check it out uh uh uh uh
HSC
my friend came out over dinner as a joke

his parents didnt find it very funny

he moved out.

HSC
So you're a girl?

Sorry about confusion.

I always thought you were a guy (cos of Tulipa's quote sigged)
Yes, I'm a girl. Tulipa's sig was referring to someone else (her friend). I just thought it was funny.

:speechless: i always assumed you were a guy!!!
So did Iron. When I first started posting, I found it amusing that he thought I was a gay guy.

I also thought you were a boy except for the time someone called you 'Byrony'
Yeah, that's my name. Except it's Bryony.

yar. me 3
Sorry for the confusion everyone. But I've enjoyed your stories! :)

My best friend from kindergarten just came out. I was so proud of him, 'cause he's had a rough time, it would've taken guts.

HSC
Does anyone have friends who identify as pansexual?

Pansexuality (also refered to as pans), or omnisexuality[1] is a sexual orientation, characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire towards people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. Some pansexuals suggest that they are gender-blind; that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.[2] For others, an individual's sex, gender expression, or gender identity can be a key factor of attraction, despite the pansexual individual's wide range of sex and gender attractions.
The word pansexual is derived from the Greek prefix pan-, meaning "all". It is intended to negate the idea of two genders (as expressed by bi-).
The adjective pansexual may also be applied to organizations or events. In this context, the term usually indicates an openness to the involvement of people of all genders and sexual orientations in said organization/event, as well as the pansexual sexual identity.
[edit]Compared to bisexuality

Bisexuality is a sexual orientation characterized by attraction to both the same gender and the opposite gender. Unlike pansexuality, it does not specifically include people who fall outside the gender binary. Pansexuality has been described as a "means to skip the binaries and essentialism of 'bi'."[3]
However, many people who identify as bisexual are actually attracted to people who fall outside the gender binary. These people, who could be described as pansexual, have a variety of reasons for identifying as bisexual, including widespread unfamiliarity with the term "pansexual." Some define bisexuality as "attraction to people from more than one gender".[4] Others contrast "attraction to people of multiple genders" with pansexuality's "attraction regardless of gender".
My best friend recently told me that's what she was. It was like "FINALLY!" 'Cause I was happy for her that she'd finally found a name for her feelings. I know that, for me, that's something I still really struggle with.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Pansexual and bisexual still sound the same to me. "attraction regardless of gender" and "atrraction to the same and opposite gender" --- what?

I've no gay or even bi friends. I've got a few bi-curious friends (girls), but that's it.

boganxcore

HSC
Pansexual and bisexual still sound the same to me. "attraction regardless of gender" and "atrraction to the same and opposite gender" --- what?

I've no gay or even bi friends. I've got a few bi-curious friends (girls), but that's it.
i think pansexual also includes transexuals, transgender, hermaphrodites etc

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
i think pansexual also includes transexuals, transgender, hermaphrodites etc
The only time we discussed those in class was in year 10 science and we were simply told they were male or female technically and that's all there was to it. Everything else was like a lifestyle choice or an abnormality (with no offence intended)

HSC
The only time we discussed those in class was in year 10 science and we were simply told they were male or female technically and that's all there was to it. Everything else was like a lifestyle choice or an abnormality (with no offence intended)
Yeah, well that is technically true.

Only two genders you can be genetically, really. But gender is also influenced by hormones; in the womb, certain hormones influence the way that the baby's brain is formed. That's what results in our sense of being male or female. When someone is genetically one gender, but has been exposed to different hormones, they can have a sense of being something other than their genetic gender.

boganxcore

HSC
wouldnt polysexual be the same as pansexual?

haha i dont even know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)