HSC
woaah AVA!
they are the best omg let me join

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Originally posted by //kdjc
tonberry_kun:
"Timeouts" are to do with his internet connection. Typing "retry" in the concole wont help much, if at all. It has nothing to do with his PC.
Originally posted by Newbie
my friend have timeout problems, he is on a 450 with optus cable, connecting to optus servers. it COULD be his connection :rolleyes:
yes, we (me and newbie) are talking about the same friend, and a simple "retry" DID work in most cases, it is a problem due to his computer not being able to keep up... the computer takes too long to process/load up the data that it will timeout (timeout is NOT ONLY about internet connection, it's about the server not recieving the data in the required timeframe, which could be due to both computer or internet problems)

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Hey mate, I said you, not anyone in the world, by the way, do you know blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.......
now tell me one person here who gives a shit about that? we are merely here to help someone who had questions, not to brag about how "good/cool/1337" we are, get over yourself, this is not the place to brag

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
//kdjc,

If you were playing CS 1.5, 56kers have an advantage over cablers.

I'm not sure if this is still true for 1.6, but i assume it is,

Have you ever seen it where you aim for the guys legs and you get a headshot? In CS 1.5, the hitboxes feel like they are slightly larger. This was to compensate 56kers vsing cablers. But valve screwed this up and made it so 56kers can kill cablers just as easy. The only downside is the latency that still exists when trying to change weapons etc... other than that i would rather play CS using 56k.

I can guarantee if i was still 56 and vs'd a cabler of same skill level i'd win 10 times over.

ellipses sif [BOS]. You make it |bos.ellipses| - looks better :p

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
lemme join
im crap but..but... yeah.... im just crap hahaha

//kdjc

Originally posted by Ragerunner
//kdjc,

If you were playing CS 1.5, 56kers have an advantage over cablers.

I'm not sure if this is still true for 1.6, but i assume it is,

Have you ever seen it where you aim for the guys legs and you get a headshot? In CS 1.5, the hitboxes feel like they are slightly larger. This was to compensate 56kers vsing cablers. But valve screwed this up and made it so 56kers can kill cablers just as easy. The only downside is the latency that still exists when trying to change weapons etc... other than that i would rather play CS using 56k.

I can guarantee if i was still 56 and vs'd a cabler of same skill level i'd win 10 times over.

ellipses sif [BOS]. You make it |bos.ellipses| - looks better :p

edit: Yeah I am a CS admin, but I didn't see the point in emptying out a server just to let bos people play when there are so little to make the game fun. If you want to play i can have the ozforces server ready.

Rage, its the other way around mate. The hitbox for the headshot is much larger in 1.6, anyone aiming for the chest can headshot now.
Tonberry, hes running a 1.3 Something? Correct? If so then it can't be his PC, it would be hist upload rate, or the server has some problem with his configuration.

PS: I will join BOS if you play 1.5....... (1.6 CD-Key doesn't work anymore :( )

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Rage, its the other way around mate. The hitbox for the headshot is much larger in 1.6, anyone aiming for the chest can headshot now.
I'm not saying the hitboxes ARE bigger. I'm saying it feels like it is.

I just used that as an example. It's easier for 56kers to kill cablers if they are fast enough.

If they cheat with updaterate/cmdrate/interp then 56kers are almost unkillable.

//kdjc

Originally posted by tonberry_kun
hes running a P 450
Okay then, But that should be fast enough to load it? Oh well.

Oh and "..." I just have to say, ROFL!!!!! So true!!

Link

ahh thanks for the help guys!

now bout that bos clan.. hmm we could even end up with a bos-cs forum here.. i mean they have one for that other game ;)

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
DC is fun and all..but it anint anything special...too much like CS, but with vehicles..and rocket launchers...and helicopters that own everything...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)