• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major booboo

HSC
Deus said:
yeah the CSSA cant force anything. Its entirely up to individual schools. Its an internal assesment and therefore under the school's control. They simply just buy the catholic paper off the CSSA.

okay... i back down now... fade off into the distance. i fought long and hard... and was defeated. no doubt it is true. alas alack it must have been just our school and a bunch of others that were cancelled. BUT still not very fair. cos like all you other people who had no idea. we had no idea about the paper one either. HUMPH

good luck so long farewell.

Haku

sorry, bout asking such stupid thing,

so what papers are u schools doing if the CSSA trial is cancelled.

other schools that had the paper cancelled, is it possible to persuade the teacher to do other wise or Ive personally typed up an email to the principal of the school congratulating him and his staff on a job well done... i urge you all to do the same <-----------------

or something like that to urge the board or principle to look further into it

can;t we all join hearts together to petition such thing, as i read last year this happened too, paper leaks.....serious, we got people. POWER

Last edited by a moderator:

schmo

I'm from Cheltenham

major booboo said:
so someone who actually knows wat happened... preferably someone from cheltenham... wat paper did u do? wat have your teachers said? who's fault was it? are all schools affected? and if not.. why? considering they are all in same boat. just as much chance of breach of security in all of them.
I am a Cheltenham Student. Now before All of you start abusing us like the rest of the state, I want to make one thing clear. THIS WAS NOT OUT FAULT SO STOP ABUSING US PERSONALLY! I am sick of the comments from random people personally abusing us, it's uncalled for.

However, to answer your questions:
We were not told that we did the catholic trial AT ALL...we went into the exam thinking that the paper was one written by our teachers.
We are still on exams so we have not had any official word from any of our teachers. We only realised the stuff up from the numerous people who have attacked us and are asking us for information on the paper.
In response to who's fault it was, like I have already said there has been no communication between Cheltenham teachers and students on the matter. However, many of us have speculated that it was a mistake on the Head Teacher English...but I need to stress that we still have no idea what the hell happened for such a big mistake to be overlooked.
There has also been consideration for us to resit the exam too as a result of pressure from other schools...the whole 'if we have to redo it, so do they' thing. Which I personally think is unfair because we had no advantage, it was the selfish people who managed to obtain information from unaware cheltenham students who were handed the advantage. Yet, I understand that it is also the fairest way of dealing with the problem and I accept that re-sitting the exam is almost inevitable.

Goddamn...we at cheltenham are not a happy bunch. We are continuously being blamed for something that we, the students, knew nothing about and we are copping the flack as a result of someone else's mistake.

major booboo

HSC
schmo723 said:
I am a Cheltenham Student. Now before All of you start abusing us like the rest of the state, I want to make one thing clear. THIS WAS NOT OUT FAULT SO STOP ABUSING US PERSONALLY! I am sick of the comments from random people personally abusing us, it's uncalled for.

However, to answer your questions:
We were not told that we did the catholic trial AT ALL...we went into the exam thinking that the paper was one written by our teachers.
We are still on exams so we have not had any official word from any of our teachers. We only realised the stuff up from the numerous people who have attacked us and are asking us for information on the paper.
In response to who's fault it was, like I have already said there has been no communication between Cheltenham teachers and students on the matter. However, many of us have speculated that it was a mistake on the Head Teacher English...but I need to stress that we still have no idea what the hell happened for such a big mistake to be overlooked.
There has also been consideration for us to resit the exam too as a result of pressure from other schools...the whole 'if we have to redo it, so do they' thing. Which I personally think is unfair because we had no advantage, it was the selfish people who managed to obtain information from unaware cheltenham students who were handed the advantage. Yet, I understand that it is also the fairest way of dealing with the problem and I accept that re-sitting the exam is almost inevitable.

Goddamn...we at cheltenham are not a happy bunch. We are continuously being blamed for something that we, the students, knew nothing about and we are copping the flack as a result of someone else's mistake.

thankyou for enlightening me. and i agree with you whole heartedly that it has absolutely nothing to do with the girls. just ignore other people's comments as they are borne about by ignorance and need for a scapegoat. it is not the CSSA's fault either. alas it is your head of english teacher. no doubt he will cop a lot. still doesn't change a thing tho.

so your exam definitely was the CSSA? or were there "chunks" from it?

schmo

We have been completely left in the dark here so we have no idea what the actual catholic paper was so I have nothing solid to compare the paper we did to the actual catholic paper

pinkie_monty

hey hey...im from chelto too...was there really a consideration for us to resit da exam?? hmmz...dats unfair though coz i actually had no idea dat our paper was a catholic paper until my friend from carlo told me boutz it.
then again our teachers shouldnt have had our exam earlier >< so not happy...

so which skools are redoing da exam??

major booboo

HSC
kk
concord high, tuzza, normo, nsbh, epping, OBVIOUSLY cheltenham, penno i think... who else?

people power growing.....

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
major booboo said:
kk
concord high, tuzza, normo, nsbh, epping, OBVIOUSLY cheltenham, penno i think... who else?

there should be an online petition against the principle...

she must resign.

also, if cheltenham doesn't redo ALL their trials im complaining to the Board of Studies.
Ofcourse, the students at cheltenham are angry, but we are more angry and and it is only fair.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
haboozin said:
there should be an online petition against the principle...

she must resign.

also, if cheltenham doesn't redo ALL their trials im complaining to the Board of Studies.
Ofcourse, the students at cheltenham are angry, but we are more angry and and it is only fair.
What would there to be gained by making the girls sit another trial?

ishq

brown?
HSC
We might be re-doing both the englishes too.
Damn :(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Indeed, the Cheltenham girls gained no advantage from this.....

Haku

well its like a we do u also have to do thing,

but i rekon we dun have to do in the first place

pinkie_monty

major booboo said:
kk

concord high? wtf...dats like so not around here...or am i jus lost? i think carlo'll have to redo their eng too. not sure yet though...and y do us cheltos have to redo it? its not like we were the ones dat got leaked with the stuff....

Haku

never heard of chelten either, but concord is like burwood,...i think thats more famous

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
withoutaface said:
What would there to be gained by making the girls sit another trial?

Well they had the catholic paper...and everyone else who has had the Catholic paper has to redo the exam.

Its not their fault but since many schools will probably be setting their own questions, the questions might not have the same level as professionalism as the catholic paper (it might have mistakes or it may not be very clear) and the people doing their trials again will be disadvantaged by that.

So no school should be allowed to use the catholic paper.

I dont think Catholic maths was done yet, but it would be esspecially unfair for that, because CSSA maths is very hard compared to the rest and it finds out who is actually good. With teachers setting their own exam, it will probably not be as hard as the CSSA and dissadvantage the people who deserve the true top rankings.

major booboo

HSC

i personally think that all schools who did CSSA will hafta redo. i mean thats only fair.

schmo

Ok I want to make things clear. We at cheltenham only did the catholic english paper, without knowledge that we were doing so, not ALL of the catholic trials. Why should we be forced to redo ALL our exams?! That's just unreasonable!
However, despite the lack of advantage that we had when sitting the catholic trial, it is understandable that we may have to sit the english paper again purely out of fairness. I accept that because other schools may be disadvantaged by sitting another paper, we should also do another english paper too because it's just fair.

btw, Pinkiemoo...who are you?!

major booboo

HSC
so is anyone going to be bothered to study again for it? grrrrrr how tedious. mite giv me a chance to do well in lear tho. :)

myeah im off. if you find out more schools or names of schools involved email to me neb_soulja@hotmail.com

pinkie_monty

schmo723 said:
Ok I want to make things clear. We at cheltenham only did the catholic english paper, without knowledge that we were doing so, not ALL of the catholic trials. Why should we be forced to redo ALL our exams?! That's just unreasonable!
However, despite the lack of advantage that we had when sitting the catholic trial, it is understandable that we may have to sit the english paper again purely out of fairness. I accept that because other schools may be disadvantaged by sitting another paper, we should also do another english paper too because it's just fair.

btw, Pinkiemoo...who are you?!

monica! ... u??

jessied

HSC
haboozin said:
Well they had the catholic paper...and everyone else who has had the Catholic paper has to redo the exam.
not everyone doing the catholic exam is doing it again...

i sorta see the point in doing it again but english trial is worth what 30% of ur internal mark (max), all thats being affected is rank. the teachers are obviously going to realise that someone has "cheated" or heard the question before the exam if they're averaging say 10/11 in essays and then somehow pull a 19/20... teachers know the standards of work.. the only thing that would really need to be done is the modules paper, even then its hardly worth it if it have got a low weighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)