Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Deus said:
I'm just wondering how they stuffed up....

Was it cheltenham's first year of using CSSA papers?
Was the person who set the exams' date new? Why didnt the other teachers pick up that it was sheduled inncorrectly?
They used it last year too, and it was ahead of time then as well.

jiggy999

FUKN HELL wat the fuk u stupid fukn retards i hte english i was soooo fukn happy wen those exams were over, if i hav to re sit them................................FUK U !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
jiggy999 said:
FUKN HELL wat the fuk u stupid fukn retards i hte english i was soooo fukn happy wen those exams were over, if i hav to re sit them................................FUK U !!!!!!!!!!!!1
No need to devolve yourself to such low standards :)

santaslayer

HSC
ahahahaha....

i can see this turning up in ACA..:p

and it aint a 'catholic' issue, since cheltnham aint catholic.

crystel_angel

HSC
its not just cheltenhams fault. apparently a boy at normanhurst's mum was on the catholic board and he leaked the king lear question to half his year. someone else bought the paper off a board member and posted in on the internet. I live in the suburb next to cheltenham so we have to resit it, but im not blaming them.

jessied

HSC
who actually has to sit the english exam again?? bet you's are spewing!

ftr11

HSC
N/A
This is Normo's response from Mr Warren....their principal...

Thursday, 4 August 2005
Dear Year 12 students and parents/carers,
I regret to inform you that a number of Trial Higher School Certificate examinations have been compromised as we share these examinations with a number of other schools.
To ensure the integrity of our trial examination results and the HSC assessments it is necessary for us to reschedule some examinations. These examinations are:
o English Advanced Paper 1
o Music 1 – written
o English Advanced Paper 2
o Design and Technology
I regret the necessity of these changes and I understand the concern that may be felt by students and parents. Nevertheless to ensure that no student is unfairly advantaged or disadvantaged we have had to make these changes.
The new dates for the examinations are:
English Paper 1 Wednesday 10 August 8.55 am to 11.00 am
English Paper 2 Friday 12 August 8.55 am to 11.00 am
Design & Technology Monday 15 August 11.55 am to 1.30 pm
Music 1 Tuesday 16 August 8.55am to 10.00am
This also necessitates movement of Business Studies from Wednesday 10 August to Tuesday 16 August from 12.25 to 3.30 and Modern History from Friday 12 August from 8.55 am to 12.00 noon to 12 August 12.25 pm to 3.30 pm.
All students will now return to school on Wednesday 17 August.
Your understanding of this difficult situation is appreciated.
I can be contacted on 9489 1077 if needed.
N.G. Warren
Principal

Link: http://www.normanhurb-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/Yr12 parents re HSC trial papers.pdf

gorgo31

HSC
The representatives from the Department of Education, Board of Studies and CSSA have met today.

Apparently, the paper that Cheltenham sat had chunks of the CSSA paper in it, which although was not permitted, is not as serious as speculated. The schools whose trials have been cancelled may be reinstated, depending on what knowledge each school has of students accessing the Cheltenham paper. It is unlikely that any more schools will have their English trials cancelled.

With that said, there was more than just the English papers affected.

However, presumably, if you haven't heard from your school, you've got little cause for concern.

santaslayer

HSC
taco man said:
i think other subjects apart from eng mite be affected as well
Music...that is all...

Next thing u know, yr 12 students will be whinging that ALL papers have been compromised...LoLz

Haku

gorgo31 said:
The representatives from the Department of Education, Board of Studies and CSSA have met today.

Apparently, the paper that Cheltenham sat had chunks of the CSSA paper in it, which although was not permitted, is not as serious as speculated. The schools whose trials have been cancelled may be reinstated, depending on what knowledge each school has of students accessing the Cheltenham paper. It is unlikely that any more schools will have their English trials cancelled.

However, presumably, if you haven't heard from your school, you've got little cause for concern.
poooo, yea right, our school just head ours cancelled today, i wish teachers could read that post and think about it, as i go concord and no one knew about it...

where u got that info from? maybe the students can show the teacher the decision and the teachers can reconsider, my teachers are mechanical, they marked it all already!!!

oh actually i made a thread like this too, didn;t see it before cause so pissed, and had chem today whiched suked big time...

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
gorgo31 said:

is there any proof that we can chose not to do it again...?
where are you getting ur information from.

our school just haid their english paper cancelled today (we have to redo it) after sitting 3.5 hours of exam on tuesday and thursday...

Cheltenham's Principle Should Resign - a petition should be made, he/she isn't fit to be a principle. Hes probably ugly too

Last edited:

Haku

um...teacher now said we have to sit for the independant paper..have anyone done that paper?

give us a copy or tell us the question if u remember...man so pissed, i didn;t know about the leak and still papers got cancelled, now i just to cheap!!!

major booboo

HSC
crystel_angel said:
its not just cheltenhams fault. apparently a boy at normanhurst's mum was on the catholic board and he leaked the king lear question to half his year. someone else bought the paper off a board member and posted in on the internet. I live in the suburb next to cheltenham so we have to resit it, but im not blaming them.

regarding normo, they had nuffink to do wit it. where you get your info?

if we hafta redo i bet you all schools that did csssa will hafta.
you'll see

schmo

Not our fault!!

Ok, understandably you guys are pissed of at having to redo trials. BUT please do not get pissed of at us personally! I want to make clear that we knew nothing about this catholic trial stuff-up, in fact most of the students did not even realise that we were doing the catholic trial. It WAS NOT OUR FAULT! There was an English Staff fuck up and we knew nothing of it!! And now we have become the scapegoats. We have been personally abused by half the state's students which is NOT VERY NICE. We will probably also have to redo the trials as a result of this stuff up too.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe the principal of CGHS is actually a she.....

And no sadness.....do you really want that exam cancelled as well, so you have to do it a 3rd time?

major booboo

HSC
so someone who actually knows wat happened... preferably someone from cheltenham... wat paper did u do? wat have your teachers said? who's fault was it? are all schools affected? and if not.. why? considering they are all in same boat. just as much chance of breach of security in all of them.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
there is a poll between all schools and Boardofstudies to do the trail papers from monday to thursday again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)