless even though it's illegal).

It doesn't do much in lowering noise.

Tbh I don't know why anyone would want to be obsessed with how loud it is. It's great the first few times but after a while it becomes a drag. You want to hear it running nicely, not too loud.

I've got 110 dB problems and a muffler doing nothing :haha:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Cats just restrict exhaust (reason why some people opt for catless even though it's illegal).

It doesn't do much in lowering noise.

Tbh I don't know why anyone would want to be obsessed with how loud it is. It's great the first few times but after a while it becomes a drag. You want to hear it running nicely, not too loud.

I've got 110 dB problems and a muffler doing nothing :haha:
It's only illegal if the car was originally fitted with cats. Cars made prior to the introduction have no requirement to run them unless you've fitted an engine from a car that had cats.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

It's only illegal if the car was originally fitted with cats. Cars made prior to the introduction have no requirement to run them unless you've fitted an engine from a car that had cats.
That makes sense though.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Rarely, straight pipes aren't that popular in the v8 scene, normally they just stick to a full exhaust (especially on newer commodores and falcons) or in other cases (mostly street/strip and classic muscle cars) have their exhausts dumped at the diff

I love the sound of diff dumps, my dad's car shakes the garage walls at idle.

This is an example of diff dumps
ute?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)