Disrespect for teachers (2 Viewers)

klaris

HSC
A good teacher commands respect. Not in a "respect me!" way but so subtle, you instantly respect them.

And that's why crap teachers aren't given any respect. Tbh, they don't really deserve it.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
A good teacher commands respect. Not in a "respect me!" way but so subtle, you instantly respect them.

And that's why crap teachers aren't given any respect. Tbh, they don't really deserve it.
Yes!! this is what i said
A good teacher commands respect from their students - fact
^That comes with experience and one's methods of teaching; not how smart a teacher is.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
as far as i'm concerned, it's the teacher's role to teach their students the basics.If they can't achieve that, for whatever reason, they're not doing their job.
what student doesn't know "the basics"? literacy rates in this country are close to 100% and i would assume that being able to carry out basic arthimetic functions is within the hands of almost the entire population. most aspects of learning are completely beyond the control of a teacher; like being able to see the relationship between in-context arthimetic problems 1+1 and a real world problem like trying to figure out how many apples dave will have if he has one and sean gives him another. this depends upon higher mental faculities that cannot be competently taught to students.

bright and dedicated students quietly do their work regardless of how "shit" the teacher is perceived to be. the students who tend to give their teachers trouble are the degenerates and behaviorally subnormal who will cause bedlam in any class regardless of the comptency of the teacher heading it.

\

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
bright and dedicated students quietly do their work regardless of how "shit" the teacher is perceived to be. the students who tend to give their teachers trouble are the degenerates and behaviorally subnormal who will cause bedlam in any class regardless of the comptency of the teacher heading it.
kinda true. quite a few students i know prefer to blame their substandard intellect on the teacher.

zxreth

HSC
cannot believe this thread is still going! the person who started this crap isnt even posting anymore!

mioumiou

HSC
maybe we're sort of waiting her to post stuff on/ creating another thread (purely for entertainment purpose.....)

X-Calibre

HSC
That is true, and there are teachers like that in my school. I'm only in Year 10 and teachers respect me. Its just we as students need to be the engaging one but teachers also have to. I guess if you look at a teachers point of view, they walk in and they see a class not giving a crap about this subject, do you really expect that they will give tehir full energy to teach.

But and I emphasise, the teachers who do it for just for money or just can't properly teach are the ones who are really letting us students down.

Last edited:

X-Calibre

HSC
Well firsty what is respect. Respect denotes both a positive feeling of esteem for a person and also specific actions and conduct representative of that esteem. (Thanks wiki and google for that :uhhuh:)

Well to answer your question, I know they respect me because they treat me as one of them and I treat them respectfully because of that. A symbiotic relationship you can call it or whatever. The fact is I know.

steph xx

HSC
why is it that majority of year ten students thoroughly piss me off?

HSC
Uni Grad
we call teachers by their first name at my school. is that disrespectful?
I don't think so, like we called our teachers nicknames and stuff at my school, not in a derogatory sense but more like vague friendship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)