Creative paper 1 whaaaaaat (1 Viewer)

GoodLuck

HSC
http://news.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/index.cfm/2011/10/17/Written-English-HSC-exams-start-tomorrow

"Tuesday's two-hour paper for English Standard and Advanced has three parts: short answer questions about an unseen text, a composition on or adaption of a studied text, and an essay based on the area of study, Belonging."

An adaption of a studied text as a creative? Whut. The. Fuck. What do?

- Admin Note: The Board of Studies wishes to advise that there are no changes to tomorrow's exam. The media release was not meant for students and should not be used as an indication as to what will be in the exam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skriker

HSC

Fake-Name

HSC
Why would they reveal it? isn't that part of the test?

by "composition on or adaption of a studied text" I hope they mean a stimuli they will give us (like past hsc creative sections). I studied the Immigrant Chronicles, and the only option I see is to change my character's name to Peter Skrzynecki.

The 'Questions on an unseen text' I'm hoping is a typo rather than a whole restructuring of the paper.

I don't like change...

RawrJohnT

HSC
What the hell did I just read. I am actually about shit myself out the roof.

oscarmanutdfan

HSC
WHAT
THE
FUCK

brb changing all my characters' names to Dick-in-son.

START FREAK OUT NOW?

Jaymay

HSC
My vote:

Have to quote Prescribed text somewhere, in a speech :p

The complete 'rumour mill' fuckage

HSC
"composition on or adaption of a studied text" > Text can relate to anything like a phrase or image so it will probably be the same as previous years (although studied? unless they mean the area of belonging), I think the unseen text was just a small typo, however they did word the sentence specifically with "an" so that it was "an unseen text" rather then "on unseen texts" so idk

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
or maybe it's to throw everyone off, you know just in good humor

GoodLuck

HSC
"composition on or adaption of a studied text" CLEARLY MEANS A TEXT WE'VE STUDIED SO THEY WANT US TO ADAPT THE CRUCIBLE???

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
"composition on or adaption of a studied text" > Text can relate to anything like a phrase or image so it will probably be the same as previous years (although studied? unless they mean the area of belonging), I think the unseen text was just a small typo, however they did word the sentence specifically with "an" so that it was "an unseen text" rather then "on unseen texts" so idk
but that wouldn't 100% make sense as you can't write an adaption of a picture. you can adapt the picture in a story but you can't write an 'adaption' unless it means like a story/poem/whatever but fuck me i hope you're right anyway

Interdrama

#wang
HSC
I freaked out for a moment, but have you noticed that a lot of the trials from random schools have creative stimuli that come from the unseen section? That might be what they're referring to.

gunat61

HSC
how would they know which text we studied? i did dickinson but my creative's cultural .. so i guess i can relate it to romulus my father :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)