Choose between Chemistry, Physics and Economics. (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
I find it absolutely hilarious how the moment Schoey gets onto a thread, it goes completely off-topic.
Poor OP.
The thread went off topic when people began evaluating my post. My first post in this thread was on-topic. Then someone decided to criticise me for giving my opinion, I defended myself and he retaliated. Bingo!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Well Economcis has a lot of report/essay writing, so I would personally choose between Chem and Phys.

Most importantly however, what type of career are you looking at in future?

ilikebeeef

HSC
woot 200 posts
Grats.

The thread went off topic when people began evaluating my post. My first post in this thread was on-topic. Then someone decided to criticise me for giving my opinion, I defended myself and he retaliated. Bingo!
No, the thread went off topic when you hijacked the thread by asking people to answer YOUR questions (that post has now been deleted). If you want people to evaluate your whatever that was, make a new thread.

I was talking generally. I was not referring to myself.
Stop being general. We are talking about specifically you here.

STOP MISINTERPRETING MY POSTS!
Then make your posts clearer so that people don't "misinterpret" you. Why else wouldn't others have the same problem as you?

NewiJapper

HSC
Schoey93 said:
Don't attack me just because I'm not as intelligent or diligent as you.
There's a difference between not being intelligent/diligent and being just plain ignorant.

muzeikchun852

HSC
thx for all the comment that both 2010er and 2011er gave me.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Well Economcis has a lot of report/essay writing, so I would personally choose between Chem and Phys.

Most importantly however, what type of career are you looking at in future?
my uni's future will be bcommerce/bart as been said in my sign. but the things, i dont really notice the news that much, and i know economics demand news update. so i could be hard for me to get up-to-date. but in the upside, i get the economics topic really fast and understand the concept very easily..

Last edited:

HSC
Go for chemistry. You feel like an actual scientist with all the pracs. All it requires is lots of understanding and some very basic math.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
thx for all the comment that both 2010er and 2011er gave me.

my uni's future will be bcommerce/bart as been said in my sign. but the things, i dont really notice the news that much, and i know economics demand news update. so i could be hard for me to get up-to-date. but in the upside, i get the economics topic really fast and understand the concept very easily..
Comm means do Eco. It's better for you than Phys/Chem. And you will need to get up to date, especially if you do Economics courses in Uni. WHich you will.

Schoey93

HSC
Grats.

No, the thread went off topic when you hijacked the thread by asking people to answer YOUR questions (that post has now been deleted). If you want people to evaluate your whatever that was, make a new thread.

Stop being general. We are talking about specifically you here.

Then make your posts clearer so that people don't "misinterpret" you. Why else wouldn't others have the same problem as you?
Selective dislike: taking offence to something someone says due slightly to the poor nature of their advice, yet mostly due to boredom and wanting to watch someone squeal.

NewiJapper, you are the only 'person' (ie Internet identity/user) I have spoken to who believes that a Year 12 student always has more experience than a Year 11 student. My mother believes that experience is defined by what you do, not how long it takes to do it, as do I. E.g. if it took Student A 1 week to complete the Basic Arithmetic and Algebra topic, yet it took Student B 3 weeks to do it, one cannot argue that Student B is definitely more intelligent and studious than Student A. Student A may have a more thorough understanding of the topic due to his previous abilities and his desire to succeed and ability to implement real goals to achieve that.

'Every Year 12 student is smarter and/or more experienced than any Year 11 student in all aspects of school, and life' (not quoting NJ here) is just a blanket rule people apply to save time and condescend to younger people online and in reality.

Please do not continue to destroy this thread.

My HELPFUL contribution:

• OP, please do subjects that you love, like me and others. If this is impossible (unlikely), please do subject that you have an aptitude in and will do reasonably well in, not high-scaling, traditionally difficult subjects (except, if you love Physics, Chemistry and Economics, I encourage you to take the HSC course in all three subjects).
  • According to my friend Tim M. (not Timothy Siu) physics contains 'oh, equations.' Tim does General Mathematics (preliminary course) yet he still enjoys physics because Mr K from Marian College is a good teacher who knows the course content well and is willing to extend students who request it. The core modules in Year 12 are: Space, Motors and Generators and From Ideas to Implementation. The option at my school is a topic I will sorely miss (decided against Physics and have 8 free/study periods on at that time): Medical Physics. Sounds very interesting to me and my friends.
  • From my syllabus readings during subject choices time (in 2009-2010) Chemistry contains content that focus on atomic theory (ie atoms: protons, neutrons and electrons) in the preliminary course and more sophisticated content in the HSC course that builds on that and an understanding of metals, water and energy. If you like the preliminary course, you will not always like the HSC course.
  • I am unfamiliar with the Economics syllabus, however, an economics teacher told me, "The economics syllabus is updated regularly. I wish I taught maths as the syllabuses haven't been updated since 1983 or so! Lol." (She actually laughed out loud.)
It's your choice. I would choose what I loved in Year 11, and hope that, after a thorough reading of section 8 (Course Content/Structure) of the syllabuses that my decision was the right one. As it is, I get to keep 13 units of subjects I adore. I await the heavy load. Hopefully Hospitality Examination is simple as always and does not change too much, thus my load shall be lighter.

You made a good choice. Now wait a few months and make another one. Good luck.

Last edited:

Schoey93

HSC
Comm means do Eco. It's better for you than Phys/Chem. And you will need to get up to date, especially if you do Economics courses in Uni. WHich you will.
Agreed, Yash. (Only because my teachers have said the same thing, and you do HSC Economics, so of course, you would know.) However, does he want to do a double degree? Chemistry is a foundation for a B Sc (it's not vital, but it is helpful). Just thought he should know that, if he doesn't already. If he doesn't want to do science, then by all means, find a way to drop it before the HSC.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Selective dislike: taking offence to something someone says due slightly to the poor nature of their advice, yet mostly due to boredom and wanting to watch someone squeal.

NewiJapper, you are the only 'person' (ie Internet identity/user) I have spoken to who believes that a Year 12 student always has more experience than a Year 11 student. My mother believes that experience is defined by what you do, not how long it takes to do it, as do I. E.g. if it took Student A 1 week to complete the Basic Arithmetic and Algebra topic, yet it took Student B 3 weeks to do it, one cannot argue that Student B is definitely more intelligent and studious than Student A. Student A may have a more thorough understanding of the topic due to his previous abilities and his desire to succeed and ability to implement real goals to achieve that.

'Every Year 12 student is smarter and/or more experienced than any Year 11 student in all aspects of school, and life' (not quoting NJ here) is just a blanket rule people apply to save time and condescend to younger people online and in reality.

Please do not continue to destroy this thread.

My HELPFUL contribution:

• OP, please do subjects that you love, like me and others. If this is impossible (unlikely), please do subject that you have an aptitude in and will do reasonably well in, not high-scaling, traditionally difficult subjects (except, if you love Physics, Chemistry and Economics, I encourage you to take the HSC course in all three subjects).
  • According to my friend Tim M. (not Timothy Siu) physics contains 'oh, equations.' Tim does General Mathematics (preliminary course) yet he still enjoys physics because Mr K from Marian College is a good teacher who knows the course content well and is willing to extend students who request it. The core modules in Year 12 are: Space, Motors and Generators and From Ideas to Implementation. The option at my school is a topic I will sorely miss (decided against Physics and have 8 free/study periods on at that time): Medical Physics. Sounds very interesting to me and my friends.
  • From my syllabus readings during subject choices time (in 2009-2010) Chemistry contains content that focus on atomic theory (ie atoms: protons, neutrons and electrons) in the preliminary course and more sophisticated content in the HSC course that builds on that and an understanding of metals, water and energy. If you like the preliminary course, you will not always like the HSC course.
  • I am unfamiliar with the Economics syllabus, however, an economics teacher told me, "The economics syllabus is updated regularly. I wish I taught maths as the syllabuses haven't been updated since 1983 or so! Lol." (She actually laughed out loud.)
It's your choice. I would choose what I loved in Year 11, and hope that, after a thorough reading of section 8 (Course Content/Structure) of the syllabuses that my decision was the right one. As it is, I get to keep 13 units of subjects I adore. I await the heavy load. Hopefully Hospitality Examination is simple as always and does not change too much, thus my load shall be lighter.

You made a good choice. Now wait a few months and make another one. Good luck.
Thank you for the excellent comment! these are very precious information for me. thank you very much once again!

Agreed, Yash. (Only because my teachers have said the same thing, and you do HSC Economics, so of course, you would know.) However, does he want to do a double degree? Chemistry is a foundation for a B Sc (it's not vital, but it is helpful). Just thought he should know that, if he doesn't already. If he doesn't want to do science, then by all means, find a way to drop it before the HSC.
my target is to do BCommerce/BArt. so i will able to drop chemistry or physics whenever i feel like it (obveriously i have to wait for now til term 4). but i very much enjoy chemistry and physics for now. if is not the workload that would bother me and the 10-units-count-system, i will certainly do all three subject.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Thank you for the excellent comment! these are very precious information for me. thank you very much once again!

my target is to do BCommerce/BArt. so i will able to drop chemistry or physics whenever i feel like it (obveriously i have to wait for now til term 4). but i very much enjoy chemistry and physics for now. if is not the workload that would bother me and the 10-units-count-system, i will certainly do all three subject.
Please make sure you are 100% you do not want to do the subject anymore before you drop, you wil not be able to pick it up again. Remember, you've only just started Year 11, so why not do an entire year with an open mind, and possibly the first module of your HSC (Term 4 Year 11) in order to really grasp the suitability of the courses for you.

Also P.S., I'm doing 13, and it's not bad. Just note that it could be 3 units dont count, or it could be 3 units of back up. Especially in you stuff up an again, that 3 units of back up could be some breathing space to ensure your results dont suffer.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Please make sure you are 100% you do not want to do the subject anymore before you drop, you wil not be able to pick it up again. Remember, you've only just started Year 11, so why not do an entire year with an open mind, and possibly the first module of your HSC (Term 4 Year 11) in order to really grasp the suitability of the courses for you.

Also P.S., I'm doing 13, and it's not bad. Just note that it could be 3 units dont count, or it could be 3 units of back up. Especially in you stuff up an again, that 3 units of back up could be some breathing space to ensure your results dont suffer.
however, by the end of term 3, i need to drop one of subject anyway, because im doing japanese continuer and extension (hopefully im able to) in OHS, that means i only able to do no more than 13 units.

ps. i will wait and see whether which subject im better in.

Schoey93

HSC
however, by the end of term 3, i need to drop one of subject anyway, because im doing japanese continuer and extension (hopefully im able to) in OHS, that means i only able to do no more than 13 units.

ps. i will wait and see whether which subject im better in.
I don't mean to be rude, but are you Japanese? If so, congratulations! Jap Ext will be very easy marks for you, unless you were raised here, in which case, you have of course chosen a very difficult subject.

Physics, Chemistry and Economics are difficult subjects. If you work well, you will generally do well. Professor Bar is doing a Bar Analysis of my school's HSC results and that was his conclusion. "You get the result you deserve."- My Legal Studies teacher explaining Bar's findings.

Have a great year and, good luck Muzeik (is it?)!

Yash, you're right. 13 units isn't so bad (not for me, not for you, not for my friend Mel). No trolls here Muzeik. GL

Last edited:

ele_92

HSC
i do physics and that's pretty good
it's a lot of work but scales really well if that's what you want
chem at my school is a bit dodgy and i dont do it but i think it's pretty similar to physics in terms of work load
i didnt even know economics was an option

muzeikchun852

HSC
I don't mean to be rude, but are you Japanese? If so, congratulations! Jap Ext will be very easy marks for you, unless you were raised here, in which case, you have of course chosen a very difficult subject.

Physics, Chemistry and Economics are difficult subjects. If you work well, you will generally do well. Professor Bar is doing a Bar Analysis of my school's HSC results and that was his conclusion. "You get the result you deserve."- My Legal Studies teacher explaining Bar's findings.

Yash, you're right. 13 units isn't so bad (not for me, not for you, not for my friend Mel).
first, i want to clarify that im not japanese. second, i dont think u are do japanese continuers or extension if u are background speaker urself.

anyway. thx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)