Counter-Strike (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
and make sure it can use older versions! im not gonna download a new one for nothing

Link

ahh i'm getting 1.6 steam from ausgamers now - it's going at well over 430KB/sec :D

Originally posted by ...
ask RageRunner about it, cos last time they played, the server was uber crap...

so yea..talk to him, he is the 'man' atm...
ah k is he a CS admin?

Originally posted by ...
and make sure it can use older versions! im not gonna download a new one for nothing
what v are u on?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i dunno but i tried connecting to Ragerunner's server and it told me to update or something

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
dudes, i booked a server at ihug 4 for 1.5 last time and no one came, so stuff it

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by hbk_ace
dudes, i booked a server at ihug 4 for 1.5 last time and no one came, so stuff it
No one came because it was bloody 1.5

Link

Originally posted by babydoll_
i dunno but i tried connecting to Ragerunner's server and it told me to update or something
maybe you should upgrade to 1.6 steam.. should be free.

Originally posted by hbk_ace
yeh, well how about booking the server for 1.6 then? :)

Link

and btw, i keep getting these messages like 'timed out' and stuff, and i haven't even been able to connect to 1 server yet to play..

is there any special way to go about getting into a game? i'm on cable, but i can't get into anything, and it takes forever to load (then still says I can't get in -even tho i have full servers, password protected etc turned off). And should I only be trying to get into Aus servers?

is a roflcopter
HSC
yeah sorry i dont have 1.5 i think
only 1.6 :(

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Originally posted by Link
and btw, i keep getting these messages like 'timed out' and stuff, and i haven't even been able to connect to 1 server yet to play..
that probably happens cuz ur comp sucks or something,
basically when that happens, don't quit the game, just bring down the console and type retry

Link

Originally posted by tonberry_kun
that probably happens cuz ur comp sucks or something,
basically when that happens, don't quit the game, just bring down the console and type retry
what do you mean 'bring down the console' ?

well i'm running cable and my comp is around 1.3ghz.. thought it would be able to handle the connection and not 'time out'..

at least when i play i get a great ping, and no lag :)

and about the shields, it hasn't been too bad.. the people that i've seen using them have usually been rushed at and killed cos ppl just jump towards them and try to get headshots, when they are near them, they just run around to their side and shoot..

Jeo

well I use steam, CS 1.6 and no probs with it. I think the gun definitions are a bit more realistic in 1.6, like how much the bullet can penetrate the wall etc.

Link

Originally posted by Azn fairies
to find severs for ANYGAME go to

www.gametiger.com
i went there ..but how does it work? you click on a server and it wants you to d/l something? :confused:

Originally posted by Jeo
well I use steam, CS 1.6 and no probs with it. I think the gun definitions are a bit more realistic in 1.6, like how much the bullet can penetrate the wall etc.
yeh i'm getting used to steam now. when ppl use the shield it can be pretty funny sometimes, but it seems lately more ppl are angry over the auto sniper..

Link

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Can anyone send me the "asian version" of CS on CD or something? I don't have it, and can't be bothered downloading huge games on wimpy dialup any more...
what "asian version" are you talking about? ppl in aus run the proper version, and you'll find overseas they use the US version too..

and good luck trying to play CS on dialup ;)

//kdjc

Jesus, what is this, the newbie masters thread.

Babydoll:
Everyone now runs 1.6, but 1.5 is an easier version for newbies to understand.

tonberry_kun:
"Timeouts" are to do with his internet connection. Typing "retry" in the concole wont help much, if at all. It has nothing to do with his PC.

Link:
People play CS on Dialup connections a lot. I do, and I bet I could absolutely cane you.

Azn fairies:
Gametiger is new to me, but from what Ive seen, pretty goddamn useless. I suggest you get yourselves the "All Seeing Eye", at the companies website.

If you're using 1.6 however, you won't need ASE, just use Steams inbuilt server finder. Right click to add a server by its IP address.

Now, Any more questions? Oh BTW: Pretty much every weapon in CS can go through walls / boxes / etc. Don't stop shooting because they took cover.

Link

Originally posted by //kdjc
tonberry_kun:
"Timeouts" are to do with his internet connection. Typing "retry" in the concole wont help much, if at all. It has nothing to do with his PC.
ah ok.. but I mainly get a timeout when trying to connect to the optusnet.com.au server (and I'm on optusnet cable! :confused:)

Link:
People play CS on Dialup connections a lot. I do, and I bet I could absolutely cane you.
yeh I know they do, but it seems when I'm playing that the 56k dialups get pretty bad lag. Have you tried playing with your connection on the optusnet CS games? (in some, nearly everyone on it has cable), how about when there's a flash? I'm not knocking it, it's just when ppl go 'lag' and everyone goes what are u running, they always seem to reply 56...

is a roflcopter
HSC
Babydoll:
Everyone now runs 1.6, but 1.5 is an easier version for newbies to understand.

tonberry_kun:

Link:

Now, Any more questions? Oh BTW: Pretty much every weapon in CS can go through walls / boxes / etc. Don't stop shooting because they took cover.
shit woah
you must be a pro master

the only difference between 1.6 and 1.5 is how gay the steam program is

my friend have timeout problems, he is on a 450 with optus cable, connecting to optus servers. it COULD be his connection :rolleyes:

you must be heaps good to assume you can absolutely cane someone you havent played with before. the only conclusion must be that you are the best in the world! IN THE WORLD! OMG1337

oh yeah my glock doesnt go through walls. help! help!

//kdjc

Hey mate, I said you, not anyone in the world, by the way, do you know of my clan? Team AvA?

Well heres a brief intro - probably the longest established clan in Aus, Team AvA, the Australian Veangeace Alliance, has over 100 members playing many different games, all professionally.

Heres our website:

Team-AvA.com

Nearly every CS server you go into has an AvA player in the top ranks.
I get called a hacker nearly every day, which is pretty damn funny.

PS: My Game name is <AvA>OodleS.
I also play Tribes 2 and Tribes 1 for AvA.

Oh (Edited) Newbie:
Who the hell uses a glock? get serious.

In 1.6 the USP animation is different, the knife range is smaller, the AK has a different spray, the deagle is a lot more powerful than it already was, and the scout is too.

1.6 has changed everything. Especially with the recent update.
People that have lag in your Optusnet servers get that for a reason, they vs'ing Cablers, and cablers make the poor 56ghey dialupers lag.

I bet tho if you versed "uR" you would have a rude awakening. uR are probably the best Dialup only clan in Australia.

I can play on my dialup connection against cablers, I have my rates set up perfectly.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i play bcoz it's fun, not bcoz i can frag ten guys with calculated headshots from my spray-pattern-recognised ak47 on my smooooooth skatepad mouse and low-latency optimised dialup connection... win or lose, if it's fun, i'm in :). but having said that, gaming is not my life.

all this better-than-thou professionalism just vexes me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)