Dexter (1 Viewer)

whatgotwhat

HSC
of course you'll call it a dumb post... you like that piece of shit show and won't hear anything against it

Morbo

HSC
whatgotwhat said:
I can't tell you how much I hate this show.

he's in forensics... yet he's a serial killer?!!?! what an amazing paradox!!!!

look at him admiring the killers' methods oh yeah this is quality television right here!!!

dexter fits the psychopath profile socially respectable and decorous but there is an undertow of violent tendency this has never been done before!!!

i would've thought 14-year-old boys alone would like this garbage
Dexter is an amazing show not particularly because hes a serial killer who kills serial killers. If the entire show were only about that, people would have quickly switched off. The show is about more than that. We need more serialised dramas on television and this show is one of the better ones on air at the moment.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I can't tell you how much I hate this show.

he's in forensics... yet he's a serial killer?!!?! what an amazing paradox!!!!

look at him admiring the killers' methods oh yeah this is quality television right here!!!

dexter fits the psychopath profile socially respectable and decorous but there is an undertow of violent tendency this has never been done before!!!

i would've thought 14-year-old boys alone would like this garbage
bit of an exaggerated hate don't you think?

I would say society, throughout history, has loved stories about vigilantes. At the moment, Dexter is a modern day vigilante, so for you to say you're surprised is a shock to me too.

And personally the idea of being in the police force (exterior morals) but having dark thoughts (motivated by impulses and personal morals), the paradox, if you even really call it one, is guilt-fully relatable, and for have it personified, even exaggerated if you will, in a character and to watch this weird character exist in modern day society absolutely thrills me.

I adore it.

And from my take, I have a feeling you've watched one episode in the middle of a series. Unfortunately, I'd imagine each episode is not self-contained, and thus, doesn't have the same effect, much like reading a novel in a middle of a series but its assumed you read the previous ones. That's my only explanation of your warped, passionate hate. It doesn't make sense. It's like saying you have a passionate hate for the internet. Who has a PASSIONATE hate for anything like that in the first place?

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
bit of an exaggerated hate don't you think?

I would say society, throughout history, has loved stories about vigilantes. At the moment, Dexter is a modern day vigilante, so for you to say you're surprised is a shock to me too.

And personally the idea of being in the police force (exterior morals) but having dark thoughts (motivated by impulses and personal morals), the paradox, if you even really call it one, is guilt-fully relatable, and for have it personified, even exaggerated if you will, in a character and to watch this weird character exist in modern day society absolutely thrills me.

I adore it.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ur_inner_child again."

QFT anyways.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
they should have kept paul imo, they could've done heaps more with that storyline.

also the blood leaking at the end onto rita's dress prob means season 4 will be all about his habits putting a 'stain' on the relationship and they'll end up breaking up imo....or maybe rita's secret is too strong for dexter to ignore so she ends up fitting the code and he kills her. that would be lulz

em_516

bludging..
HSC
But Dexter already knows the secret.
Wasn't it just that she'd been married before when she was 16?

HSC
omg season 3 is epic.
twists keep coming! shit how i love this show

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
the books are kinda good too... short enough to read in a night and get ur dexter hit..

harris-k

HSC
dexter is the greatest television show ever and the books are great (although #3 was a bit weak with the moloch stuff). Parts of book two got broken up into seasons two and three.

the first season will always be the best i think.

Morbo

HSC
dexter is the greatest television show ever and the books are great (although #3 was a bit weak with the moloch stuff). Parts of book two got broken up into seasons two and three.

the first season will always be the best i think.
Season two is easily the best season. Season three is the weakest but still better than anything better on television at the moment. I haven't read any of the books but my understanding is only season one followed the first book. Seasons two and three continue the story but have no direct relation to the second or third book.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
Fuck, theres a season 3!? Shit, we're so behind.

Season will always be remembered as the best, i reckon.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Haha, i love this show.
Season 2 was the best one, for me.
Season 4, i'm expecting big things. Apparently, there's the return of Lundy.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
I find this show quite entertaining.

Season 1 and 2 would be my favourites (3 was good - but not the same as the previous two).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)